after 10.6.5 the ui is on the blink

3 posts in this topic

After battling with the why is 10.6.5 not installing? i instaled the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] kext for internal hard drive recognition in the hope that the os would recognise my disk volume.... it did and installed, fine.

But i knew somthing was up as it was taking a while to boot into normal mode, so i tried safe mode and was confronted with a blue version of the splash screen minus the apple logo spinning for around 6 secounds then the screen refreshed (like blinking over and over) and did this again and again. finally i tried to boot into -V that worked however the dock stayed normal but it was clear that the top bar with options and all that was blinking like a screen refresh. i was able to launch finder only to see it close again.

i tried to launch a lot of stuff that closed almoust imediately after. if i cant keep the ui from blinking i cant fix it.

interestingly preview stoped the blinking but i still couldnt launch anything.

finally i tried to restart but all that seemed to do was some sort of live restart as it didnt really restart the whole computer just the os and was back up in secounds. same with shutdown.

does osx have some sort of live restart feature?

is it rebooting over and over live?

i need to get fake smc installed via [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] as this usually fixes boot issues

or atleast get it stabelised

are there any other boot modes that will alow me to have imput live cd maybe?

HELP

does osx have some sort of live restart feature?

is it rebooting over and over live?

no and no

i need to get fake smc installed via [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] as this usually fixes boot issues
you won't be booted at all unless you have FakeSMC.kext installed

are there any other boot modes that will alow me to have imput live cd maybe?
try booting in safe mode (-x). This disables a lot of drivers. If this works then you need to go sort out where your conflicts are in the kexts you installed.

you miss understand i know i wouldnt be booting without fakesmc, i just mean that reinstalling it helps sometimes

i will try -x but isnt that the same as holding shift

time to panic, a new error just came up that i must say i have never seen before this was just after post

memory allacatoin dump

this is a non recoverable error

but no error is unfixable so far in my pc life i have not found anthing i couldnt fix. anyway that was a little scary that bios was telling me the system was bricked. anyway i rebooted and all was well i used -x but it just spins and spins again like i said i have tried safe mode, its -v that works... sort off. but keep up the sugestions it helps

thanks

EDIT:

just going to start again. i think it just didnt like my hdd

i have added fake smc to boot and the hdd kext then i will update fully then do the rest of the kexts