Time moving faster

Dedox

3 posts in this topic

Hello! after updating chameleon (and still updating to the daily latest version) and installing Lion, i'm founding myself in a frustrating situation: the time of the clock is moving faster than the real life!

Example: now i go to system->clock and undot-dot synch time. the time will set up the right way, but after like 2-3 minuts it start to get 1 minut afterward, and taking that minute every some. vRealy boring.

Also i found that with quicktime and vlc the playback time is apparently right, unless you hear the audio that is playing a little little bit faster and you can listen it...

Someone have an explanation?

I had the same issue, but it was resolved automatically by a newer chameleon version.

The reason why your clock (and animations too, btw.) is running faster because of a too low Bus Speed reported by Lion.

For instance my Bus Speed in the BIOS showed: 4.8GHz and in Lion it said I'd only have 1.5GHz

Now Lion recognizes 4.8GHz and the clock+animation are running with proper speed.

I don't know what processor or motherboard you have. If it's exotic maybe tell the people here as well:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...5866&st=360