Install Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 On XFX nForce 650i Ultra

Msaleh

36 posts in this topic

3. NVEnabler injector kext, Injector kext, which enables TV-OUT and injects 2nd display operation very well......

The NVEnabler.kext (32bit/64bit) is not just another injector kext because it does on-the-fly ROM patching to give a more stable output configuration.......but you still need to insert your graphics card(s) Device ID into the Info.plist files of the NVDAResman.kext and the NVDANV40hal.kext or NVDANV50hal.kext (to see which of these kexts you need to modify to suit your graphics card(s), look at the list of Snow Leopard supported nVidia cards in post 1.......the older NVDANV30Hal, NVDANV20Hal and NVDANV10Hal kexts are not present in Snow Leopard.....).

sorry for late ...

as i said i use now 9800GX2 drivers but i got only 512 mb from 1500 mb of card memory

so i'll try the up method for my 9600 GSO card but i need some help ...

1-graphics card(s) Device ID where in this pic of NVDAResman.kext for example

nvdaresman.jpg

2-list of Snow Leopard supported nVidia cards which code should i use for 9600GSO 1.5 GB

3-i read the part of Generating an EFI Graphics String for Snow Leopard but i can't find the VRAM totalsize and how i add it

all i need is to use all of my 9600 memory and make OS X see my right system info CPU RAM GPU

last i don't know what is CI/QE video

thanks verdant

you really helped me to understand everything

thanks again

sorry for late ...

as i said i use now 9800GX2 drivers but i got only 512 mb from 1500 mb of card memory

so i'll try the up method for my 9600 GSO card but i need some help ...

1-graphics card(s) Device ID where in this pic of NVDAResman.kext for example

2-list of Snow Leopard supported nVidia cards which code should i use for 9600GSO 1.5 GB

3-i read the part of Generating an EFI Graphics String for Snow Leopard but i can't find the VRAM totalsize and how i add it

all i need is to use all of my 9600 memory and make OS X see my right system info CPU RAM GPU

last i don't know what is CI/QE video

thanks verdant

you really helped me to understand everything

thanks again

In reverse order

CI means Core Image and QE means Quartz Extreme

3. To generate an EFI graphics string for Snow Leopard you need to run OSxTools or EFIStudio etc. in Leopard using the graphics card you are going to use with Snow Leopard as aqua-mac states

If you are not using an EFI graphics string, then edit (using e.g. PropertyListEditor) your NVInjector kext, e.g. NVEnabler.kext > Contents > info.plist to include a VRAM,totalsize entry

Click to view attachment

with a value depending on the GPU fixed memory (NOT shared memory):

"VRAM,totalsize" :

<00000008> - 128Mb

<00000010> - 256Mb

<00000014> - 320Mb

<00000020> - 512Mb

<00000028> - 640Mb

<00000030> - 768Mb

<00000040> - 1024Mb

go to IOKitPersonalities > entriesToAdd .......if VRAM,totalsize entry not present, then highlight entriesToAdd and click on New Child......and add VRAM,totalsize to Property List, select Data in Class and click on Value to enter required number.....

2. You can run DPCIManager 0.3 to find the Device ID......the Vendor ID is 10de i.e. nVidia

3. As for Device ID, you are looking for IOPCIPrimaryMatch

Your device ID if not listed should go in the list against IOPCIPrimaryMatch

Thanks much Verdant you are the man :)

gsoinfo.jpg

i got now all my fixed card memory 1.5 Gb :P

and this link for the 3 kexts NVEnabler 64,NVDAResman,NVDANV50Hal as drivers if i'm right

https://rapidshare.com/files/2045004123/nVI...r_Cry_Kexts.zip

this pic for my Devices ...

deviceid.jpg

i need to make my HD Sound Card ALC885 and Ethernet Card too

which kext should i edit to get that work

thanks

Thanks much Verdant you are the man :)

i got now all my fixed card memory 1.5 Gb :D

and this link for the 3 kexts NVEnabler 64,NVDAResman,NVDANV50Hal as drivers if i'm right

https://rapidshare.com/files/2045004123/nVI...r_Cry_Kexts.zip

this pic for my Devices ...

i need to make my HD Sound Card ALC885 and Ethernet Card too

which kext should i edit to get that work

thanks

Glad to help a fellow 650i nForce MOBO user...... ;)

I am sure that I explained in an earlier post and you said you had 100% success with Ethernet and Audio.......?

QUOTE (verdant @ May 29 2011, 07:55 AM) post_snapback.gifNetworking: Extract 0.64.5 nForceLAN.kext using Pacifist and install it in /S/L/E/ using Kext helper b7........

ok ...

it's work %100 for me :D

i extract using Pacifist and install it too with the same utility because Kext helper after put the kext file the install still not active

and OSX86Tools can't select the Kext file it show like hidden file

and for nVIDIA i use XDarwin Nvidia Installer V 1.1 OSX.mpkg it's work on 9800GX2 drivers now i use full high resolution 1920*1080 :D and 512 mb Video memory

for Audio it's work by default after install SL Retail DVD 10.6.3 ( ALC 885 Codecs )

For onboard Ethernet, use eno's nForceLAN kext......download 0.64.5 (Snow Leopard + Leopard/Tiger) nForceLAN_0.64.5.mpkg.zip but then extract 0.64.5 nForceLAN.kext for Snow Leopard using Pacifist and install it in /S/L/E/ using Kext helper b7........remove all installed versions of forcedeth.kext and nForceEthernetController.kext from your system

For HD Sound Card ALC885 best is DSDT patching for DTGP and HDEF, with OS X 10.6.2 AppleHDA in /S/L/E/ and Legacy ALC885 kext in /E/E/.....

Glad to help a fellow 650i nForce MOBO user...... :D

I am sure that I explained in an earlier post and you said you had 100% success with Ethernet and Audio.......?

For HD Sound Card ALC885 best is DSDT patching for DTGP and HDEF, with OS X 10.6.2 AppleHDA in /S/L/E/ and Legacy ALC885 kext in /E/E/.....

you are right i have no problem with Ethernet ... but my sound card not work as HD my Line IN not work good so i need to ...

make my own kext files with right Device ID as a Drivers for my Hardware so after installing SL and put all kext in S/L/E so i get everything work ( Viedo Card , Audio Card , Ethernet Card ,USB )

this will make life easy ;)

and i'll try your advice for HD Sound Card and see the results , i think will be perfect like all time :D

thanks Verdant

ok ...

i can't find DTGP and HDEF in my DSDT.aml

i try to edit it with DSDTSE but in ACPI search i select Sound HDEF i got nothing and i try to select many other things like Network and USB i got nothing

is the problem with my DSDT.aml file ?

can i add HDEF to my DSDT.aml ?

this is my DSDT.aml ... https://rapidshare.com/files/929788626/DSDT.aml

Thanks

ok ...

i can't find DTGP and HDEF in my DSDT.aml

i try to edit it with DSDTSE but in ACPI search i select Sound HDEF i got nothing and i try to select many other things like Network and USB i got nothing

is the problem with my DSDT.aml file ?

can i add HDEF to my DSDT.aml ?

this is my DSDT.aml ... https://rapidshare.com/files/929788626/DSDT.aml

Thanks

Here is your DSDT.aml patched for DTGP and HDEF (I also fixed all errors and warnings so no compilation errors)

DSDT_Msaleh.zip

Use with iLeopod's ALC885 LegacyHD.kext in /E/E/ and Apple v10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E/......hopefully your audio should work......

Here is your DSDT.aml patched for DTGP and HDEF (I also fixed all errors and warnings so no compilation errors)

Amazing DSDT i put in Extra and try to install OS X again and it's make my 9600 GSO work automatic i don't need to put the up 3 kexts that i made

Thanks much Verdant

about ALC885 i do as you said and got Apple v10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext from latest [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] with Pacifist , sound work but Line In still no sound

speakerns.png

another problem that i have 5.1 Speaker i try to make multichannel speaker with Audio setup and test every channel but i can't get all 6 channel work at same time

83893701.png

i know that iTunes and other applications don't support multichannel but i use VLC and got nothing

but we made Great Success here

Thanks Verdant

Amazing DSDT i put in Extra and try to install OS X again and it's make my 9600 GSO work automatic i don't need to put the up 3 kexts that i made

Thanks much Verdant

about ALC885 i do as you said and got Apple v10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext from latest [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] with Pacifist , sound work but Line In still no sound

another problem that i have 5.1 Speaker i try to make multichannel speaker with Audio setup and test every channel but i can't get all 6 channel work at same time

i know that iTunes and other applications don't support multichannel but i use VLC and got nothing

but we made Great Success here

Thanks Verdant

What does your System Profiler show for Audio (Built In)?

Look at guide here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d...5965eaa7bc68bc and http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87336

Sorry, I cannot be of more help but I do not have/use 5.1 surround sound......iLeopod can probably help you with any ALC885 legacy kext mods etc.....

binaudio.png

i try to edit my DSDT as first guide say and put 885 kext in E/E but after restart i got no sound

any way i'll make new topic for this to get help from iLeopod

many thanks for you Verdant

Glad to help............ ;)

Your audio output in System Profiler looks OK........to get quicker help from iLeopod, I would post your questions in his ALC855 audio thread.......