Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

so here's something strange... my onboard audio is showing in System Profiler but not in System Preferences, and is therefore unusable... anyone got any ideas? i didn't notice coz i use an external card but it's handy for headphones to have the onboard audio working, and just on principle...

Intel 1988b on a P5K-E wifi ap mobo

eject or reboot

this is happening in some cases

send me files

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=81816

sorry for being so noobish ;);) !

already installed it ( DP4 ) and used the DSDT, com.apple.boot.plist and Smbios.plist from my Snow partition !

can't run ' DSDT Auto-Patcher ', because of ' No ' Java app :) !

THX for this great Tutorial !!!

CooSee ' Ya

so here's something strange... my onboard audio is showing in System Profiler but not in System Preferences, and is therefore unusable... anyone got any ideas? i didn't notice coz i use an external card but it's handy for headphones to have the onboard audio working, and just on principle...

Try this kext in the extra/extension folder. It might work If your audio is similar to P5Q Pro Turbo.

ViaHDA.kext.zip

Here the send me file! Thank you for your help!

your DSDT is already edited

remove NUllCPUPowerManagement

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Thanks for the guide MaLd0n...really nice job!!!!!! :) :):thumbsup_anim:

i have a problem during installation...after i select the disk for install and press

install button a message pops up saying that "essential software is missing "

can you help me with that?

I am using developers preview 11a390

Thanks for all!!!

If you replaced the installer with the modified installer to be able to install chameleon or Extra, open the installation package again and re-replace it with the original OSInstall.mpkg

Thanks for the guide MaLd0n...really nice job!!!!!! :D :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

i have a problem during installation...after i select the disk for install and press

install button a message pops up saying that "essential software is missing "

can you help me with that?

I am using developers preview 11a390

Thanks for all!!!

If you replaced the installer with the modified installer to be able to install chameleon or Extra, open the installation package again and re-replace it with the original OSInstall.mpkg

thanks bingaling you were right i replace it again and it worked!!!!

I finished installing lion but it does not recognize ethernet card,audio and ps2 devices....can anyone help me with that?

my motherboard is asus p5k,i have found the kext for ethernet card(attansic l1) but i dont kow how to install it..

i tried putting it into system/library/extensionsbut it doesnt work..

:yoji:

can't believe it ! everything is working now :wacko: !

thank you so much @ MaLd0n ! Come to Germany and celebrate with me :P !

these are the ' kexts ' i'am using in ' Extra / Extensions ' Folder:

FakeSMC - Revision 493 ( FakeSMC.kext - IntelThermal.kext - NVClockX.kext

SuperIOFamily.kext - IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext < -- because of Orange Icons !

and

DSDT.aml ( MaLd0n modified ) - com.apple.Boot.plist - smbios.plist - from SnowLeopard partition

and in ' /System/Library/Extensions/ '

RealtekRTL81xx.kext < -- for NetWork - kXAudioDriver.kext < -- for the good Old ' Audigy 4 '

but, there's one exception! current iStatMenus didn't show the CPU temps ( maybe after reboot ) ! i can live with that :rolleyes: !

and what about the Update ' Lion Developer Preview Update 10.7 ' ? Somebody tried this already ?

CooSee ' Ya

your DSDT is already edited

remove NUllCPUPowerManagement

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

After removing NUllCPUPowerManagement I have working sleep now. Thanks again for your help!

I think I know what you mean now by USB Fix because now I get a kernel panic when something is

plugged in my USB while booting up in Lion. Also CMOS reset is happening after wake from sleep when

I restart. Im sure there are fixes for this but I don't where exactly to find this?

and what about the Update ' Lion Developer Preview Update 10.7 ' ? Somebody tried this already ?

! no Risk, no Fun !

did Backup with current ' CCC ' -_- and used ' SoftwareUpdate ' !

iTunes ( 75,8 MB ) and Developer Preview Update ( 656,6 MB )

Now using '11A494a' with 'Darwin 11.0.0' Kernel and everything works except 'iStat Menus' not showing 'CPU's and temps!

@ MaLd0n, if you've got time, can you look to my ' send_me ' file, maybe something is missing ? !!!

CooSee ' Ya

send_me.zip

post-305822-1309208690_thumb.png

post-305822-1309208903_thumb.png

After removing NUllCPUPowerManagement I have working sleep now. Thanks again for your help!

I think I know what you mean now by USB Fix because now I get a kernel panic when something is

plugged in my USB while booting up in Lion. Also CMOS reset is happening after wake from sleep when

I restart. Im sure there are fixes for this but I don't where exactly to find this?

dont use USB Roll Back

reset cmos after wake

use search forum

@ MaLd0n, if you've got time, can you look to my ' send_me ' file, maybe something is missing ? !!!

dsdt.CooSee.zip

The only fix I found for CMOS reset after wake from sleep is switching out the AppleRTC.kext with an older

AppleRTC.kext from Snow Leopard. But it works for now until something better comes along.

I finished installing lion but it does not recognize ethernet card,audio and ps2 devices....can anyone help me with that?

my motherboard is asus p5k,i have found the kext for ethernet card(attansic l1) but i dont kow how to install it..

Help.....anyone...pleaseeeee...

i use this method: http://grafikdesign.wordpress.com/2008/02/...ll-a-kext-file/

i wouldn't for the moment, it killed my installation... had to restart from scratch. wait until the official release, get the dmg from appstore and then use the official upgrades, i'd say

Any advice for installing the update via software update?

no idea for the ps2 devices, but for the audio, use the modified ones from Snow Leopard. I use the attached ones- AD2000B (despite mine being 1988b) and modified HDA attached

Help.....anyone...pleaseeeee...

Archive.zip

what does not work?

iStat it's not showing the CPU's and temps, look at the attachment in previous post !

maybe this is a ' FakeSMC ' problem ?

because with ' Snow ' everything's working with ' iStat ' and current ' FakeSMC ' !

CooSee ' Ya

I was hoping that would work and make it easy for you but I use an entirely different method myself. The method I use is too drop the kext file in to "System/Library/Extensions" And then drop the entire Extensions folder on a program called "Kext Utility" until and wait until its finished repairing permissions. Then open "Disk Utility" and repair disk permissions again and wait until it finishes and restart.

You can also install most of these kexts in Extra/Extensions using the same method.

Here's Kext Utility

I have P5Q Pro Turbo and use this Network Kext and some of these kexts haven't worked with my Ethernet so If it fails to work then try the one I am using here.

Kext_Utility.zip

AttansicL1eEthernet.kext.zip

iStat it's not showing the CPU's and temps, look at the attachment in previous post !

maybe this is a ' FakeSMC ' problem ?

because with ' Snow ' everything's working with ' iStat ' and current ' FakeSMC ' !

CooSee ' Ya

Put in S/L/E

FAKESMC.zip

double click in kextUtility

Put in S/L/E

FAKESMC.zip

double click in kextUtility

oh man, i just fooled myself :hysterical: , because in ' Snow ', i put those kexts in ' /S/L/E ' :rolleyes: !

you're right, it works in ' /S/L/E ' ( better ) !

i put all kexts from ' E/E ' to ' /S/L/E ' !

FakeSMC.kext, IntelCPUMonitor.kext, NVClockX.kext, SuperIOFamily.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

just curious why

NVClockX.kext

never worked for me ( no Nvidia temps at All ), look at attached ' kernel.log ' !

thank you so much for your Help :thumbsup_anim: !

CooSee ' Ya

kernel.log_CooSee.rtf