[Guide] Dell XPS 15 L502X (Early 2011) Snow Leopard Install (possibly L702x too)

wen1

3,030 posts in this topic

Ei daw como vc configurou seu find my mac?

I didn't set it up. Btw, I don't think that this feature will work for hackintoshes.

Eu não configurei. Alias, eu não creio que funcione em hackintoshes.

Hey all

After much toil and trouble I have finally managed to (i) create a DSDT-free clover (thanks to TW for the inspiration) and (ii) disable the Nvidia via DoiX's _PS3 method, as the _OFF method does not work for some reason via SSDT. However - due to various reasons summarised by a conversation between @TimeWalker and @DawTaylor around pages 125-132 - the Battery kext is not working and I just cannot get the splitting of the B1&B2 registers to work via SSDT. I have attached my (75% finished) work for the 15z which just leaves the battery and ALC269 - I just need to drop TW's patched AppleHDA kext to work, though the battery is far more important.

If anyone has any help to offer it would be much appreciated.

060G42_new.zip

@davidrocha

I just enabled Find My Mac feature. Easier than I thought, just followed this guide. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/271206-how-to-enable-find-my-mac-with-a-fake-recovery-hd-updated/

Acabei de ativar o Find My Mac. Bem mais fácil do que eu imaginava, segui esse tópico. Link acima

Responsiveness is faster (maybe it's because battery and sound are still not working) and in theory it should be more compatible with future upgrades to 10.9.x.

Right now I've held off upgrading as I still need to fix the battery and sound, so anyone who has a 15 or 15z and is working with a DSDT-free config please get in touch!

Hey all

After much toil and trouble I have finally managed to (i) create a DSDT-free clover (thanks to TW for the inspiration) and (ii) disable the Nvidia via DoiX's _PS3 method, as the _OFF method does not work for some reason via SSDT. However - due to various reasons summarised by a conversation between @TimeWalker and @DawTaylor around pages 125-132 - the Battery kext is not working and I just cannot get the splitting of the B1&B2 registers to work via SSDT. I have attached my (75% finished) work for the 15z which just leaves the battery and ALC269 - I just need to drop TW's patched AppleHDA kext to work, though the battery is far more important.

If anyone has any help to offer it would be much appreciated.

You can't split registers via SSDT and B1B2 method cannot be external as amount of the arguments the ACPI interpreter guesses is always wrong. So both have to be in a form of DSDT patches defined in config.

Ok. Done. Battery working thru clover patching. Feels surprisingly gratifying to manually patch in binary instruction fixes in the DSDT - takes me back to the good old days of BIOS hacking for jne/jmp instructions.

One final thing for complete 15z DSDT-less (and fully upgradable) solution - ALC269 patching. @TW - IIRC you need to patch in the pinconfig into FakeSMC - where exactly? Also are you still using (albeit minor) patched AppleHDA & IOAudioFamily?

EDIT: Found the post a few pages back. Tried using your method but unfortunately it looks like my ALC269 requires some more tinkering; I need to modify Platforms.xml, layout28.xml, AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext *and* binary patch AppleHDA's kext as well as detailed here: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1967-applehda-binary-patching/

Also for some reason 10.7.5 or 10.9 HDA kext doesn't want to work using this method. So looks like I'm stuck for now.

On another note, I have fixed the P-state stepper errors (they were due to incorrect SSDT, fixed using clover auto-generate) but I cannot boot the Mavericks installation usb as it crashes (reboots without errors) as soon as the display is initialised. I can only boot into installation in safe mode. Weird.

@jkbuha, just look at the files from my guide .. you don't need anything extra. I've same ACL269VB chip as sits in your 15z so don't go all *I'm stuck now* when everything has been posted. 

I haven't touched a thing in this setup (in terms of getting the audio codec working) since 10.7.5 hit.

• Like 1

Bought a secondary HDD and put in place the cd / dvd. Before I had a dual-boot Maverick/Windows8 and now would like to use the Mac on a hd and windows on the other, what would be the quickest and most effective way to do this?

Just install windows on the secondary HDD and choose which one to load by pressing F12 on boot screen.

I installed Windows 8 UEFI second HD, but before doing that installation was giving problem and was giving no right to install, giving error at installation time, so I did a test, have disabled the first HD and the installation worked there the second HD. After that I enabled the first HD and do the boot with clover that recognizes and makes windows boot normally!

The problem installing windows in MBR is that I realize the system much slower, so I prefer the windows in GUID.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321009639220?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

This will work for 10.8.5 and 10.9, nothing lower than that. BT works out of the box, AirPort requires a simple device-id substitute via DSDT.

@tw,

The card was delivered today, could you point me how to do the devide-id substitute for the airport to work? Every single Google results about BCM43225 isn't supported.

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x14)
{
"built-in",
Buffer (One)
{
0x00
},

"model",
Buffer (0x10)
{
"AirPort Extreme"
},

"subsystem-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x8F, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

"subsystem-vendor-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
},

"device_type",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"AirPort"
},

"AAPL,slot-name",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"AirPort"
},

"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0xA0, 0x43, 0x00, 0x00
},

"vendor-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0xE4, 0x14, 0x00, 0x00
},

"name",
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"pci14e4,43a0"
},

"compatible",
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"pci14e4,43a0"
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}