Chameleon Wizard - Utility for Chameleon.

wizard speedsteep org.chameleon.Boot Chameleon SMBios Installer

• Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

razvizion

razvizion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Janek202, great job :(

//Janek, świetna robota!

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Works great for me ;) Thank you!!!

surfcaster

surfcaster

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
works perfect, thanks :rolleyes:

kalel83

kalel83

Kryptonian

• Donators
  • 191 posts
This is surprisingly awesome and unexpected, thank you good sir for creating this.

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Hello again janek202 and thanks for a great work.
Are we supposed to support the installation and use of modules in /Extra/modules path?
As I mentioned earlier, when I got the latest SVN and compiled chameleon, I saw Resolution.dlyb and don't know how to activate it or what to do to see it works :blink:

Chameleon 2 RC5 Unofficial Package Installer, Unofficial Package Installer based on latest RC5 trunk.

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
Hi MacKonsti,

Just download the latest chameleon pkg build that DarwinX has posted and then use this and select update to get the latest release.

All the best,

NSCXP2005

ifrit05

ifrit05

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
Hey, Nice app but I got a problem. I know EFI support is still sketchy, but I decided to try it out anyways. It mounted my EFI partition (GUID) and said "Installed Successfully", But it completely wipped out my EFI data (boot0, and Extra folder). So, heads up everyone, looks like it still needs more work for the EFI part.

Thanks for the sweet app though! I'm off to get my Kexts back.

janek202

janek202

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 309 posts

it completely wipped out my EFI data (boot0, and Extra folder). So, heads up everyone, looks like it still needs more work for the EFI part.

Are you sure you had it HFS+ formatted? Currently my application formats EFI Partition into HFS+ when it's not formatted or it's in FAT32...

I think I will make it this way: If mounting as HFS+ fails, app will stop working instead of formatting EFI partition.
There will be another menu item for EFI partition formatting.

ifrit05

ifrit05

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Are you sure you had it HFS+ formatted? Currently my application formats EFI Partition into HFS+ when it's not formatted or it's in FAT32...

Yeah, It was a HFS+, I formated it and installed Chameleon manually before (and just now, lol).
I think that's a pretty good idea though. It's a good failsafe.

janek202

janek202

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 309 posts

Yeah, It was a HFS+, I formated it and installed Chameleon manually before (and just now, lol).
I think that's a pretty good idea though. It's a good failsafe.

Done.
New beta version 1.5. No more automatic EFI formating. Some fixes.

Davirus

Davirus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Everything new and original
This should be sticked, so we can track progress and updates on this software.

The functionality is priceless. Tons of users dreamed with this once, including me.

ifrit05

ifrit05

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Done.
New beta version 1.5. No more automatic EFI formating. Some fixes.

Thanks, will test this on out right now. (Not before backing up of course, ;) )

EDIT:
Ok, soooo I formated my EFI partition (and backed up), using the terminal command "newfs_hfs -J -v EFI /dev/disk1s1", making it a HFS+ partition. Ran the program, and it says it's not formated correctly... What gives? here's a pic:
Attached File  Pic2.tiff   1.21MB   66 downloads

Also, when you try to update, the wording is wrong:
Attached File  Pic.tiff   30.92KB   47 downloads

Any insight to this?

janek202

janek202

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 309 posts

Thanks, will test this on out right now. (Not before backing up of course, ;) )

EDIT:
Ok, soooo I formated my EFI partition (and backed up), using the terminal command "newfs_hfs -J -v EFI /dev/disk1s1", making it a HFS+ partition. Ran the program, and it says it's not formated correctly... What gives? here's a pic:
Attached File  Pic2.tiff   1.21MB   66 downloads

Also, when you try to update, the wording is wrong:
Attached File  Pic.tiff   30.92KB   47 downloads

Any insight to this?

Seems to be some issue with mounting... Try make new partition without Journaling. I made a new menu option (File => Format EFI Partition) and it works ok on my pc...

I don't know what's causing the problem.
I use standard command:

mount_hfs /dev/diskXs1 /Volumes/EFI

And I'm searching for "Error" in StandardError.

Can you check and copy it's output? Maybe it's mounted correctly, but my app misunderstads that.

ifrit05

ifrit05

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
Ok, well when I use Format EFI Partition menu item, It says it formats it but it really doesn't... It keeps all my files there. And I still have the same issue weather its HFS or HFS+ (does not install chameleon due to format error). I'm thinking it has to do something with a permissions error. I created a new partition as HFS with NOTHING on it and in the console "Wizard" has trouble getting permissions. From the log:
5/23/11 7:03:21 PM	[0x0-0x24d24d].janek202.Chameleon-Wizard[6059]	newfs_hfs: cannot create filesystem on /dev/rdisk1s1: Permission denied

Are you trying to format it with rdiskXs1 inside your app? Because it might help to just use diskXs1.

EDIT:
When I actually try to install Chameleon this is the output:
5/23/11 7:09:25 PM	[0x0-0x24d24d].janek202.Chameleon-Wizard[6059]	GetMasterBlock: Error 13 opening /dev/rdisk1s1
5/23/11 7:09:25 PM	[0x0-0x24d24d].janek202.Chameleon-Wizard[6059]	mount_hfs: Permission denied

janek202

janek202

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 309 posts

5/23/11 7:03:21 PM	[0x0-0x24d24d].janek202.Chameleon-Wizard[6059]	newfs_hfs: cannot create filesystem on /dev/rdisk1s1: Permission denied

Are you trying to format it with rdiskXs1 inside your app? Because it might help to just use diskXs1.

No, I use /dev/diskXsY.
Just these commands return rdisk to console.

When I actually try to install Chameleon this is the output:

5/23/11 7:09:25 PM	[0x0-0x24d24d].janek202.Chameleon-Wizard[6059]	GetMasterBlock: Error 13 opening /dev/rdisk1s1
   5/23/11 7:09:25 PM	[0x0-0x24d24d].janek202.Chameleon-Wizard[6059]	mount_hfs: Permission denied

Well, I receive Error 13 when I try to mount unformatted EFI partition on my second HDD...

Everything works fine on my pc, but I'll think about it, maybe executing these commands as root will help.

Edit:
Try this test build. http://dl.dropbox.co...w_sudonewfs.zip
I could't test it because I have no problems with EFI partitions. It will format EFI partition as root.

ifrit05

ifrit05

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
Still outputting the same errors... It must be my system. I just wanted the newest version of chameleon. I've tried to search for at least the source code but their web svn system is confusing. Can you send me a zip of the newest version?

slipttees

slipttees

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
put MainMenu.nib source for translation on Portuguese brazilian.

Nice work !!

janek202

janek202

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 309 posts

Can you send me a zip of the newest version?

Current versions of Chameleon's trunk are always here: http://dl.dropbox.co...taller/i386.zip

Edit:
New version 1.6. Some fixes, EFI partition support disabled by default.
I have no idea why sometimes it doesn't work. I had no problems on my disks. I use standard commands like !Xabbu posted and I found in tutorials. I gave up trying.

put MainMenu.nib source for translation on Portuguese brazilian.

http://dl.dropbox.co...er/en.lproj.zip

jmacie

jmacie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
janek202,

Thank you, I appreciate your work! This prg saves many of us from the disdain incurred when asking questions. Many more thanks!, johnm

polkaholga

polkaholga

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 148 posts

I have no idea why sometimes it doesn't work. I had no problems on my disks. I use standard commands like !Xabbu posted and I found in tutorials. I gave up trying.

I'll be at home tmw and will try it out on my machine... ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wizard, speedsteep, org.chameleon.Boot, Chameleon, SMBios, Installer

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy