Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

What you will need

1- Working Mac OS X (may be another PC or Mac)

2- USB drive (USB stick)

3- "Extra Lion" installer

Extra_Lion.pkg.zip

NEW

Extra Lion DP4, GM and FINAL

Extra_Lion_DP4.pkg.zip

4- Lion DMG

5- Chameleon RC5

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=227833

6- DSDT Auto-Patcher

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=235523

BOOT CD

HackBoot Lion

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=94070

Procedures

Open Disk Utility, select the USB drive partition and click on the Erase tab. Select Mac Os Extended (Journaled) and click on the Erase button.

01.png

Mount InstallESD.dmg

*InstallESD.dmg Lion GM --> "Install Mac OS X Lion.app/Contents/SharedSupport".

Open Terminal and run the command:

open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

Now click on the Restore tab, drag Mac OS X Base System to Source and the USB drive partition to Destination, then click on the Restore button. This operation takes several minutes.

The partition will have its name changed automatically to Mac OS X Base System after the restoration.

02.png

After the restoration, open the restored partition, navigate to System/Installation, delete the Packages link and create a folder with the same name, Packages.

Open Terminal and run the command:

open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages

Copy the files to the Packages folder created previously.

Run the installers "Extra Lion" and "Chameleon RC5". Remember to click on Change Install Location... and select the USB drive as destination, or they will be installed on the running system.

With the installer USB ready, boot it and install Lion to an HD partition.

* If you have problems in installation with the message "Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer", replace the file "OSInstall" in the folder System/Installation/Packages by this...

OSInstall.zip

After the installation, boot the USB drive again, but in Chameleon menu choose to boot the HD.

The system is running, but it doesn't boot without the USB stick, then we have to install the bootloader (Chameleon), the essential kexts and the DSDT

Post installation

1- Copy the Extra folder to the HD

iMac9,1 / Core2Duo

Extra_iMac9_1.zip

iMac11,1 / Core i 1156

Extra_iMac11_1.zip

iMac12,1 / Core i 1155

Extra_iMac12_1.zip

MacPro3,1 / Core2Quad

Extra_MacPro3_1.zip

MacPro4,1 / Core i 1366

Extra_MacPro4_1.zip

MacBook4,1 / Core2Duo Mobile

Extra_MacBook4_1.zip

MacBookPro6,1 / Core i Mobile

Extra_MacBookPro6_1.zip

MacBookPro8,1 / Sandy Bridge

Extra_MacBookPro8_1.zip

03.png

NEW

Installer Extra Folder

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=258606

2- Install Chameleon-2.0-RC5 (into Lion partition)

3- Run DSDT Auto-Patcher and copy the DSDT generated in the desktop to the Extra folder

Power Management and restart fix use Chameleon RC5

Add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Downloads

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext.zip

LegacyAHCI

AHCIPortInjector.kext.zip

NullCPUPowerManagement

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

04.png

05.png

06.png

07.png

Thanks and Credits to rooftopz, oldnapalm, RoggerioSarah and to all people in the community who developed the original Patches and Kexts.

LINKS

nForce OS X Lion (10.7) APP STORE DOWNLOAD INSTALL GUIDE on a Series 6 or 7 nForce chipset / Intel CPU MOBO

Edited by Alessandro17
DSDT Auto-Patcher link doesn't work because it is in the trash
  • Like 8

First of all Thanks for the impressive guide!

I followed it to the letter and now have a working Lion

However, my cpu is not recognized correctly and therefore Lion is slow as #$&*(@.

I've got the following setup:

• Asus p8p67-m
  • core i5 2500k
  • Sapphire Radeon 6850

I've followed all your steps, copied the extra folder from the macbook pro 8,1 (sandy bridge)

added the kexts at the end of your post to the extra/extensions folder

used kextutil to create a new mkext file for the extensions

updated the boot.plist file to include SMBIOS=/Extra/smbios.plist

My video card shows as a Radeon NI40 (same as under 10.6.7), has accelerated desktop but no working dvd player, etc...

Network works, installed the lnx2mac 8111 driver from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]

Daniel, to me not part from the hd, I have put the boot in the root, but restart the PC

;):)

From USB work , but from Hd don't work

use the same "Extra" and run Chameleon.pkg

Yep

"load op. defaults" in setup, enable AHCI and HPET 64

:unsure: Working Now , but I am always in overclock, perhaps I have understood what has happened, I explain you. .su the Snow Raid software I have the r700, and I left from this boot, will be this?

Perhaps I have detached the SSD physically, and has left Lion, I enclose you my CABP, is from modification?

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

Stuck on "Systemuptime in nanoseconds is 37909(Somenumber)" :(

Despite I installed Chameleon to the Pendrive it changed my Snow's Bootloader and windows no longer boots ( I use modcd to boot into windows )

;) Working Now , but I am always in overclock, perhaps I have understood what has happened, I explain you. .su the Snow Raid software I have the r700, and I left from this boot, will be this?

Perhaps I have detached the SSD physically, and has left Lion, I enclose you my CABP, is from modification?

???

Despite I installed Chameleon to the Pendrive it changed my Snow's Bootloader and windows no longer boots ( I use modcd to boot into windows )

Nope

you did something wrong

follow the procedure of the topic

and do not forget to change the install location

Ignore the windows problem, I repeated the whole Guide and booted from the flashdrive and the same thing happened, see the attached stuck picture ;)

BTW this happens seconds after choosing Mac OS X Base System from the Flash Chameleon List

Tried booting using cpus=1 and it loaded a lot more lines but it stuck too .

post-460128-1305145638_thumb.jpg

Ignore the windows problem, I repeated the whole Guide and booted from the flashdrive and the same thing happened, see the attached stuck picture ;)

BTW this happens seconds after choosing Mac OS X Base System from the Flash Chameleon List

Tried booting using cpus=1 and it loaded a lot more lines but it stuck too .

look it

Taptun Chocolate Kernels (i.o.w. non-vanilia)

These are for HP Pavilion DVx series laptops with the InSyde BIOS / lapic incompatibility.

your problem may be that

wait for Lion

i get a boot0 error w/ chameleon installed on my lion hdd

very strange :)

WoW

post-557433-1305176262.gif

I like the World of Warcraft Freudian slip :)

Anyways, aside from strange chameleon issues, I noticed the fakesmc kext you linked in the OP wouldn't show me my cpu temps in iStat in lion...

swapped it with my Snow Leopard one and worked well, should anyone run into that issue...

I like the World of Warcraft Freudian slip :mellow:

Anyways, aside from strange chameleon issues, I noticed the fakesmc kext you linked in the OP wouldn't show me my cpu temps in iStat in lion...

swapped it with my Snow Leopard one and worked well, should anyone run into that issue...

Look it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=247185

you have not understood my English

yep

01a.png

yep

Ok, listen me, I have a raid with two SSD, boot the Camaleon r700, leaving from this boot, see the Lion disc, if I go on this disc and dò the shipment from keyboard, the PC restart, but if I detach the two ssd, removing the cable from the mainboard, Lion leaves. I am thinking, is the CABP that use on the Raid, that it has the string default partion?

you have understood now

Look my CABP in the post precedent :mellow:

Ok, listen me, I have a raid with two SSD, boot the Camaleon r700, leaving from this boot, see the Lion disc, if I go on this disc and dò the shipment from keyboard, the PC restart, but if I detach the two ssd, removing the cable from the mainboard, Lion leaves. I am thinking, is the CABP that use on the Raid, that it has the string default partion?

you have understood now

Look my CABP in the post precedent B)

Sorry mag 01o.png

I have no idea 01a.png

you have understood now

Look my CABP in the post precedent B)

I think the problem is the boot you have in the RAID volume, r700 isn't able to boot Lion. When you detach it, boot from Lion volume is used.