[Guide] Dell XPS 15 L502X (Early 2011) Snow Leopard Install (possibly L702x too)

wen1

3,030 posts in this topic

@ Maxey :

Concerning the automatic repair tool of Windows, it only works if your Windows partition is set as active. Because when OS X partition is active, the repair tool can't find Win7 OS.

Try diskpart command (launch the cmd in Windows) and set your Windows partition as active.

Type diskpart, then list disk, then select disk X (X is the HDD with Windows partition), then list partition and select partition Y (Y is the number of the Win partition) and in the end active… Then reboot with Windows 7 dvd-rom and repair startup.

Well thanks guys for your work on how to install lion on L502X

and I have installed lion on my Laptop successfully

HD3000 works perfectly and with a modified natit.kext Mac identified the GT540M

besides with a modified AppleHDA.kext accompany with DSDT I can make the sound card work perfectly

but i don't know how to make it sleep...

besides

the GeekBench score of the Laptop on Intel 64bit is 4861

I don't know if i make CPU work perfectly.....

Will anybody help me fix my DSDT?

Thanks in advance

post-487710-0-56102700-1331092770_thumb.png

post-487710-0-70897000-1331092791_thumb.png

Well thanks guys for your work on how to install lion on L502X and I have installed lion on my Laptop successfully HD3000 works perfectly and with a modified natit.kext Mac identified the GT540M besides with a modified AppleHDA.kext accompany with DSDT I can make the sound card work perfectly but i don't know how to make it sleep... besides the GeekBench score of the Laptop on Intel 64bit is 4861 I don't know if i make CPU work perfectly..... Will anybody help me fix my DSDT? Thanks in advance post-487710-0-56102700-1331092770_thumb.png post-487710-0-70897000-1331092791_thumb.png
Did you patch your AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext with SpeedStepper?

Well thanks guys for your work on how to install lion on L502X

and I have installed lion on my Laptop successfully

HD3000 works perfectly and with a modified natit.kext Mac identified the GT540M

besides with a modified AppleHDA.kext accompany with DSDT I can make the sound card work perfectly

but i don't know how to make it sleep...

besides

the GeekBench score of the Laptop on Intel 64bit is 4861

I don't know if i make CPU work perfectly.....

Will anybody help me fix my DSDT?

Thanks in advance

post-487710-0-56102700-1331092770_thumb.png

post-487710-0-70897000-1331092791_thumb.png

What do you mean the 540 M is detected? Working?

@ Maxey :

Concerning the automatic repair tool of Windows, it only works if your Windows partition is set as active. Because when OS X partition is active, the repair tool can't find Win7 OS.

Try diskpart command (launch the cmd in Windows) and set your Windows partition as active.

Type diskpart, then list disk, then select disk X (X is the HDD with Windows partition), then list partition and select partition Y (Y is the number of the Win partition) and in the end active… Then reboot with Windows 7 dvd-rom and repair startup.

Wonderful, that worked. Now i will try to reinstall Chimera 1.8 and then try again booting up from HDD :)

@ DoiX :

Concerning my blue tooth chip, it's not a miniPCI one. I had a Acer Aspire 5920G before my L502x and it had bluetooth. I thought it was a miniPCI card, so I took a screwdriver and fully opened the Acer (broken because my 8600M GT burnt) to pick the bluetooth chip out. It was under the keyboard and looked like this :

mini_120307105139800145.jpg

Broadcam bluetooth chip : BCM92045NMD-95

It was directly connected to the motherboard and I don't think we have the same plug on ours... That's why I bought a Belkin mini USB bluetooth... :)

If you have any idea on where to plug it, let me know cause I would be interested, to know if it works or not...

He means the card is identified in the System Profiler app, nothing more :)

Ah , ok, damn :D Thought its some kind of progress :)

btw i repaired with windows and installed Chimera with the standalone installer from the tony forum. (However it say

Standalone Installer to update to the latest Chimera boot loader. )

It is a real installer not just an update right? As i also wondered that the installation routine (compared to the chameleon installation routine) was so fast.

Well be it as it might be, i still get the boot0:error. :wallbash:

Oh great DoiX! You would be my hero... Have a nice day and I'm waiting for your infos :)

@Maxey : I installed Lion once again on my L502x from scratch as I described to you in PM (because I had problems with Win7) and it's alright, with Chimera 1.8 standalone installer.

Did you patch your AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext with SpeedStepper?

Yep and I can see the change of the frequency

@ DoiX :

Concerning my blue tooth chip, it's not a miniPCI one. I had a Acer Aspire 5920G before my L502x and it had bluetooth. I thought it was a miniPCI card, so I took a screwdriver and fully opened the Acer (broken because my 8600M GT burnt) to pick the bluetooth chip out. It was under the keyboard and looked like this :

mini_120307105139800145.jpg

Broadcam bluetooth chip : BCM92045NMD-95

It was directly connected to the motherboard and I don't think we have the same plug on ours... That's why I bought a Belkin mini USB bluetooth... :)

If you have any idea on where to plug it, let me know cause I would be interested, to know if it works or not...

Well i have a same Bluetooth chip from Lenovo......

Here is my DSDT

dsdt.aml.zip

Yep and I can see the change of the frequency Well i have a same Bluetooth chip from Lenovo...... Here is my DSDT
And did you install it or you don't know where to plug it?

Concerning your DSDT, I dan't help because I don't understand how it works...

And you said you had your ALC665 working perfectly : You mean without the heavy bass issue and with your subwoofer working?

And did you install it or you don't know where to plug it?

Concerning your DSDT, I dan't help because I don't understand how it works...

And you said you had your ALC665 working perfectly : You mean without the heavy bass issue and with your subwoofer working?

In fact I don't know whether the subwoofer works or not...

but I'm sure that there is no "heavy" bass issue....

Attachment is the modified AppleHDA

and except that in DSDT after Device (HDEF) add Method and the code is below

you can have a try

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Package (0x0C)
					{
						"device-id",
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x65, 0x06, 0xEC, 0x10
						},
						"built-in",
						Buffer (One)
						{
							0x00
						},
						"layout-id",
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x99, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00
						},
						"model",
						Buffer (0x07)
						{
							"alc665"
						},
						"PinConfigurations",
						Buffer (Zero) {},
						"hda-gfx",
						Buffer (0x0A)
						{
							"onboard-1"
						}
					}, Local0)
				DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}

AppleHDA.kext.zip

post-487710-0-27483800-1331169482_thumb.png

Ok, thanks. I don't have the bass issue, but I don't think my subwoofer is working. And everytime I want to install Boom 1.2, my system becomes unbootable so that I have to delete every Boom related file via Windows and then boot OS X =s

Strange.

I'm at work so I need Windows but when I'll come back home, I'll test your solution and tell you how it works but I think I'll get the same result =)

And tonight, I'll give Mountain Lion a try... on an external HDD.

@ DoiX : It's not urgent, so don't think I'm harassing you, but when you got time, can you confirm me you saw a plug looking like the one of my bluetooth chip? Tanks a lot.

That's what I thought too after having a look at some L502x motherboard pics.

That's not a big problem. My USB dongle is working fine for now.

The only thing I noticed is that when I restart my computer (from Win7 or OS X), it hangs on BIOS screen (when the "progress bar" is at 100%...) like if it was searching for informations. And If I unplug my bluetooth USB dongle, then it continues to boot normally.

Any idea of what it could be related to?

I read things on the subject in the past minutes and it's indeed related to BIOS and also with Intel chipset, because peope have the problem only with Intel ones.

I'll try with the A09 update, but I don't know if this will work.

And I don't like the A09 because of it's restriction of resolution on the boot screen... It's limited to 1024x768. But with the A06, I can set it to 1366x768 (native res).

I hate the fact that we loose sleep functionality... i can deal with the strict resolution at boot but i won't deal with lack of sleep!

• Like 1

I'm not a heavy user of sleep so it could be not so problematic for me...

And resolution is not a big deal, but I don't like having low resoltion on my screen.

And A09 and sleep problem are linked but there's no difference between the A06 and A09? :huh: