• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

zombolo

zombolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
OK, waiting for your new video with files! ;)

Thanks again!

aussieman09

aussieman09

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

OK, waiting for your new video with files! :D

Thanks again!

Here you go man

zombolo

zombolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
OK, i made some progress on this Vaio: with the new files I was able to boot within my internal hard disk, but only after editing com.aplle.Boot.plist and disabling GraphicsEnabler, so my resolutin is stuck at 1024x768. If I enable it, boot stuck with the following message: ATI card posted, reading VBIOS from legacy space

Is there any solution to force correct resolution?

aussieman09

aussieman09

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

OK, i made some progress on this Vaio: with the new files I was able to boot within my internal hard disk, but only after editing com.aplle.Boot.plist and disabling GraphicsEnabler, so my resolutin is stuck at 1024x768. If I enable it, boot stuck with the following message: ATI card posted, reading VBIOS from legacy space

Is there any solution to force correct resolution?

on the bootloader screen try "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" make sure u add the " or it wont work

zombolo

zombolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Tried without any luck... :/

I have seen on system information I haven't any kext loaded for graphic card. O__o

Is it normal?

aussieman09

aussieman09

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Tried without any luck... :/

I have seen on system information I haven't any kext loaded for graphic card. O__o

Is it normal?

Yes thats normal, thats because there is no kext for our video cards on mac os x yet, but full 1366x768 resolution shauld still work. try this copy the files from my first video to your mac os x partition and click yes to replace all, then copy the files from my new video and press yes to replace all, then go to /Extra/apple.boot.plist and under where it says graphics enabler make sure it says no and under kernel flags make sure it say busratio=8 cpus=1 arch=i386 maxmem=4096. then save and close. after that there shauld be another file in the extra folder named preboot. open that up/mount it and inside of that there shauld be another file named apple.boot.plist. delete it and then eject the preboot image and restart your laptop.

zombolo

zombolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Many thanks for your patience aussieman.
Your solution is a no go for our Vaio. I think we have a edid problem ...

aussieman09

aussieman09

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Many thanks for your patience aussieman.
Your solution is a no go for our Vaio. I think we have a edid problem ...

no i figured it out. open the extra folder then mount the preboot folder and open it inside shauld be another extra folder, open that up aswell and delete if there the apple.boot.plist file and past this one inside instead. then eject preboot and restart. it might not work on the first attempt but just keep trying at least 2 times

zombolo

zombolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Nothing.
I think the only hope for our Vaio is a modified ATI kext...

aussieman09

aussieman09

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Nothing.
I think the only hope for our Vaio is a modified ATI kext...

dude ive got this working on aton of vaios with the e350 processor.

ok try this. try my first tutorial to make the bootloader but delete the apple.boot.plist inside the Extra folder

zombolo

zombolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Unable to boot without apple.boot.plist
I don't know where is my error...
is there anyone able to install snow leopard with correct resolution?

P.S. maybe the wrong resolution is correlated with chameleon rc5?

aussieman09

aussieman09

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Unable to boot without apple.boot.plist
I don't know where is my error...
is there anyone able to install snow leopard with correct resolution?

P.S. maybe the wrong resolution is correlated with chameleon rc5?

add me on msn and ile guide u correctly

email is ets_nies@hotmail.com

zombolo

zombolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
OK, done. ^^

EDIT: tried with chameleon prefpane and different resolution without any luck: Vaio always boot with 1024x768... :/

pkmvancouver

pkmvancouver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
the HP most likely has a different VESA mode table then the Vaio...aka different video bios. so that makes the 1366x768 mode unavailable. I've tried numerous boot files, plist entrie, kexts etc. and 1366x768 doesn't work. If someone has gotten it to work on the amd e350 sony vaio, upload a video to prove it because it isn't possible from what I've tried.

aussieman09

aussieman09

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

the HP most likely has a different VESA mode table then the Vaio...aka different video bios. so that makes the 1366x768 mode unavailable. I've tried numerous boot files, plist entrie, kexts etc. and 1366x768 doesn't work. If someone has gotten it to work on the amd e350 sony vaio, upload a video to prove it because it isn't possible from what I've tried.

yeah i nwas thinking the same thing, some of sony bios'es have restriction on the vga, not sure about the vaio yb but others do, same goes for the asus 1215b which also runs on the e350 which had a restriction to only like 256mb of vram while the hp dm1z had around 4096gb video ram.

coldi

coldi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
any news ?

Iperzampem0

Iperzampem0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
@aussieman09:
Hi, I saw your video and posts about solving general ATI graphics problem, BUT let me say this..
The only thing that you have done is simply having full resolution in your HP DM1Z, and like for the rest of AMD E-350 powered laptops (like this VAIO), it's a very simple task.
The real challenge here is to make the AMD 6310 graphics FULLY working with QE/CI !!!

I hope this VAIO YB will be much more Hackintosh friendly about internal display and graphics...
For another time I suggest you all trying OSX Lion because it installs in about 20 minutes and it has better support for AMD graphics chip as you know! :)

Unfortunately I haven't yet this little beautiful VAIO.. :rolleyes: So i can't test things out.

aussieman09

aussieman09

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

@aussieman09:
Hi, I saw your video and posts about solving general ATI graphics problem, BUT let me say this..
The only thing that you have done is simply having full resolution in your HP DM1Z, and like for the rest of AMD E-350 powered laptops (like this VAIO), it's a very simple task.
The real challenge here is to make the AMD 6310 graphics FULLY working with QE/CI !!!

I hope this VAIO YB will be much more Hackintosh friendly about internal display and graphics...
For another time I suggest you all trying OSX Lion because it installs in about 20 minutes and it has better support for AMD graphics chip as you know! ;)

Unfortunately I haven't yet this little beautiful VAIO.. :lol: So i can't test things out.

oi Yeah omg installing Lion what an amazing idea...oh thats right its impossible becasue theres no amd kernel yet,lol. sorry if this comment comes of rude but yeah hopefully someone figures out how to get the ati 6310 working fully, and yeah i mentioned that my method is not to enable video acceleration just to get full resolution. thank you

Iperzampem0

Iperzampem0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
@aussieman09:
Have you tried nawcomModCD or EmpireEFI?

Iperzampem0

Iperzampem0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
No more news here?? :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy