Chameleon Wizard - Utility for Chameleon.

wizard speedsteep org.chameleon.Boot Chameleon SMBios Installer

• Please log in to reply
688 replies to this topic

hammer87

hammer87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Yes... very nice, i'll test when i'm back home.

A cool feature would be if one could install to EFI too, i.e. i prefer to have everything there and leave
the OS untouched... 

janek202

janek202

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 313 posts
It's already there. Look in the preferences menu.

janek202

janek202

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 313 posts

Hi, I just wanted to let you know, that work on this app will be even slower now.

I switched to Clover on all my PCs and I don't use Chameleon any more.

I may add new switches for new options in the future, if you need that.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,217 posts

A cool feature would be if one could install to EFI too, i.e. i prefer to have everything there and leave
the OS untouched... 

the OS untouched...

Spooky people

BogMan

BogMan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello,

Is there a guide to "how to use "Chameleon"? If there is can someone point me to it?

I have a mac Mini modified to run OSX 10.9, now I'd like to try to install Windows 7 x64. I am trying to run Kodi ( kodi.tv ). My mini also have the Broadcom crystal HD card, and I'm just wanting to see if the windows x64 drivers will work.

Beside looking for the guide on how to install Chameleon on a real mac, does anyone know if this will work?

Thank you in advance.- cheers

MacKonsti

MacKonsti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Beside looking for the guide on how to install Chameleon on a real mac, does anyone know if this will work?

Hi BogMan, do not use Chameleon on real Macs. It's not working and not designed for real Macs, only for PCs to run Mac OS X. It may screw up your system/booting completely. Stay away from Chameleon on your real MacMini.

Try googling on methods how to install Windows etc. on real Mac via some boot CD or USB perhaps. This thread is not for such use.

BogMan

BogMan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

thanks. & cheers

djfuq

djfuq

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:techno minimal house electro

Hey bro! your dropbox account this uses to grab updates is kaput... someone please help this guy with some file hosting!! (I wish i could but im "homeless" and broke)

MacKonsti

MacKonsti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Hello janek202, hope you are well. It seems Chameleon keeps going and Yosemite is supported, so we would really like you to keep supporting this excellent tool. On my Z87N-WIFI board, I have tried Clover but it kept messing with my CMOS settigns etc. so I reverted to Chameleon, safely and securely... And I am sure I am not the only one using Chameleon on Yosemite, mate!

There seems to be a new feature "ShowInfo" that I am kindly requesting you to add to the first left column of the plist options (Boot flags):

<key>ShowInfo</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Thank you dude, appreciate your support. Let me help you expand on the (?) too if you want.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wizard, speedsteep, org.chameleon.Boot, Chameleon, SMBios, Installer

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy