Anyone up to develop a working kext for DW1520?

alabastida

10 posts in this topic

Hello, if anyone is up to develop a working kext for the DW1520, im willing to pay the cost of a working WiFi card for my Alienware M11X or even a bit more as a support for the time and knowledge used to develop it... and im sure there would be others wiling to do the same, so...

Who's up to the challenge? Also i can provide any info related to that wifi card that's needed to get it working and i can use my Alienware as a testing machine for it.

My best regards to all of u!! :blink:

Adrian

(PS this is a legitimate request from a Hackintosh user who doesnt want to get rid of the original parts of his computer)

just swap it for a 1510 and all is good. Else buy a 10 euro ralink usb stick.

Those wifi chips are nothing crucial these days. replacement is often very easy like a pci card in a tower pc - right under the keyboard, yours will be a half-sized pci express as far as google told me after a quick search for you.

I was in the same boat .. my toshiba is equipped with the damn intel 5100 agn. No hope for osx, so up to the shop and bought a Sitecom external from what I googled before that it uses ralink chip. Downlaoded drivers for Snow and et voila. . Works good, no problems.

Cosmetically better would be a internal replacemnt, but I am on a tight budget these days.

• 2 weeks later...

but is there a .exe opener for mac becasue there is a ntfs file system opener (i knows there is a diffference i just dident know if mac had anti windows safe gards )

couldent you use a program simular to wine (for linex) to open the driver file i have the same wirless card in a alienware m11x i am sucessfully hackentoshed with EVERYTHING working BUT the wifi and graphics card switching (m11x spicific feature)

but i cant fine the kext for the the dw1520 and also i cant find a *WORKING* KEXT for sleep for the M11x

not what i ment i ment i have been digging around a little bit and people reverse enganeered a windows driver for linex and also in a simular broodcom there was this tape mod but no one really *that i can find at this point* has a working kext for dw1520 and i just really dont understand why i mean the system lists it under my kext in the sysstem details and stuff the only problem/dissconect i can find is form the driver to air port so what im asking is there a moded kext or a moded airport that works also has anybody found a working sleep

also as after thought i was looking in a way could you use a program like vm ware and than bridge the connection ( i dont meen windows vm ware) there is a mac vmware called ... "vmware fusion" if i remember correctly

• 2 weeks later...

its bcm943224 chipset . in io80211family kext it has it in plugins.

<key>Broadcom 802.11 PCI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43224</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>AirPort_Brcm43224</string>
		<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
		<string>IODefaultMatchCategory</string>
		<key>IONameMatch</key>
		<array>
			<string>pci14e4,4353</string>
			<string>pci106b,4e</string>
			<string>pci14e4,4311</string>
			<string>pci14e4,4312</string>
			<string>pci14e4,4313</string>
			<string>pci14e4,4318</string>
			<string>pci14e4,4319</string>
			<string>pci14e4,431a</string>
			<string>pci14e4,4320</string>
			<string>pci14e4,4324</string>
			<string>pci14e4,4325</string>
			<string>pci14e4,4328</string>
			<string>pci14e4,432b</string>
			<string>pci14e4,432c</string>
			<string>pci14e4,432d</string>
		</array>
		<key>IOProbeScore</key>
		<integer>427</integer>
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
		<key>TruePowerOff</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>

i think its a subvendor issue. the id for dell instead of apple.

best bet is get AR5B91. or the dw1510 bcm94321

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

strangely enough the dw1520 pci vend Id is listed in the vanilla IO80211family.kext in 10.7.2 /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4331.kext/Contents

here is the code listed :

<key>Broadcom 802.11 PCI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4331</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>AirPort_Brcm4331</string>
		<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
		<string>IODefaultMatchCategory</string>
		<key>IONameMatch</key>
		<array>
			<string>pci14e4,4331</string>
			<string>pci14e4,4353</string>
			<string>pci14e4,432b</string>
		</array>
		<key>IOProbeScore</key>
		<integer>512</integer>
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
		<key>TruePowerOff</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>

So I dunno why it doesn't work but several peeps have said it's a lost cause but it shouldn't be since the same chip is used in other apple wifi cards so I dunno what the problem is

need more info but I have one so I'll get back to you guys

terramir