What network cards work?

Dartamis

613 posts in this topic

I had tried:

CNet PRO200WL PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

D-Link DFE-530TX

Realtek 8139B

with no luck. Then i noticed my cable modem had a usb connection...

I tried it, and it immediately detected the usb connection as built in ethernet..

So nice!

What kind of cable modem do you have?

Realtek sound like it works well <_< Only prob with my set up is that I have an ASUS P4P800 SE, someone should make a KEXT for Marvel.......so many people would benifit.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I am running an A8N Deluxe board with a AMD 3200+ X2 CPU.

I just stuck in an older 3c905X NIC card I had laying around.

When the OS boots up If I click on Safari super fast I can load the apple home page and click on a few links and then BANG the internet is gone. I can't get it back unless I restart.

I have no clue how to fix this.

BTW I am running in "platform=X86PC" mode and when I don't it seams as though I can stay online a little longer before it just kicks me off but then I get this black box saying I have to restart the computer. :D

Any Ideas? :angry:

Thanks

An earlier poster wrote up some instructions on using the tulip driver to get a bunch of different DEC tulip based cards working. I'm the author of that driver and wanted to point out that there is a newer version of the driver available.

Always check the sourceforge page where the driver lives to get the latest and greatest version. Version 1.2.0 is available from there and should compile cleanly on any Tiger-based system. I released the code before fully testing on Panther so it doesn't compile correctly "out of the box" for 10.3 or earlier.

If you have questions on this, feel free to post here and I'll check back periodically.

i have a D-link DFE-538TX ethernet card installed. it is listed as working / compatible hardware for osx86. in Windows, it was detected as Realtek RTL8139 card. it worked.

but in osx86, it isn't listed on the network in the "system preferences". in the "system profile" however, there's a ethernet card listed as en0.

what am i doing wrong here?

tried tulip but no result. for those who has 8139 cards working for you, what are the steps you take to get the card working post installation of osx?

well never mind me. i got it working already. dunno how though. when i add my dev and vendor id to the 8139 kext, nothing happen. then i pulled the card and plugged back it, the osx read the card loud and clear.

I have a ASUS A8V Deluxe mobo with built-in Marvell 88E8001 ethernet. Doesn't work. It would be nice for someone to make a kext for the Marvell cards, because one kext would work with many of the recent ASUS mobos, which use Marvell ethernet adapters.

I have an Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI with a built-in Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E adapter, doesn't work here.

I need help with the tulip driver. I try the command "make install" and it says make: command not found. what do i need to do to get it to compile? Any help would be appreciated.

If anyone has the tulip.kext already compiled for 10.4.3 and some instructions that would be great too.