• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Ingram

Ingram

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I flashed my dvd drive so that it would be channel 3 master instead of channel 1 slave. It broke the sleep now (wakes up immediately, however it works like this more than 1 time), however I cannot see any errors with the drive anymore.

Wake reason = USB2 EUSB
System wake
The USB device WirelessControllerDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x5d000000) may have caused a wake by being disconnected

I believe it is the bluetooth device which is connected via usb internally (which I dont have access to)

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

I flashed my dvd drive so that it would be channel 3 master instead of channel 1 slave. It broke the sleep now (wakes up immediately, however it works like this more than 1 time), however I cannot see any errors with the drive anymore.

Wake reason = USB2 EUSB
System wake
The USB device WirelessControllerDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x5d000000) may have caused a wake by being disconnected

I believe it is the bluetooth device which is connected via usb internally (which I dont have access to)

you are using the DSDT?

Ingram

Ingram

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
My bad, I tried some dsdt hacks but I think they did break it. Reverting to dsdt.02.zip version did the trick. I think it was the pwrb hack that broke this, now I found that removing Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C")) works, but renaming it to Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C")) breaks sleep and makes awful noise when closing lid.

Now to the minor problems. Fn combinations and different trackpad functions - what can I do?

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Now to the minor problems. Fn combinations and different trackpad functions - what can I do?

Try another kext
Voodops2
http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=87706

or

ApplePs2
http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=89083

I do not know if this will work
use in S/L/E

Ingram

Ingram

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Before I try the kexts, I found that sometimes this usb-bluetooth disconnects after sleep.

First set of kexts works! (No luck on Fn keys though)

The ones which fail to work:
Fn+F2 = WLAN/BT killswitch (doesn't matter)
Fn+F3 = switch/swap displays, no idea if theres any equal function on mac - Pressing this freezes mac at the moment!
Fn+F6 = Sound mute
Fn+F7 = Volume down
Fn+F8 = Volume up
Fn+F9 = Play/Pause
Fn+F10 = Stop
Fn+F11 = Previous in playlist
Fn+F12 = Next in playlist
Fn+Ins = Prt Sc
Fn+Num lk = Scr Lk (I believe it functions as apple brightness up but it is always at maximum, however it displays the icon in the middle of screen)
Fn+Del = SysRq

Also there are two keys which are swapped for some reason under osx.
The layout we use here: http://upload.wikime...KB_Estonian.svg
The key between shift and z is swapped with the key to the left from 1. On windows and with other keyboards it functions properly.

Ingram

Ingram

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
After opening SMC Monitor I noticed something weird.

From boot time to first sleep cpu is at lowest frequency defined in p & c-states and after first sleep till forever it is at highest frequency.

That should explain why computer is actually faster after sleep than after first boot. No idea how to fix this though.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

After opening SMC Monitor I noticed something weird.

From boot time to first sleep cpu is at lowest frequency defined in p & c-states and after first sleep till forever it is at highest frequency.

That should explain why computer is actually faster after sleep than after first boot. No idea how to fix this though.

Very strange
I have no idea :wacko:
try another SMBIOS(MacModel)

I hope someone can help you

Ingram

Ingram

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Thanks for this. with MacBookPro5,1 it started to work nicely.

Still, sometimes usb bluetooth disconnects after waking up, any solution for that?

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Thanks for this. with MacBookPro5,1 it started to work nicely.

Still, sometimes usb bluetooth disconnects after waking up, any solution for that?

use the search forum
:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy