CPU double panic at boot - Unsure why - Lion DP2 EX58-UD5

ikahuna

5 posts in this topic

Hello all...

I installed Lion onto a second drive for my EX58-UD5 Core u7-920 OC'ed to 3.8GHz and Snow runs great at 10.6.7 but I am getting a kernel panic with Lion and can't figure out why.

I have tried the bootflags like -v and -usecache, made sure that PlatformSupport.plist was deleted and have tried 32 and 64 bit mode and nothing seems to work. I also have all the kexts in S/L/E and am unsure whether or not it might be ATY_Init of the ALC8x kexts I am tying but I don't think it's those things. Binary is not my strong suit though. :)

My graphics card is at PCI 1 and my boot is PC-EFI for Lion from te Hackinstaller. BIOS is set to proper conditions for Snow, and that's about all I believe I can tell you that will help with the exception of course of showing you the screen shot of the KP.

If anyone has any ideas, I am all ears (or eyes as the case may be) and I thank you in advance.

iKahuna

post-259963-1305701078_thumb.jpg

Thanks MalD0n,

That got me a heck of a lot further, but not quite there. I have an Apple wired keyboard hooked up, and a GTX 470 at PCI1 (No other way I can do it) and now I get to the Lion login screen but it then asks me to identify the keyboard and the z and / key thing won't register at all where in Snow it would give me an error but let me proceed.

SO... I bypass it and go to the login screen where I use the keyboard fine and login, the screen refreshes black then to a blue screen and back to the login screen.

Definitely a weird one, as I have not read anything similar to that here.

Just to give a little more info, I installed Lion on a 1TB internal SATA drive hooked to my MB Pro using a USB dock, booted to it, Time Machine restored my MB Pro drive to it, and then did what I needed to to do o get it ready to put into the Hackintosh. Works great for Snow installs, but I guess I am missing some little thing.

Also I have GraphicsEnabler=yes in com.apple.boot.plist and am booting into 64 bit mode (need it) and that's all I think. :)

Thanks for the help and the great guide over on the other page. Ya know, I wish there was an easier way to find good info on InsanelyMac, the forums more and more are hit and miss to find things, and I am a very proficient surfer. Didn't see that post at all before you pinted me to it.

Thanks again for the hand holding. :D

iKahuna

MaLd0n,

Still have that login loop and I can't seem to figure out why. I don't want to smoke the install because it's got a full time amchine restore on it and I know it worked hooked u to my MB Pro so I know it's prolly just... soemthing. Problem is not sure where to start. It's not mission critical I just want to mess around with it. Snow is still my production OS.

Also do you know if they are time bombing the Lion DP's?

iKahuna

MaLd0n,

Still have that login loop and I can't seem to figure out why. I don't want to smoke the install because it's got a full time amchine restore on it and I know it worked hooked u to my MB Pro so I know it's prolly just... soemthing. Problem is not sure where to start. It's not mission critical I just want to mess around with it. Snow is still my production OS.

Also do you know if they are time bombing the Lion DP's?

iKahuna

Hey ikahuna

Try with GraphicsEnabler=No -x