Intel X3100

pygg

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I know the cardinal rule is to include problematic files but unfortunately I have no way of transferring the DSDTs from my laptop to the internet until I find my USB stick.

Anyway, I have a Lenovo X61T with and Intel X3100. I followed the tutorial here: http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=86621

Using DSDT.aml, I am able to boot successfully into safe mode with the X3100 driver working. However, NTFS and FAT kexts fail, and PS2 mouse controller doesn't load (though the keyboard works).

Using DSDTstable.aml, I am able to boot successfully regularly, but at a low resolution with no video drivers loaded. PS2 mouse works, as well as NTFS and FAT. However, one of the USB slots only supplies power and isn't recognized or mounted. These problems persist in safe mode.

edit:Additionally, NTFS, FAT and PS2 mouse fail in safe mode with the stable DSDT. So I guess the only thing I need is to get X3100 working with the stable DSDT somehow.

edit2: DSDT.aml contains no reference to device (vid) while DSDTstable.aml does. However, DSDT.aml does contain references to device (GFX0) and GFX1.

I've updated the OS to 10.6.6, but these problems were present even before the update.

Any pointers on how I should go about combining the best parts of both DSDTs, let me know! I'll post the DSDTs I'm working with later today.