recent dsdt gigabyte improvement

lyras

10 posts in this topic

hello dear forum,

I was using 10.6.2 with RC4 chameleon, which worked fine. Now, I´ve upgraded to 10.6.7 with using the chimera (via [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]).

Here is the thing. I can only boot with AHCI ( Sata leads to "Still waiting for root device"). In addition, my Usb mouse and my DVD drive sometimes vanish. Moreover, he takes a long time to boot. I didn´t have these problems before.

I did not touch the system for a year, so I´m not up do date.

My question is: How can I fix these problems? I´m not using my old dsdt anymore. I generated a new dsdt via DSDT patcher ( Gigabyte EP45-UD3)t. I´m wasn´t sure anymore, what the fixes stand for (like example DTGP,HDEF and so on). Can somebody explain it or post a link where its mentioned? Additionally, I wanted to ask , what is going to happen if a fix is installed in dsdt and as a kext (like speedstep and Nullcpupowermanagement). Is is going to cause problems?

i´ve now FakeSMC, AppleACPIPS2nub. APPLePS2Controller,LegacyHDA and NullCPUPowermanagement in E/E. Are there recent methods to replace them via DSDT? So many questions...

(I apologize for my english)

Would appreciate it, if someone could help.

Greetings

dear MaLd0n

i tried it already on another hard disk. Did not work properly. It´s always: still waiting for root device ;)

I just can´t remember what i´ve changed a year ago. I think it was something in DSDT, which enabled S-ata and disabled the orange icons.

it´s only working with AHCI enabled. strange....

He lists the devices in system profile under: Intel ICH10 AHCI

Shall I attach my DSDT, so you can have a look? Although, it´s actually just the EP45-UD3 with all fixes from Autopatcher.

it´s only working with AHCI enabled. strange....

Shall I attach my DSDT, so you can have a look? Although, it´s actually just the EP45-UD3 with all fixes from Autopatcher.

Apple loves AHCI

use AHCI enabled

so that has to be

for PATA use kext mod(if you need)