Chameleon Wizard - Utility for Chameleon.

janek202

681 posts in this topic

things are moving with serial and Board ID for new SMBIOS 

http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/

http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2013/09/30/imac14n-late-2013-released/

it is maybe time to update chameleon wizard that could be a real nice add 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
   <key>SMfamily</key>
   <string>iMac</string>
   <key>SMproductname</key>
   <string>iMac14,2</string>
   <key>SMboardproduct</key>
   <string>Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61</string>
   <key>SMserial</key>
   <string>739МА242F8JC</string>
   <key>SMbiosversion</key>
   <string>IM142.88Z.0118.B00.1309031249</string>
</dict>
</plist>

i have few questions :

i used a usb that come from 

it has chameleon and i use it to boot , can you wizzard read the setting of chameleon and apply the same on the hard drive ?

do i have to copy Chameleon-2.2svn-r2266.pkg somewhere in particular or install it ?

i have a msi mainboard MSI P6NGM-L with an ati 3870 : chipset is NVIDIA® MCP73V 

when i use chameleon with -x then display is good and my network card is configured but i can not reach the web .

if i boot without -x then i have a bad display looking like movie 16*9 on my old 17 display , screen stays white .

can i do something with your tool ?

Edit: Please don´t post links of software pirate here, read rules, please!!!!!!

Edited by iFIRE
Removed Link PirateBay

I was quite busy in last months.

Can anyone tell me which kernel flags, and other features of the latest Chameleon revisions are missing?

BTW. This app is now verified by softpedia  :)

http://mac.softpedia.com/progClean/Chameleon-Wizard-Clean-139281.html

Congratulations. Your app deserves so much more credits. Its one of the most useful hackintosh utilities around :)

Have a look here to see the new settings added to Chameleon:

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk/doc/BootHelp.txt

• 2 months later...

While UEFI based PCs requiring Clover not Chameleon have eclipsed BIOS based PCs, especially from 2010 onwards, it does not make the 1000s of BIOS based Hackintosh PCs obsolete in terms of being usefully productive computers booting OS X via Chameleon, especially as many are now running OS X 10.9.x quite happily.......so, I fully agree with Dr. Hurt and echo the requests for janek202 to continue developing and supporting Chameleon Wizard....... :)

• Like 1

one of the options in Chameleon Wizard is to specify a "custom" DSDT.aml file. Does it mean that if I don't specify it or the option is not in org.chameleon.Boot.plist, my system is running on original/virgin/unedited DSDT?

thanks very much

First of all, don't crosspost. Your topic and other identical post have been obliterated.

Chameleon loads /Extra/DSDT.aml by default.

In other words if your DSDT.aml is named DSDT.aml and is located in /Extra, there is no need to specify the path or do anything else. With Chamelon Wizard, people do it anyway because they can.

If there is no DSDT.aml in /Extra, the unpatched DSDT ACPI table from your BIOS is used, just like it is on other operating systems.

The DSDT= flag can be useful if you want to test a different DSDT without deleting DSDT.aml. Say, if you have yourmom.aml in /Extra you'd boot with DSDT=yourmom.aml and Chameleon would load that instead of DSDT.aml.

It's the same story with smbios.plist.

• Like 1

I finally had some time to update this app.

Added: Missing Chameleon options for new features.

I think it will be one of the last versions. I don't know what else I could add to this app, and Chameleon's development has stopped.

From now on I think I will do mainly bugfixes.

• Like 3

@janek:

Thanks for the update.

I would like to bring your attention to the fact that smbios injection has changed greatly as of chameleon 2284.

Have a look here to see what (and how) new keys are injected.

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/2284//trunk/i386/libsaio/smbios.c

Here's an example of how a full smbios.plist looks

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string> 
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>02/29/08</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>W88-----XYL</string>
<key>SMskunumber</key>
<string>System SKU#</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacPro</string>
<key>SMboardmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMboardversion</key>
<string>Proto1</string>
<key>SMboardserial</key>
<string>C02140302D5DMT31M</string>
<key>SMboardassettag</key>
<string>Base Board Asset Tag#</string>
<key>SMboardlocation</key>
<string>Part Component</string>
<key>SMboardtype</key>
<string>11</string>
<key>SMchassismanufacturer</key>
<key>SMchassistype</key>
<string>7</string>
<key>SMchassisversion</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMchassisserial</key>
<string>W88-----XYL</string>
<key>SMchassisassettag</key>
<string>Pro-Enclosure</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Could you also not associate all plists to Chameleon Wizard? Wold it be possible to limit it to only boot and smbios plists?

Could you also not associate all plists to Chameleon Wizard? Wold it be possible to limit it to only boot and smbios plists?

No. I had to disable all the associations. Should be ok now. This breaks drag and drop of files into application in the dock. But I think It's less annoying.

Sorry, but I don't have time to rewrite whole SMBios edition now. Maybe in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi cdoublejj, in my experience, it works for Chimera as Chimera is a branch of the main chameleon trunk, with some special (and perhaps unique) modifications or optimizations, that later could make it to main chameleon trunk. Although I am not using Chimera, please study what build you have and perhaps what parameters in org.chameleon.Boot.plist may be needed for your system, even if they do not appear on Chameleon Wizard (otherwise it would be called something like "Boot Wizard" I guess ;) )

• 4 weeks later...

I made new smbioses for CW: MacPro6,1, iMac14,1, iMac14,2, MacBookAir6,2. Janek should add this tomorrow I think. I will make one for MBP11,x later.

Based on the Darwin Dumps posted online after the MacPro6,1 retail release, the serial number look incorrect. The 2 numbers from retail darwin dumps that I could find have this beginning: F5KLT and this ending: F9VM in common.

Thanks

I finally had some time to update this app.

Added: Missing Chameleon options for new features.

I think it will be one of the last versions. I don't know what else I could add to this app, and Chameleon's development has stopped.

From now on I think I will do mainly bugfixes.

What do you think about adding SMBIOS viewer/editor tab? Look here

• Like 1

Based on the Darwin Dumps posted online after the MacPro6,1 retail release, the serial number look incorrect. The 2 numbers from retail darwin dumps that I could find have this beginning: F5KLT and this ending: F9VM in common.

Thanks

F693 – Mac Pro (late 2013)
F694 – Mac Pro (late 2013)
F9VM – Mac Pro (late 2013)

Other one is FSKLT.

• 2 weeks later...