ATI Graphics Issues...I Think

1 post in this topic

I have just completed installing Snow Leopard on my laptop, and i have been struggling to get to the next step of it actually booting for two days now. I have reinstalled it numerous times, and I think that I now the closest that I have been to it finally working...

At this point in time if I click boot normally it doesn't give me a screen saying "please hold down power button to restart". However the screen scrambles after a few seconds of loading...I think it's an issue with the graphics drivers so I was wondering if someone could please help me get this working...

The graphic card that I have installed on my laptop is:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

The laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6-1253cl

I should also note that when i try to boot into safe mode using -x it says i need to plug in a keyboard..so it doesn't recognize my laptop keyboard in safemode.

Earlier I got it to boot into safemode, but the wifi didnt work..the ethernet didnt work, and the usb ports didn't work. So have since did a reinstall to get to where i am now

Please help :wacko:

EDIT1:I have just found kext files that support my graphics card but I have not clue how to use them since I can't boot to the desktop

EDIT2: I just found this topic but i am still not sure how to fix this...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107526

EDIT3: So they keyboard is still not being recognized...and i think i have the files to fix that, i just dont know how to do it...i found a pkg file for the keyboard but i dont know how to install it if i cant get to the desktop. I also found kext files for my graphics card but i cant figure out how to install those without getting to the destktop as well..

can someone please tell me the commands for doing this?