• Please log in to reply
1465 replies to this topic

iRanbirHD

iRanbirHD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Boot with 32-bit mode. If you want keyboard to work in 64-bit mode, then you need to replace current VoodooPS2 kext with 64-bit one.

How do I boot 32 bit on Laptop? (Not to be dumb).

Also, this VoodooPS2 Kext - http://www.tonymacx8...php?f=7&t=16660 that is 64 bit right? or can you provide me the download link?

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
At Chameleon boot menu, enter arch=i386

I use this kexts: http://www.osx86.net...&id=1448&page=2
This support 32-bit & 64-bit.

iRanbirHD

iRanbirHD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Okay, in order to install Kexts, I go to Mac OS x Installation Screen, click Ulitity, then Click Kext Installtion?

iRanbirHD

iRanbirHD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

I have Asus K35E, i5 processors, and it is a Laptop. Now my 500GB is now 500GB of Mac
http://www.asus.com/...#specifications

Feb 14, 2012
Okay, I did differently this time. I install using iAtkos L1. It works like a charm. So I reboot it and got into Lion Desktop. I install important Kexts. After that, I can't get Wireless Internet working even I boot it for first time, Internet still not work. Any help guy? Thanks.

Shoutout - Thanks to people who helped me. Thank you.

mattocomeilgatto

mattocomeilgatto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Hi guys!

I've a dv6-1040el Hp notebook, 
P7450 penryn CPU on  PM45 chipset, 
9200m gs 512mb ram gpu, 
ICH9
IDT Audio
I was running 10.6.7 (started from iatkos s3v2) with lapic.c issue fixed (CPUs=1 always needed to boot before the fix).
Some problems with USB but nothing serious...
Now I'm trying to install lion with this guide without success, I created the bootable USB but can't boot from it,  I tried to initialize it in guid and in mbr, same problem, next I tried to install the latest chameleon to my sl partition and boot the USB from it, now it start but I'm stuck on a white screen and the "charging mouse pointer"
tried:
-v, 
-v cpus=1, 
-v -x, 
-v -x cpus=1, 
-v PCIRootUID=1 -x CPUs=1 )

Without CPUs=1 i have kp when it tries to use the other core, so I can't see the white screen without this flag, it's obvious..

Any suggestion? 

Josh Y

Josh Y

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I followed this guide:

http://www.insanelym...3

I couldn't figure out what to do with the DSDT Auto Patch thing. I noticed that in the get info section is says my serial number is "null." What should i do to fix this. I am also getting the "apple cannot verify the device" message when trying to dload from the app store. Installs of applications are failing sometimes as well. Any ideas?

I also updated to 10.7.3 via the software update. Right now the audio works from the two green outputs, usb's work, dual monitors and video card works, the network works, but i can't use the app store or return the computer from sleep mode.

Acro_Design

Acro_Design

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
I feel quite guilty posting this here as i know its probably nothing to do with the excellent guide op :) but im not even sure i will be able to describe the problem to anyone esle out of context so i will just try my luck. i might ring apple technical support ;)

see the blue dot that is what i think is causing the hang, as this hang happens in 10.6.8 kernel and apparently 10.7.x kernal (whatever the details are about that are)

Attached File  DSCN0433.JPG   2.4MB   60 downloads

i hope sombody will be able to help me off this topic and in the right direction.

bibendum

bibendum

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
Not to point you at another board, but googling "Transcript offline buffer..." reveals this:

http://tonymacx86.co...hp?f=15&t=28851

best,

Patrick

zegarmistrz

zegarmistrz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi everyone,
one question to op and ppl "who knows better". Is there a solution for someone who dont have mac and external dvd (other than buy mac/usb-dvd) to create that bootable pendrive? at linux or windows? anyone tryed?

Acro_Design

Acro_Design

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
there isnt a osx DVD per-say its usb or app store download (as long as your cpu is recognised) some countries cannot buy a usb installer from apple store.

@bibendum, i am a little bias to insanley mac :) but i was aware of that topic

eds

eds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hello All,

Trying to do an install with Lion 10.7.3 and Chalemeon on a USB thumbdrive. I have a HP dv9700 laptop. Followed all the instructions to the letter, but I'm stiuck at a kernal panic and I got the dreaded:

"Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1699.24.8/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1504

Any helpful hints?

Acro_Design

Acro_Design

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
i used my hack method but i guess its just an automated version of this method. i would like to say that i have resolved my issue by adding my smbios to the usb extra including smcputype=2305 for i3 systems. i then added fake smc that i was using to boot and also fake smc to S/L/E on the installer for good measure. i then edited the usbs com.chameleon.plist and added the string to point it to my smbios. that made it boot! lots of errors came up but it booted, i now type to you on my absolutely brilliant almost a mac book pro Acer 5750 and I'm so so happy!

bgrubb7

bgrubb7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Does anyone have an Extras Folder for iMac8,1?

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Does anyone have an Extras Folder for iMac8,1?

all it is ..what u make of it.. u need smbios.plist of imac8,1

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>02/09/08</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>IM81.88Z.00C1.B00.0802091538</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F227BEC8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>iMac</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>iMac8,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>FC812T69ZE3</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

SgtArky

SgtArky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Ok, I had a working hackingtosh...hardware failure #%^ing nvidia card. well I finally got it coaxed into booting agian. however I had deleted the chameleon partition, and the chameleon partition on my usb drive. So I setup per this thread a new usb drive with chameleon 1902. when I boot that laptop with it, it will not list drives it just stops and displays "/" but I tried it on another laptop and it lists drives when it boots(command line tho). oh and once i do get this working from what i remeber to remake my boot partition(chameleon) in disk utility i would have to reinstall wouldnt i?

Blabry

Blabry

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Um I have a problem, im using this guide to install iAtkos_l1 via USB but, when im installing Chameleon on usb its stuck on Writing Reception (or something like that) anyway i thinked its problem on installation, i was waiting for one hour and then killed application, ( i was doing this on my compaq 6720s, and i wanna boot it on custom pc (look in signature)) then pluged usb on pc and booted, BUT.... when i click install Lion he open Apple logo with gray background and little circle is loading in hours.... nothing more, i cant type anything in boot, just chose install or boot from HDD.... so i cant start boot in verbose mode? or i can? :D

S.O.S :D

Ok, I had a working hackingtosh...hardware failure #%^ing nvidia card. well I finally got it coaxed into booting agian. however I had deleted the chameleon partition, and the chameleon partition on my usb drive. So I setup per this thread a new usb drive with chameleon 1902. when I boot that laptop with it, it will not list drives it just stops and displays "/" but I tried it on another laptop and it lists drives when it boots(command line tho). oh and once i do get this working from what i remeber to remake my boot partition(chameleon) in disk utility i would have to reinstall wouldnt i?

I have same problem with that "/" when i try to boot up lion via DVD drive....

Edit:
I managed to install iAtkos v2 via usb on my pc, but.... Its boot only in safe mode, and when i try to boot it on normal, its just show me gray background of iatkos, and i have mouse nothing more. i cant fine any error in logs so no clue whats problem... If someone have some solution or something please share it here :D or pm :)

Edited by Blabry, 18 June 2012 - 08:38 PM.

jimmi4u

jimmi4u

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi everybody!
I tried thismethod installier lion to my old MSI GT725 (1722) Notebook but without luck. I get stucked in the beginning of the Installations process where u could choose your country, timezone, name, etc. I see only the loading icon and a grey Background and nothing else happens.
can u please have a look on my dsdt.aml which i made from my live linux.
Does someone have an idea?
Thx a lot!

greets

Hi everybody!
I tried thismethod installier lion to my old MSI GT725 (1722) Notebook but without luck. I get stucked in the beginning of the Installations process where u could choose your country, timezone, name, etc. I see only the loading icon and a grey Background and nothing else happens.
can u please have a look on my dsdt.aml which i made from my live linux.
Does someone have an idea?
Thx a lot!

greets

Attached Files

Andrea_D

Andrea_D

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Gents. I am a stupid newbie and I seem to be having a problem with booting to the flash drive. I've got a stock ASUS G74-BBK7 with Windows 7. I went and set all the BIOS settings that I could and everything, but when I try to boot to the USB my system completely ignores it. No matter what I do. Can anyone give me some ideas on what I might be screwing up here?

marcusbarra

marcusbarra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi folks!

I have a problem after installation. My keyboard is PS2 and I don't start installation.

I opened the USB where the installation was maked and in the Extra folder didn't have any kext.

Where and what kext I have to put in my installation USB, to enable the PS2 keyboard?

marcusbarra

marcusbarra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I found the solution here!

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=266565

By Rakusson.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy