Chameleon Wizard - Utility for Chameleon.

janek202

681 posts in this topic

Hello Janek, I hope you are well.

Will you have some free time to tweak Chameleon Wizard and add the kernel flag -xcpm please? It's needed from 10.8.5 kernel onwards, related to SSDT and Power Management / SpeedStepping...

We need it for Ivy Bridge boards, as per this local thread (and works with my Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI):

The -xcpm flag resolves the boot (verbose) issue, if supported (says "Registered XCPM" in console):

PM kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::setRingTable - AICPM failed to load ring table with status 0x0: Get=0, Load=0, Install=0
PM kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::configResourceHandler - Failed to set ring table!
Send me a PM to also help you with some other very minor fixes. Many thanks in advance for your time!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New version 4.3.3 was released.

Added kernel flags: -xcpm, nvda_drv=1 and kext-dev-mode=1 (for 10.10, although Chameleon is unable to boot this OS at the moment).

I don't expect any new versions in the near future.

• Like 3

Dear Janek202 many thanks for getting the time to update this excellent tool. Please know you have the gratitude of many of us, and ignore people that are complaining or being negative about the lack of updates! Thank you very much from me, personally. I will test it and report any bugs, if any (doubt !)

Hi!

I'm trying to struggle "boot0: done" error while booting Maverics. I learnt that in most cases boot0md installation in Chamelion Wizards works. I downloaded Chamelion Wizard 4.3.2 and 4.3.3 but in both all types of installation work but if I chose boot0md installation the program crashes. The last thing I see before it crashes is "Detecting partition and mount points". How can it be fixed?

My personal dropbox account, which I use to store chameleon and my apps has reached sharing limit.

I don't know for how long it won't work, but I can't do much about that.

During that time CW will not be able to download Chameleon and update SMBioses.

Apparently sharing limit is 20GB per day, and my whole Public directory is only 67MB, so I don't know how is that possible.

post-486066-0-69046000-1402834524_thumb.png

I am sorry to hear that, Janek, perhaps you have friends that you can suggest and get extra space? Besides, this shows you're still famous in the community… if I find any other solution, I will contact you in private.

The Business solution has 200GB/day sharing limit. But I don't want to pay for a lot of space I don't need.

The only possible solution, I can think of, is to switch to other hosting solution.

But I hope that this ban won't take too long.

The Business solution has 200GB/day sharing limit. But I don't want to pay for a lot of space I don't need.

The only possible solution, I can think about is to switch to other hosting solution.

But I hope that this ban won't take too long.

You can also create a record in the download section...

But this will only solve half of the problem. I can store applications there, but not new chameleon revisions, smbioses, themes etc.

Also auto-update likely won't work.

I'm looking for free storage solution, but I don't think I'll find something good.

Without server support, this app is a bit useless.

I need to move those files anyway. I have a lot of files on my account, and I don't want to have it suspended or banned.

And this is second time this is happening. Before this I was storing my apps on the CloudApp. I got an e-mail I was using too much traffic too.

I need to move those files anyway. I have a lot of files on my account, and I don't want to have it suspended or banned.

And this is second time this is happening. Before this I was storing my apps on the CloudApp. I got an e-mail I was using too much traffic too.

Hi,

If you need hosting OSXLatitude is willing to host eg. cwiz.osxlatitude.com that you can host whatever files on that you need.

Catch me on skype: Lbollerup for a chat if you need help.

//Leon

• Like 2