Help Installing SL on a Commodore Notebook [edited]

boiler003

2 posts in this topic

I've tried to install SL on a Commodore Notebook but I couldn't, it doesn't recognize the HD.

So, I've tried to install SL by taking it off the notebook and puting it at my desktop computer and it worked fine. But when I put back the HD on the notebook I get the message "still waiting for root device"...

I've read other posts on this forum about it and they recomend to type "rd=disk0" to force the EFI to read that location and if it doesn't, try to change the number until I get the right one. Well, that not worked for me. Also I disconnected the DVD recorder and leave the HD alone but still the same.

Someone can help me?

----

EDIT 22/05/11

Commodore is a common (economic) brand here in Argentina, maybe not known in the rest of the world so don't give much thought about it...

Here is my system configuration:

CPU - Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T5800, 2000 MHz

Motherboard - Semp Toshiba K201

Memory - 2 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM

BIOS - Phoenix (02/17/09) version 1.0A-V 06-000F

Video card - VIA Chrome9 HC IGP Family WDDM (256 MB)

Sound card - Realtek ALC268 @ VIA VT8237A High Definition Audio Controller

HD - SAMSUNG HM320JI ATA Device (320 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA)

DVD - HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T40N ATA Device

Network - VIA Rhine II Compatible Fast Ethernet Adapter

Wireless - Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps

Hey, Commodore? ( ARG?), maybe you can add some info of your system, (processor, chipset, audio, mem, bios.. and so on) So we can help...

Ps: If you're from ARG I might be able to help you more because of language) Just PM me, I'll see if I can help a bit (a little, since I'm a bit newbie)

Edit 1.: PM any time,