Netbook DSDT?

Jadar

14 posts in this topic

Well, NetBookInstaller always gets hung up on it, and the DSDT patcher never compiles it right. It always ends with an error... I'm not even sure if I need it, but if I put it to sleep, and wake it again, the screen I can see goes on, but the backlight won't go on. I think it might be DSDT, but I'm not sure. What is that run_me thing? Thanks!

It worked for me. Only now it complains that I didn't eject my flash drive, when I wake it up... It also gets a little hot and the fans don't spin up... Any ideas? Thanks!

That didn't work... It still complains about it not ejecting. There is a modified IOATAFamily kext in Extra, should I remove it?

if the controller is compatible

you do not need this kext

test

if the controller is compatible

you do not need this kext

test

Okay, I did that and it didn't work. I have a list of kexts in my Extra folder.

AHCIPortInjector.kext
AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
ElliotForceRTC.kext (which i don't think i need since we patched that in dsdt...)
fakesmc.kext
KextcacheHelper.kext
RealtekR1000.kext
VaioPEnabler.kext (which I also don't think I need 'cause i don't hav a vaio...)

remove AHCIPortInjector.kext(look at the system profiler/serial ata), ElliotForceRTC.kext and VaioPEnabler.kext

No dice, it didn't work. I'm decompiling my Extensions.mkext to find out whats in that. But there shouldn't be any of those kexts in it because I updated it every time. Thanks for all the help!

UPDATE: None of the removed kexts are in my Extensions.mkext. Although I did find one that could be of interest, is is called IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext. Any ideas what that is? Its kind of funny that is is in Extensions.mkext and not Extra/Extensions... I do think it has something to do with NetbookInstaller's fancy way of handling kexts...