39 replies to this topic

tchatzi

tchatzi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've been trying to get Snow Leopard to run on this, semi-successfully:
Installed using a borrowed laptop, updated to 10.6.7 and legacy_kernel 10.7.0 (arch=i386 -force64)
mach_kernel (arch=i386 busratio=8). Seems ``Still waiting for root device'' was a thing of legacy_kernel. I've sadly lost 64bit capability though. -force64 causes all kinds of illegal instruction problems in programs.

I hope others will join and we'll have this working.

Things that work:
- USB (OOB)
- Ethernet (AtherosL1cEthernet.kext)
- Wi-fi (AtherosWifiInjector.kext)
- Bluetooth (OOB)
- PS/2 Keyboard/MouseTrackpad (VoodooPS2Controller.kext)
- AppleAHCI after adding PCI id to AHCIPortInjector (but see below)
- Integrated USB Webcam. busratio=8 seems to have fixed that too

Things that should be working but I'm not so sure:
- Integrated USB Webcam. I know I saw it working on Phone Booth, but now I get a black screen. Could be the graphics problems, but...

I got numerous ``Still waiting for root device'' issues, even after entering my pci id to AHCIPortInjector.kext. I think what solved it was using the latest DSDT Auto Patcher (2011/05/04) and removing the extra 2 cpus my DSDT already had (why 4 cpus Sony?). Before that, it'd boot 1 out of 20 times or so.
This is in fact wrong. legacy_kernel seems to have been responsible.

Things that aren't working, but do work in bundled Windows 7 or Ubuntu 11.04 (Any help appreciated):
- Audio. I'm using VoodooHDA-2.7.2 but it either only picks HDMI or kernel panicks if I enter the analog device pci id in Info.plist.
- Audio is now working with VoodooHDA-2.7.2. The trick was ``busratio=8'' (and not 16) in the boot arguments.

- Graphics. The Radeon 6310 is supposedly supported (and the kext indeed loads) with ATI Beta drivers on http://www.kexts.com...1-ati_beta.html but AFAIK no QE/CI and resolution is stuck at 1024x768
- Display. Even injecting EDID doesn't get me 1366x768. Curiously, Ubuntu until version 11.04 failed to read the EDID as well.

coldi

coldi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
any news about the sony vpcyb1s1e?

i also have this laptop and would loooooooove osx on it :mellow:

harrycustom

harrycustom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Just bought me too!

I am waiting for instructions! :thumbsdown_anim:

Thanks

zakariaeljaz

zakariaeljaz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi ! :whistle: Are you telling us that E350 is compatible with OSX ? and that OSX is "running" on your netbook ? how about the experience, is it fast ?, and please give us instructions ;) Thank you so much

tchatzi

tchatzi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I wouldn't go as far as to call it running.. more like walking ;)
It is decent, but the graphics issue makes it painful. Only 1024x768 and no QE/CI.
Kernel flags needed are ``arch=i386 busratio=8''.
I'm trying to add the Radeon 6310M to ati.c in chameleon by studying the linux open source drivers but I either get a garbled screen or no acceleration at all. Apart from messing up my video outputs, there seems to be an issue with AtiFrameBuffer.kext not knowing how to ``feed'' the AMD E-350.
I cannot boot 19 times out of 20 with legacy_kernel-10.7.0. I get ``Still waiting for root device'' consistently.
However, mach_kernel ``Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Thu Jun 17 18:42:31 EDT 2010; xxxxxxxxxxxx v4 :xnu-1504.7.4/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386'' works just fine. (xxxxx used instead of the builders username just in case)
I haven't found one more recent that does work though.

Iperzampem0

Iperzampem0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

I wouldn't go as far as to call it running.. more like walking :wacko:
It is decent, but the graphics issue makes it painful. Only 1024x768 and no QE/CI.
Kernel flags needed are ``arch=i386 busratio=8''.
I'm trying to add the Radeon 6310M to ati.c in chameleon by studying the linux open source drivers but I either get a garbled screen or no acceleration at all. Apart from messing up my video outputs, there seems to be an issue with AtiFrameBuffer.kext not knowing how to ``feed'' the AMD E-350.
I cannot boot 19 times out of 20 with legacy_kernel-10.7.0. I get ``Still waiting for root device'' consistently.
However, mach_kernel ``Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Thu Jun 17 18:42:31 EDT 2010; xxxxxxxxxxxx v4 :xnu-1504.7.4/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386'' works just fine. (xxxxx used instead of the builders username just in case)
I haven't found one more recent that does work though.

Hi!
And what about OSX Lion DP4? Maybe it has better support for ATI and generally with this Sony... ;-)

zombolo

zombolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Any news?

coldi

coldi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
any news?

any news?

zombolo

zombolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Lion Gold master is out!
Let's finger crossed!

zombolo

zombolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
On HP /Compaq subform a user succeded to install snow leopard on a mz1 (zacate).

aussieman09

aussieman09

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
hey mate i just wanted to help with the reolution proble, but if possible please send me your bootloader or a link to it, for me to get my sony e350 laptop to go to full native resolution/1366x768 is at the bootloader screen type "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" make sure you include those " or it wont work, thank you

zombolo

zombolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

I've been trying to get Snow Leopard to run on this, semi-successfully:
Installed using a borrowed laptop, updated to 10.6.7 and legacy_kernel 10.7.0 (arch=i386 -force64)
mach_kernel (arch=i386 busratio=8). Seems ``Still waiting for root device'' was a thing of legacy_kernel. I've sadly lost 64bit capability though. -force64 causes all kinds of illegal instruction problems in programs.

I hope others will join and we'll have this working.

Things that work:
- USB (OOB)
- Ethernet (AtherosL1cEthernet.kext)
- Wi-fi (AtherosWifiInjector.kext)
- Bluetooth (OOB)
- PS/2 Keyboard/MouseTrackpad (VoodooPS2Controller.kext)
- AppleAHCI after adding PCI id to AHCIPortInjector (but see below)
- Integrated USB Webcam. busratio=8 seems to have fixed that too

Things that should be working but I'm not so sure:
- Integrated USB Webcam. I know I saw it working on Phone Booth, but now I get a black screen. Could be the graphics problems, but...

I got numerous ``Still waiting for root device'' issues, even after entering my pci id to AHCIPortInjector.kext. I think what solved it was using the latest DSDT Auto Patcher (2011/05/04) and removing the extra 2 cpus my DSDT already had (why 4 cpus Sony?). Before that, it'd boot 1 out of 20 times or so.
This is in fact wrong. legacy_kernel seems to have been responsible.

Things that aren't working, but do work in bundled Windows 7 or Ubuntu 11.04 (Any help appreciated):
- Audio. I'm using VoodooHDA-2.7.2 but it either only picks HDMI or kernel panicks if I enter the analog device pci id in Info.plist.
- Audio is now working with VoodooHDA-2.7.2. The trick was ``busratio=8'' (and not 16) in the boot arguments.

- Graphics. The Radeon 6310 is supposedly supported (and the kext indeed loads) with ATI Beta drivers on http://www.kexts.com...1-ati_beta.html but AFAIK no QE/CI and resolution is stuck at 1024x768
- Display. Even injecting EDID doesn't get me 1366x768. Curiously, Ubuntu until version 11.04 failed to read the EDID as well.

May you uploa your kext?
And can you post a (sort of) guide to install SL on this wonderful netbook? :)

coldi

coldi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
i rly would love, to have a guide :(

SLY333

SLY333

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Any news on Lion?

pkmvancouver

pkmvancouver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
lion won't work due to no AMD support in the kernel yet. And the fact the Radeon 6310 is not supported neither in GraphicsEnabler nor kext's. I have 10.6.8 running on my Vaio YB, but video and sleep do not work. video is 1024x768 stretched and sleep just freezes. The ATIRadeonX3000 and ATI6000 kexts are load (due to ediing the Info.plists with the 0x98021002 id's) along with ATISupport.kext, but ATIFrambuffer.kext refuses to load. I honestly think the Radeon 6300/6200 IGP's are in the same boat as the Intel GMA3150 there won't be support unless someone does some serious hacking to DSDT's and kexts.

As to installing 10.6.8 on the AMD e-350 Sony Vaio YB I used nawcoms usb boot to make a 10.6.0 retail install stick booted with kernels commands "busratio=8 cpus=1 arch=i386 USBBusFix=1" and it took a couple of tries to get it to booted and installed.

found here http://blog.nawcom.com/?p=569

then followed http://prasys.info/2...nd-intel-atoms/ but I DIDN'T USE the EvilAppleACPIPlatform.kext and EvilIOPCIFamily.kext's just used the default 10.6.8 stuff.

Also audio was tricky you can try this one http://www.kexts.com...do=file&id=1238 voodoohda
or http://www.kexts.com...?do=file&id=156 azalia
if the default audio kext installed by nawcoms boot cd/usb doesn't work

due to video not supported and stuck at stretched 1024x768 I don't use osx it's just sitting on a external harddrive. More then likely going to sell the laptop and build a desktop system with known supported parts. I will not supply the kext's as they are the DEFAULT 10.6.8 kexts with just the 6310 pci id's added to the Info.plists.

if someone is good with video bios's I managed to dump the video bios, the info and dump are here..
http://www.insanelym...p...mp;st=810

aussieman09

aussieman09

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

lion won't work due to no AMD support in the kernel yet. And the fact the Radeon 6310 is not supported neither in GraphicsEnabler nor kext's. I have 10.6.8 running on my Vaio YB, but video and sleep do not work. video is 1024x768 stretched and sleep just freezes. The ATIRadeonX3000 and ATI6000 kexts are load (due to ediing the Info.plists with the 0x98021002 id's) along with ATISupport.kext, but ATIFrambuffer.kext refuses to load. I honestly think the Radeon 6300/6200 IGP's are in the same boat as the Intel GMA3150 there won't be support unless someone does some serious hacking to DSDT's and kexts.

As to installing 10.6.8 on the AMD e-350 Sony Vaio YB I used nawcoms usb boot to make a 10.6.0 retail install stick booted with kernels commands "busratio=8 cpus=1 arch=i386 USBBusFix=1" and it took a couple of tries to get it to booted and installed.

found here http://blog.nawcom.com/?p=569

then followed http://prasys.info/2...nd-intel-atoms/ but I DIDN'T USE the EvilAppleACPIPlatform.kext and EvilIOPCIFamily.kext's just used the default 10.6.8 stuff.

Also audio was tricky you can try this one http://www.kexts.com...do=file&id=1238 voodoohda
or http://www.kexts.com...?do=file&id=156 azalia
if the default audio kext installed by nawcoms boot cd/usb doesn't work

due to video not supported and stuck at stretched 1024x768 I don't use osx it's just sitting on a external harddrive. More then likely going to sell the laptop and build a desktop system with known supported parts. I will not supply the kext's as they are the DEFAULT 10.6.8 kexts with just the 6310 pci id's added to the Info.plists.

if someone is good with video bios's I managed to dump the video bios, the info and dump are here..
http://www.insanelym...p...mp;st=810

Dude just listen to me....U can force the resolution to 1366x768 by using this command in the boot screen. "Graphics Enabler"="1366x768x32"

watch my video guys. and i installed 10.6.8 easily. if u guys want 1366x768 resolution use this apple.boot.plist ....no need for stretching resolution thats just stupid

Dude just listen to me....U can force the resolution to 1366x768 by using this command in the boot screen. "Graphics Enabler"="1366x768x32"

watch my video guys. and i installed 10.6.8 easily. if u guys want 1366x768 resolution use this apple.boot.plist ....no need for stretching resolution thats just stupid

oh and heres a link to my video as proof for 1366x768 resolution.

zombolo

zombolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Many thanks aussieman09.

I have seen your video, but I was unable to prepare the usb pen for booting OSX.

I am a total newbie and I don't speak english very well, may you post a simple guide here? I already downloaded your files from mediafire.

Many thanks in advance! I'll stay tuned!

I stuck at boot with this error: ATI card posted, reading VBIOS from legacy space

aussieman09

aussieman09

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
[quote name='zombolo' date='Jul 29 2011, 05:06 AM' post='1724955']
Many thanks aussieman09.

I have seen your video, but I was unable to prepare the usb pen for booting OSX.

I am a total newbie and I don't speak english very well, may you post a simple guide here? I already downloaded your files from mediafire.

Many thanks in advance! I'll stay tuned!

I stuck at boot with this error: ATI card posted, reading VBIOS from legacy space

ok try booting into single user mode by pressing the down button on the bootmenu then pressing single user mode. see if u can get in. then once in go to prefrences and chemealeon, then go to peripherals and untick graphics VBIOS.

zombolo

zombolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
OK, after a couple of hours I prepared a SINGLE usb stick with OSX and your files uploaded to mediafire.

I installed without any problem snow leopard on my internal hard disk, and i can boot with usb stick, but now I am stuck at this point: :P

I copied the your mediafire files (boot, boot sector, etc) into my hard disk with snow leopard, but it won't boot. At prompt it says: operation system not found. If I bot from usb I have no problem and I can check my system is perfectly loading.

What I have to do? Install chameleon on my boot partition? I tried with chameleon 2.0RC5 without any luck (always the ATI problem just like above). Thanks in advance!

P.S. after installing snow leopard with your instruction I noticed my EXTRA folder in empty in my hard disk. O__o Is that normal? Can you post or upload the content of your extra folder after installing SL?

aussieman09

aussieman09

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

OK, after a couple of hours I prepared a SINGLE usb stick with OSX and your files uploaded to mediafire.

I installed without any problem snow leopard on my internal hard disk, and i can boot with usb stick, but now I am stuck at this point: ;)

I copied the your mediafire files (boot, boot sector, etc) into my hard disk with snow leopard, but it won't boot. At prompt it says: operation system not found. If I bot from usb I have no problem and I can check my system is perfectly loading.

What I have to do? Install chameleon on my boot partition? I tried with chameleon 2.0RC5 without any luck (always the ATI problem just like above). Thanks in advance!

P.S. after installing snow leopard with your instruction I noticed my EXTRA folder in empty in my hard disk. O__o Is that normal? Can you post or upload the content of your extra folder after installing SL?

ok i jus filmed a new video with a quick fix to your probem its uploading now. ive even inluded my extra folder, this shauld fix all problem anyone is having. thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy