Disc NOT Booting!

Frozenpickle

5 posts in this topic

I have obtained a version of leopard. It says that it works in the NFO file. I went out and burned the image on to a DVD9, click Install Mac OS X.... It started up, and then the screen went gray and it showed an image of a little folder with a question mark then flashing to the finder logo. This also happens when I try to boot from the disc by holding C. I tried the start up disk preferences in System Preferences and it said I can boot from that install disc. It said it had a bootable system.. At at least I think because it let me start up and attempted to boot from it. Still, same results. NADA...... This is the second version of it I have tried and I am wondering whether it is my hardware that isn't compatible.

I am running an iMac G5 17 inch 2GHZ. It is the one right before the iSight and Front Row iMac came out.

Any one got any advice for me? Is it just that I stumbled upon two bad versions of the dmg? Am I burning the image wrong? I burned it in toast titanium. Ya know just drag the image onto the icon and click BURN.

Some help would be awesome. Thanks

Got it. Went into the disc and found OSinstall.pkg in System folder. I can install it onto my firewire drive. It is installing as I type!!!!!! :-)

Just burned using disk utility. I came back to the computer and it said something like "Can't verify disc. Burning failed"

So I only have one DL disk left and I don't want to waste it if this is gona happen again.

Burn again. I also screwed a DL yesterday. After that happend i just try'd to burn it again in the same way and that one burned well.

You should not burn the DMG with Toast. Toast doesn't burn a bootable DVD...