[Guide] Dell XPS 15 L502X (Early 2011) Snow Leopard Install (possibly L702x too)

wen1

3,030 posts in this topic

uhmm ?

52N9P.png

System Preferences > iCloud

52Nbj.png

you can see the default ssdt and dsdt, for some reason it can't be external, must be same as original. 

attachicon.gifacpi.zip

How in the world does AmdTabl use it as External then?

External (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF, MethodObj)    // 0 Arguments
 External (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._ON_, MethodObj)    // 0 Arguments

You haven't read the guide, did you?

SMBIOS
- BoardSerialNumber - make sure to set it to any 17 characters you desire. Make a note on this number because you will need to use it once more later.
- SerialNumber - define your Mac serial number here, its a 12 character string that you can get from Champlist, Chameleon Wizard or similar software… or make up one yourself knowing what sections of serial number mean. Make sure your number ends with DH2L as it defined MacBookPro8,1 device.

You can extract it from windows using monitor asset manager .. but this wont be useful, as stock edid will result in artifacts. Besides, Clover already knows your EDID and is able to inject it, but again.. it will artifact. You have to use a demo of SwitchResX 4 and fine tune the frequencies for the custom resolution that you have to create and then apply as display override profile. 

Just a beginner question :)

Finally I manage to patch my AICPM.kext and create SSDT spesific to my processor and running okay with Mavericks 10.9 GM (without modding my bios).

Do you think that my speed step is working correctly?

rvxo.png

I noticed that my freq and multiplier changed (higher) when I open heavy stuff(s). I know this is one of indication that seems my speedstep working correctly, but just want to make sure that I get correct result as expected :D

Another thing that bit puzzling me around, my graphic is HD3000 and I've got NVRAM = 384 MB and I saw in another post someone got 512 MB, whats wrong with mine? do I need to patch something again?

However I've got QE/CI enabled.

Any suggestion?

yqpa.png

My spec for reference:

Dell XPS L502x (ACPI x64-based PC)
Intel Cougar Point HM67, Intel Sandy Bridge
Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-2760QM, 3200 MHz (32 x 100)
Intel HD Graphics 3000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M (2 GB)
4GB RAM

Thanks a lot guys! ;)

@iSheep - iMac? What did you set your device to be in smbios.plist? It should (normally) be MBP8,1 (or 8,2 if you're feeling particularly brave)

Also, could you post how you created the correct SSDTs for your processor? For some reason mine still give me a p-stepper error on first boot.

@iSheep - iMac? What did you set your device to be in smbios.plist? It should (normally) be MBP8,1 (or 8,2 if you're feeling particularly brave)

Also, could you post how you created the correct SSDTs for your processor? For some reason mine still give me a p-stepper error on first boot.

@ iSheep

iMac Summer 2001 :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Sorry for this, but I could not do in an other way.

I hope you do not get unfriendly greetings from Apple, if you are using with this SMBios their services.

Here's your starting point: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1003

Yeah, Im just too lazy to create my SMBios when I made that post after got my speedstep working :thumbsup_anim: so, you saw the default without SMBios in extra folder.

Btw, whats the different from SMBios generated by cameleon wizard and SMBios from DOIX installer? Doix said that he tweak his SMBios in his installer to make it work the miniDP. any sugesstion which to choose?

Thanks!

@dawtaylor could u post your dsdt . i have been trying to edit settings to support acpi battery but it doesn't compile. thank you.

@jkbuha we share the same ssdt files i don't get any p stepper errors are you sure that is the problem?