OSX cannot start from partition "system" -> now hdd won't show up at all in bootloader

1 post in this topic

Hi guys!

I'm trying out hackintosh, and everytime my Snow Leopard install finishes I get the "Cannot start up from partition 'System'". Now that this has happened 4 times, my systemhdd won't show up in the Chameleon that comes with BootCD. So now, everytime after I choose to run the Snow Leopard-install from the USB-drive, it results in kernel panic since it can't find any hdd.

I'm running both the BootCD and Snow Leopard install from USB-drives, the hdd is partitioned with GUID as filesystem and Mac OSX Extended (Journalled) since the previous tries.

I've also unplugged all unnecessary things such as extra displays, the only things connected are:

*LCD

*USB Keyboard

*USB Mouse

*500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ (System)

The system HDD shows up in BIOS no matter which SATA-controller I use, as does my 2TB storage hdd. But, if I have my 2TB storage hdd plugged in while running the bootloader, it shows up in the bootloader, but my system hdd does'nt.

What I've tried is:

*Switch from the Marvell- to the Intel-controller for SATA-drives

*Reset bios to default and only change the SATA-mode to AHCI, since the OSX-install wouldn't recognize any harddrive with the default mode which is IDE.

*Turn off Hyperthreading and set the number of active cores to 1/2.

My setup:

*Intel Core i7 930

*Asus P6X58D-E

*3x2GB Corsair Dominator GT

*Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD4670 1GB

*500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3

Now all I get is kernel panic after choosing to run the Snow Leopard-install from my USB-drive.

If anyone has suggestions on how to fix this, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Chamezz