Snow Leopard on Gigabyte Mobos

168 posts in this topic

update bios and extract new DSDT from windows

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225991

I'm currently on their latest stable bios, the next one available is a beta should I do that?

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-p...x?pid=2617#bios

Also I'm not sure how to extract new DSDT using that method you linked in topic 225991... I'm not sure what everest is?

Can I use this method? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523

This is the result of the dsdt from the 235523 method saved with .jpg

I'd been running SL and Leopard successfully on my GA-P35C (see sig) until the mobo failed. I replaced it with the GA-P43T-ES3G to continue using my CPU.

When I attempt to boot up with Chameleon, which is on my Leopard HDD, I cannot interact with the GUI with my keyboard or mouse.

I thought I would try to resolve this by applying your files, beginning with installing Hackboot v5 on my SL HDD. I got to the Hackboot GUI but had the same experience. Could not interact with the screen.

There have been initial boot problems when more than 4 GB RAM is installed. I have 8 GB installed and it is DD3 rather than DDR2 which was on the previous mobo. I may pull out a 4 GB stick and try again, but that's never been a problem booting before.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Fixed it!

I merely had to enable the USB mouse and keyboard in the BIOS - and everything booted up beautifully! Now I merely have to enable sound.

Any other recommendations to refine my implementation with your files?

Thanks!

send me kextstat

run on terminal

audio codec?

Thanks. This is from my cloned, backup SL implementation.

Board is Rev. 1.3, ALC888/892 codec

FYI, yesterday I experimented with kexts added using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

I haven't touched the DSDT from the original implementation on my GA P35C.

Haven't installed Hackboot because my original Chameleon, on the Leopard HDD, now works.

kextstat.txt

Thanks. This is from my cloned, backup SL implementation.

Board is Rev. 1.3, ALC888/892 codec

FYI, yesterday I experimented with kexts added using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

I haven't touched the DSDT from the original implementation on my GA P35C.

Haven't installed Hackboot because my original Chameleon, on the Leopard HDD, now works.

:dev:

OpenHaltRestart, NullCPUPowerManagement, PlatformUUID, SleepEnabler ?????

;)

OpenHaltRestart, NullCPUPowerManagement, PlatformUUID, SleepEnabler ?????

May be moot point now. Just as with the P35C, rig suddenly will not power on. At all. Had intermittent problems powering on after new mobo install, but now it's as dead as it suddenly was with the P35C.

Using a 10-year-old G4 Digital Audio with upgraded CPU to write this. This one powers on repeatedly from same electrical socket, same cord as Hack rig. Sheesh.

Hi there, I hope you can help me and I am in the right area. I have been reading myself blind !! over the past weeks on my particular hardware setup to install MacOSX. I have been using various installs and have OSX 10.6.8 running with good video - infact, everything SEEMS to be working fine, except audio.

I am struggling to understand some of the ways to patch the OSX system, and haven't had much luck with DSDT.

I noted your run_me app to capture information on my system and to gain assistance on custom patching my particular hardware. Output file is attached below.

I have a Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 mobo ver 3.3 F14 revision. I have a Nvidia GeForce 880GTS card. Asus DRW-24B1LT ATA CD Burner, West Digital WD5000AADS fix drive and 4 gig of ram. The mobo uses Marvell Yukon 88E8056 gigabit ethernet controller and has Intel HDA audio (I believe its a Realtek ALC 883 chipset?)

I am very happy with the way my system runs but audio is killing me. I note that when I installed after booting from a boot disk to OSX install - there was audio, then after installation, I had nothing. I have installed before a basic VoodooHDA kext that gave limited sound (stereo) but I would like to use 5.1 speakers (I have a Logitech speaker system) and need the audio connectors on the mobo to work. I have read many stories about sound working / not working - using voodoo versus ALC kexts. I have tried some ALC kext's but they have caused my machine to crash with KPs.

I have been looking as some autopatchers and see that they create a dsdt.aml file - I understand that this should be placed in /Extras - is that all there is to it - do I need to rebuild permissions, install other files ?

I have been trawling through FAQ's everywhere.... Please help... Can you create a custom file for my hardware setup that will allow compatibility ?

Kind regards and thanks so much in advance if you can help.

Geoff

Wow you are quick, cheers for that.

Ok... now hopefully being the noob I am I have done the right thing. I have removed the two kexts you mentioned from /Extras/Extensions.

I placed the dickovich dsdt.aml in the /Extras folder

I added the lines in the com.apple.boot.plist (attached)... I have then rebooted and still no audio...

I have rerun the run_me app and its results (and the boot.plist file output) is attached.

Have I done the right thing - is there something else I should have done ? Are you indicating from the website you attached that I still have to install kexts ?

HELP :)

boot.plist =>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

:(

I have tried a heap of different 883 kexts with no luck - it isn't even identifying the sound card... When I used the Voodoo kext at least it identified the card.

I might have to consider buying a sound card, disabling the onboard sound and taking it from there...

So close yet so far..

Geoff

I have tried a heap of different 883 kexts with no luck - it isn't even identifying the sound card... When I used the Voodoo kext at least it identified the card.

I might have to consider buying a sound card, disabling the onboard sound and taking it from there...

So close yet so far..

Geoff

Use VoodooHda

Work Like a Charm

Thanks a lot, great work MaLd0n!!!

You're Welcome

• 2 weeks later...
May be moot point now. Just as with the P35C, rig suddenly will not power on. At all. Had intermittent problems powering on after new mobo install, but now it's as dead as it suddenly was with the P35C.

Back up and running with kexts listed above installed. Used VoodooHDA for sound running 10.6.7 but this caused a KP in 10.6.8. Used [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] to install working sound in 10.6.8.

Thanks for your offer to help.

Hi there

tried it on the following setup and get a kernel panic during installing 10.6.8 combo

GA-H67M-D2-B3

i5-2300

internal graphic

Installing 10.6 from Retail Disk went fine

Installing Extra as well

Chameleon flawless

DSDT Patcher no prob

But as written, in the end I got the panic, see screen shot.

Any help would be gladly appreciated!

Thanx a lot

post-494224-1313348623_thumb.jpg