Apogee Duet Firewire problems

jacoweb

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I have discovered a problem with 7.10 (last update.)

Connected the Apogee Duet FireWire sound card to the internal firwire input on the motherboard.

Drivers and everything is installed correctly.

My problem is that if I increase the volume up or down, then hangs up the sound card and the sound goes off automatically.

This suggests a firewire problem in Lion or the Apogee duet sound drivers that need to be updated?

Tried to google this but found no solution to it.

btw ... Everything works superbly in Snow Leopard 10.6.7 ..

Hardware you will find in my signature.

Thanks.

Given the tight integration of the duets drivers into osx I think its likely that they need to update their drivers.

But why dont you ask them directly?

Hey guys!

I have discovered a problem with 7.10 (last update.)

Connected the Apogee Duet FireWire sound card to the internal firwire input on the motherboard.

Drivers and everything is installed correctly.

My problem is that if I increase the volume up or down, then hangs up the sound card and the sound goes off automatically.

This suggests a firewire problem in Lion or the Apogee duet sound drivers that need to be updated?

Tried to google this but found no solution to it.

btw ... Everything works superbly in Snow Leopard 10.6.7 ..

Hardware you will find in my signature.

Thanks.

Got a reply now..

----

Hi

We have not yet released a driver for 10.7 for Duet. I can forward your email to our QA and Software teams for their reference when developing the software update.

Thank you for the email

Best,

-Brian

Brian Zarlenga

APOGEE ELECTRONICS CORPORATION

Tel 310.584.9394

• 1 month later...
Got a reply now..

----

Hi

We have not yet released a driver for 10.7 for Duet. I can forward your email to our QA and Software teams for their reference when developing the software update.

Thank you for the email

Best,

-Brian

Brian Zarlenga

APOGEE ELECTRONICS CORPORATION

Tel 310.584.9394

Same issue here with the 10.7 GM release... Did you get any indication from them of when a Lion driver release is due? Also, any luck with a work-around for changing the volume? On mine, a volume change seems to sporadically work, but most of the time gets reset to what it was prior to attempting to change it, after the freeze/reset. Same thing happens with the standard Apple volume controls, Maestro, and the hardware knob. Right now it's stuck on too loud :blink: