Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT

-!N-

80 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been search for kexts or any workaround for about 1 to 2 years now. And i was wondering if there are any news regarding the Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT (Notebook).

So, this is not the Radeon HD 2400, this card is different.. or at least i couldn't get the mobility version to work the way others did with their "non-mobility" version.

I appreciate any kind of help!

Hi,

I've been search for kexts or any workaround for about 1 to 2 years now. And i was wondering if there are any news regarding the Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT (Notebook).

So, this is not the Radeon HD 2400, this card is different.. or at least i couldn't get the mobility version to work the way others did with their "non-mobility" version.

i think its impossible,

my laptop is Acer 4920G with ATi Mobility Radeon 2400 XT 0x94c8

i have no idea why this graphic card has no support at all in arround the world,

ive been success get full resolution, but no QE/CI support, and its so useless at all.

if u have an idea how to make this card works properly, hopes u will share it.

Hi,

I can probably help you get native resolution on 10.6, or full QE/CI on 10.5.

Some things you need to get and paste here:

1) OS version.

2) output from bcc9's bios decoder

3) What is the native resolution of your internal panel?

4) EDID of your internal panel

5) device id of your card

I can probably help you get native resolution on 10.6, or full QE/CI on 10.5.

Some things you need to get and paste here:

1) OS version.

2) output from bcc9's bios decoder

3) What is the native resolution of your internal panel?

4) EDID of your internal panel

5) device id of your card

I'm not the OP but could you help me get qe/ci?

1)Leopard (10.5.6 at the moment)

2)not sure how to do this(open it with terminal??)

3)1440x900

4)??

5)0x94c81002

I'd even be happy with qe/ci on vga

I'm not the OP but could you help me get qe/ci?

1)Leopard (10.5.6 at the moment)

2)not sure how to do this(open it with terminal??)

3)1440x900

4)??

5)0x94c81002

I'd even be happy with qe/ci on vga

I'm pretty sure we can get something going for you: look through the other ATI threads for bcc9's bios decoder, how to dump your video ROM and how to get your panel EDID. I can make a patch to the Iago FB for 10.5 that should give full resolution on internal and thereby allow X2000 accelerator to load properly. ( I have to boot with an external display connected or a paperclip in my external vga socket to get it to switch on at the moment, but it works 100%)

Firstly: Thanks so far!

Soo,

i need an installation of 10.5 to run Plex on it. DVI or VGA out would be pretty cool to hook it up to an external monitor.

The problem is that i dunno know how to figure out the data you need. Little help at that point would be wounderful :thumbsup_anim:

I'll try to get 10.5 (some of the latest versions) running on my notebook (that is the device that has the 2400XT) this eve..

I'll try to get most of the things i know by now posted.

Thanks in advance ;)

I'm pretty sure we can get something going for you: look through the other ATI threads for bcc9's bios decoder, how to dump your video ROM and how to get your panel EDID. I can make a patch to the Iago FB for 10.5 that should give full resolution on internal and thereby allow X2000 accelerator to load properly. ( I have to boot with an external display connected or a paperclip in my external vga socket to get it to switch on at the moment, but it works 100%)

So do you have both internal and external display's working? (Not both at the same time) If so, thats awesome!

I attached my EDID info extracted using SwitchResX. I tried running the ./radeon_bios decode < whatever.rom script but I get the error:

dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022

Trace/BPT trap

If you want I could send you my .rom

Thanks!

Edit:

Uploaded the .rom here: http://www.2shared.com/file/LZqdwPDv/2400xt.html

Internal_EDID.txt

So do you have both internal and external display's working? (Not both at the same time) If so, thats awesome!

I attached my EDID info extracted using SwitchResX. I tried running the ./radeon_bios decode < whatever.rom script but I get the error:

dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022

Trace/BPT trap

If you want I could send you my .rom

Thanks!

Edit:

Uploaded the .rom here: http://www.2shared.com/file/LZqdwPDv/2400xt.html

I'll take a look at your ROM, but that EDID is not from your panel - it's a fake created by SwitchResX :wacko:

You'll have to get your EDID from moninfo or phoenix in windows - OSX can't get the EDID from a non-detected panel.

I'll take a look at your ROM, but that EDID is not from your panel - it's a fake created by SwitchResX :wacko:

You'll have to get your EDID from moninfo or phoenix in windows - OSX can't get the EDID from a non-detected panel.

haha ya i probably should have thought of that

here ya go:

Internal_Panel.txt

haha ya i probably should have thought of that

here ya go:

Thanks, just for the record, here is the output for your ROM:

ATOM BIOS Rom: 
	SubsystemVendorID: 0x1002 SubsystemID: 0x94c8
	IOBaseAddress: 0x0000
	Filename: BR26315.bin 
	BIOS Bootup Message: 
Wistron/Acer MXM M74M GDDR2 256MB 300e/400m								 

PCI ID: 1002:94c8
Connector at index 0
	Type [@offset 45156]: LVDS (7)
	Encoder [@offset 45160]: INTERNAL_LVTM1 (0xf)
	i2cid [@offset 45236]: 0x14, OSX senseid: 0x5
Connector at index 1
	Type [@offset 45166]: 9 pin DIN (9)
	Encoder [@offset 45170]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC2 (0x16)
Connector at index 2
	Type [@offset 45176]: VGA (1)
	Encoder [@offset 45180]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)
	i2cid [@offset 45278]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1
Connector at index 3
	Type [@offset 45186]: DVI-I (2)
	Encoder [@offset 45190]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_TMDS1 (0x13)
	i2cid [@offset 45301]: 0x91, OSX senseid: 0x2

It's likely I can make a FB patch for you, but you will still need an injector or GFX string

to set some properties - your panel will be dual-link. I will try to up something later today

Thanks, just for the record, here is the output for your ROM:

ATOM BIOS Rom: 
	SubsystemVendorID: 0x1002 SubsystemID: 0x94c8
	IOBaseAddress: 0x0000
	Filename: BR26315.bin 
	BIOS Bootup Message: 
Wistron/Acer MXM M74M GDDR2 256MB 300e/400m								 

PCI ID: 1002:94c8
Connector at index 0
	Type [@offset 45156]: LVDS (7)
	Encoder [@offset 45160]: INTERNAL_LVTM1 (0xf)
	i2cid [@offset 45236]: 0x14, OSX senseid: 0x5
Connector at index 1
	Type [@offset 45166]: 9 pin DIN (9)
	Encoder [@offset 45170]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC2 (0x16)
Connector at index 2
	Type [@offset 45176]: VGA (1)
	Encoder [@offset 45180]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)
	i2cid [@offset 45278]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1
Connector at index 3
	Type [@offset 45186]: DVI-I (2)
	Encoder [@offset 45190]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_TMDS1 (0x13)
	i2cid [@offset 45301]: 0x91, OSX senseid: 0x2

It's likely I can make a FB patch for you, but you will still need an injector or GFX string

to set some properties - your panel will be dual-link. I will try to up something later today

Sounds good

Thanks again!

you mean kexts? and copying them is not going to work because of incompatibility? I installed 10.6 after i got stuck with iDeneb .. turns out im stuck with 10.6 aswell, so back to iDeneb. Unfortunately booting the DVD takes about a year or so on that old notebook :/

you mean kexts? and copying them is not going to work because of incompatibility? I installed 10.6 after i got stuck with iDeneb .. turns out im stuck with 10.6 aswell, so back to iDeneb. Unfortunately booting the DVD takes about a year or so on that old notebook :/

yep kexts... and i know what you mean.

when your booting up make sure to use the "-x" safe mode argument --> when you start up ideneb it says "press f8 for more options" or something like that, press f8, type "-x -v" (without the quotes), and press enter

if that doesnt work try something like "-x -v cpus=1" or "-x -v cpus=1 busratio=(you would have to google for this)"

you also might want to try setting your sata ports to ahci in the bios (especially if your laptop has an amd cpu)

Finally :)

I got iDeneb (10.5.7) running. There was sound when booting the first time after installation (The part where u see "welcome" in all sorts of languages) But, all I saw was "pixelmess" on the internal Display (1440x900) aswell as on the external monitor (attached via vga-out) Although pixels on the external monitor are not as mixed as on the internal display.

post-427657-1306734770_thumb.jpg

Ethernet is (seen when booting with -x -v) recognized, but does not workas well as audio in safemode (is that normal?)

Even my webcam worked when setting up my account - but in safemode: silence (this is normal, right?)

I can boot up in safemode (with -x cpus=1) and work with a logged in session, but when i try to start in "normal"-mode pixelparty comes back to live (image attached).

So, how do i go on?

(Im going to post everything i know about this beast of a graphic card in a second;))

Edit: Add 3 more images attache:

Overview: post-427657-1306735911_thumb.png

Graphic Card: post-427657-1306735939_thumb.png

PCI-Cards: post-427657-1306735946_thumb.png

I believe it's because 10.6/10.7 doesn't have ANY 2XXX series drivers.

10.6 has drivers, and the FB can be made to work for Resolution. Also the accelerator

works, but unfortunately OpenGL/OpenCL frameworks don't - and no solution so far.

So, how do i go on?

You can boot in normal mode and get VESA gfx after removing ATIRadeonX2000.kext and ATINDRV.kext

I am working on a patch for the framebuffer, and the only thing that is of interest for this is the output from bcc9's decoder.

Okay here is a patched FB for 10.5 and a corresponding ATY_Init you guys can test.

Patch1

Notes:

1. Disable GraphicsEnabler in chameleon.

2. If internal doesn't switch on, boot with external connected and see what happens.

3. If you get a display with weird colours, add the key "@0,display-link-component-bits" with data value 06000000 to ATY_Init.

Okay here is a patched FB for 10.5 and a corresponding ATY_Init you guys can test.

Patch1

Notes:

1. Disable GraphicsEnabler in chameleon.

2. If internal doesn't switch on, boot with external connected and see what happens.

3. If you get a display with weird colours, add the key "@0,display-link-component-bits" with data value 06000000 to ATY_Init.

is this support for QE/CI ?

or just native resolution?

Your config looks promising! Unfortunately all I get when having all original Ati* kexts installed plus yours two the only thing i see is firstly the same image i posted earlier, which lasts for about 2 seconds. After that i get a Blue (login-like) screen (lasting for 2 seconds again) an then a white image on both screens. System functions as expected: sound works . When i move the cursor to the upper edge of my screen i get a black line, post-427657-1306769750_thumb.jpg when i click (would open up a menu) i also get a blue bar. post-427657-1306769776_thumb.jpg

Seems to me like the very first horizontal pixel row is stretched over the entire screen.

adding the key "@0,display-link-component-bits" with data value 06000000 to ATY_Init does not change anything.post-427657-1306770357_thumb.jpg

I noticed the different device id of your card: yours: 0x94c9 - mine: 0x94c8

Thank you for sharing your wisdom!

Seems to me like the very first horizontal pixel row is stretched over the entire screen.

adding the key "@0,display-link-component-bits" with data value 06000000 to ATY_Init does not change anything.

I noticed the different device id of your card: yours: 0x94c9 - mine: 0x94c8

Thank you for sharing your wisdom!

only add @0,display-link-component-bits if the screen works but the colours are messed up.

0x94c8 is the id of 2400XT that is in real iMac7,1, so chances are it is more compatible, not less.

check the output of kextstat to make sure all the correct kexts are loaded.

kextstat tells me that there are no Ati* kext loader wenn calling kextstat in safemode. How kann i do this in non-safemode?

Btw: Im Updating to 10.5.8 right now, to match the version you have :(

kextstat tells me that there are no Ati* kext loader wenn calling kextstat in safemode. How kann i do this in non-safemode?

Btw: Im Updating to 10.5.8 right now, to match the version you have :D

Use OSXVnc or SSH to login from another computer. I'm not going to do tutorials on this thread, but remove all ATI kexts and get your computer set up with network and remote access etc, before trying to do this stuff.