Tri-boot grub question

1 post in this topic

I installed Snow Leopard first, had my issues, but finally got everything worked out on my laptop (Gateway NV54). I had working wireless and sound so I was happy to continue because I had consistent working boots. I then installed windows 7 and finally Ubuntu 11.04. From what I read, the easiest method of getting this working was to let grub handle everything and that has worked fine in the past for my other laptop and desktops that are tri-boot.

For some reason, when I re-enter the mac OS from grub, many times it hangs but when it works, it doesn't show my airport card is installed (Atheros AR5B93).

When grub loads, it gives me the option to edit the commands before booting but the commands look like a lot of IF statements that don't really make sense to me (I was hoping for a place to enter -v or something). Does anyone have a clue as to what might be going on here and an easy way for me to edit the boot options to make it boot the way it did when it was the only system?

***UPDATE***

Believe it or not... it just resolved itself... I had a 32bit and 64bit menu options on grub and had been choosing 64bit... when I tried 32bit, it always hung (even through within the on screen dump I could see it was selecting 64bit mode).

Anyway, I just tried 32bit one more time and I'm in and airport is working....

I still have a lingering question on how to edit those grub startup options if anyone wants to chime in...