What network cards work?

Dartamis

613 posts in this topic

or My linsys tne 100tx (v5) working

When i use tuplip,after i had my realtek 8139 dev and ven ids

and exit the info.plist and save

the guide tells me to 'Save the file(Ctrl-X and select yes) then do a cd .. cd .."

and then it tells me to enter(kextload tulip.kext)

after i enter that it says cannot find file or someting like that

can anyone plz help

Thank you

HI,

Well, good news is I've just got 10.4.7 installed on my PC with an Intel Pro 1000 Desktop adapter. It works fine straight off. :D)

After installing on 2 other Dell laptops (both with broadcom 57xx NICs) and neither of them working - everything except networking anyway - Now I've put it on my PC and am v happy ;p

I found I couldn't install it to a partition unless it's the first on the disk - I found this with the laptops too. I just imaged (Ghost) my C: Windows partition earlier, so am putting that back on the second partition. This can cause problems, but they can be fixed with a couple of registry edits. Initially after doing this on one of the laptops, Windows wasnt happy with the partition location changing, so when I logged in it just logged straight back off again. Sorted it out with a regedit fix from Microsoft.com.

The networking thing was the one thing killing me with the laptops...a desktop jsut isn't complete without ANY networking! Now the PC's working I'll be putting it to FULL use :()

Yay!

Well, good news is I've just got 10.4.7 installed on my PC with an Intel Pro 1000 Desktop adapter. It works fine straight off. :) )
Can you please tell us the exact name of the Intel Pro 1000 Adapter - there are many different ones. For my Toshiba Laptop they used the Intel Pro 1000 PL one, which I have not been able to get to work. How does windows display that adapter of yours?

Thanks,

Bugs.

• 2 weeks later...

helle guys, I've searched all through this forum and I can't find an answer for my prob.

I got an Asus W5F with 945GM, I installed 10.4.6 from Jas and updated to 10.4.7.

My Ethernet wich is a Realtek RTL 8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC wich used to work native from the OSX installation for the last two days is now disconnecting now and then for no reason (the sole modification was the installation of Stuff It Deluxe wich I uninstalled for no result).

The only way to get the net work is to reset/unplug the DSL modem and restart my lappy!!!

Can anyone could help a complete newbie pls

helle guys, I've searched all through this forum and I can't find an answer for my prob.

I got an Asus W5F with 945GM, I installed 10.4.6 from Jas and updated to 10.4.7.

My Ethernet wich is a Realtek RTL 8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC wich used to work native from the OSX installation for the last two days is now disconnecting now and then for no reason (the sole modification was the installation of Stuff It Deluxe wich I uninstalled for no result).

The only way to get the net work is to reset/unplug the DSL modem and restart my lappy!!!

Can anyone could help a complete newbie pls

Hi to all!

please help me! Does anyone know to make Broadcom 440x working in Jas Mac OS 10.4.6 or 10.4.7?

i tied so many times to solve this problem using diferent solution but failed :unsure:

Please give a link or ful tultorial how to make it working!!!!

Thank you!!!

what a pity! I have the same problem. Wishes to us

I have d-link DFE-538TX which is supposed to work natively but I can't seems to get it to work in Jas 10.4.8. Anyone can help?

My realtek 8139 should work too with the 10.4.7 IONetworkingFamily.kext but I couldn't get it working. So yesterday I've bought myself an cheap ass linksys LNE100TX for E 13,- and it works great with the tulip driver :)

• 2 weeks later...

No success for now :(

tried:

3 COM 905B (worked with 10.4.3)

Realtek RTL 8139 B

NO BRAND RTL 8139 B Chipset

ATI 2450FT

ATI 2450FTX

ATI 2701

onboard RTL 8201CL

but none of them works for me.

Can so. please send me the 10.4.6. or 10.4.7 IOPCI.kext and IONetworking.kext for some further tests ???

My Linksys Wireless G PCI card #WMP54GS worked right out of the box on my Hackintosh. Jas 10.4.8 installed on a P4 2.8 with SSE2 and 1 Gig ram.

i have the same card v.4.1(RT61chip) .. but it does not work..

what version or what chip is it?

how did you do that????

What we really need is a driver for Intel Wireless Pro 2200bg...sorry :blink:

is there a way to convert it or renaming it...like using File Maker 8.5 or renaming to .dmg or somthing like that?

I think the best way is still doing something with the driver for Linux...but...uhm...well you know :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...