Good Bye

JaS

195 posts in this topic

Well- if it wasn't for your 10.4.3 install DVD, I would have never had the opportunity to work with OS X - now, of course, I'm running 10.4.6 (again, thanks to you) -

I've been out of college since July and was lucky enough to land a job shortly thereafter - but I would have never been able to get this job if I hadn't had some experience with AppleScript - which, of course, was only from OS X 86 - -

so, I owe you big, JaS - big.

Thanks for everything...

I am very new but I do know that hard work shouldn't go unoticed thankyou for helping create the community we have today, some of the younger generation just don't understand how hard it is to do the work you have done and thats sadening :P

Anyways thanks for everything you have done.

:D

I´ve got no words, it´s a very sad day for us all. Good people keep going away, they have their reasons. Thanks for the all the work you´ve done for us all. One thing I must say... THANK YOU JaS, you made me see the other side, and I (we) will miss you.

JaS,

I never post on sites unless I am adding value (solving a problem). This is an exception.

Screw the ney sayers and critics.

• You are the MAN!
  • Your work is VERY much appreciated

If you pack it in, all is understood, and again, thanks!

If you don't - go underground and stealth!

Either way, JaS, thanks!

:tears:tears:

Jas. You know me more than anyone else. You're my twin in many aspects.

I will be here waiting for you. I greatly appreciate all the help you gave me, and the marvilous Jas 10.4.7 iso you gave me along some of the others in the private seed. If it wasn't for you and people like you I wouldn't of lasted so long here.

I understand many ignorants are around this project. But we need to keep working hard and reach our goal one day.

I wish you the best and will be here if you need me along with the others that are with you.

Team Jas lives on !

Team ATI/X1600

Jas, how do i apply the ppf for your dvd, XD, i hate those questions, damn n00bs. Anyways thanks for all the work you have doen (not that i use ur release anyways :(),

I hope this means u will not be leaving us forever (ie in the IRC) casue if u do, i'll have no one to talk to.

Best Wishes

Well, what to say, now Jas, yesterday Omni, Maxxuss, tomorrow how knows. Soon all the guys will be gone, and the last will turn off the light leaving a bunch of ppl in the dark. Let's hope that out there will be ppl that will do things with Leopard. But I doubt. I know that is hard when you don't have any documentation, currently I am learning to play guitar, and I can find all kinds of things on the net about guitar playing everything is easy that way, all I need is determination, but these guys are playing with the world's best operating system without any light from good documentation. This is what I appreciate on you, Jas, Maxxuss, Omni and many others, they've learned to play with very abstract things in the dark.

Best wishes for everyone who made the impossible possible from a guy that is using your stuff out here in Romania.

Well, looks like I'm late to this party, but I guess that's appropriate since I was late to the OSx86 scene as well. (First encountered it via a Myzar 10.4.4 install DVD.)

Just wanted to say that I'm sorry to see you go. You did a lot of good work, and I really appreciate all of it. As a programmer (albeit, an amateur one), I know how hard it can be to create software. But I know that it's a LOT HARDER to modify somebody else's code without screwing things up. So, cheers on a job well done, and I wish you all the best.

JaS good luck for the future. I hope that you have the same success with all your ventures as you have had OSX86 (I have a copy of all your releases and they have all worked perfectly). Another of the greats has left us soon all we will have left is the noobs screaming "why doesn't my hardware work?" this really is a sad day. JaS once again best of luck for the future and please dont be a stranger here or at hackint0sh you will be sorely missed.

jrsdead

JaSser, Thank you. I have all your releases. You have helped us a lot and *nobody* can take that away. In the freedom of the forum, the small, petty, thankless (probably stupid) people feel it's OK to make childish demands and shytte on the makers like you who are benefactors of all of us who don't have the gifts or persistence to work on the scale that you do. If the asses would just do a search, they would see how much you have put into helping the forum, but that wouldn't show how many hours you put in building your stuff for all to use, and supporting it. Being taken for granted is nearly the worst.

Old Irish saying from my dad: "All these jerks put together wouldn't make even a patch on JaS' ass.

General Joe Stillwell said: Illigitimus Non Carborundum (Don't let the bastards grind you down!)

This forum (and my Hackintosh) are much better because you were here. This is the most fun I've had with computers in years! THanks again!!

It gets from bad to worse if the n00bs send PMs. Forum threads, maybe you can ignore, but there are other ways that people find out to bug a dude. I gave up my own release way back under different reasons and circumstances but I can speak for anyone who still continued the release that this job can get really tedious.

Man, what can I say?

The first time I saw the x86 working here was on your 10.4.3 release.

Since then It´s the first release I try to install when there is a new version out there.

But, some wants more than we can give!

You´ve done a nice job!

THANKS!

Well After this last release I just can't read another post of ppl complaining about some small issue they could fix themselves.I am just f***ing over this whole thing,

The fun is goneThis was my last release.

Later,

JaS

:D You have serious anger problems , not everybody haves an Einstein mind like yours , many just want Mac OS cause Windows sux myself included , tired of Windows crashes and Send info this and that , tired of formating , cant buy a Mac Pro cause is too expensive plus my PC is not even a year old.

I know im new in this comunity , but i dont doubt that you were one of the many that helped OSx86 to be where it is now , and Thank You.

And yes i still cant run Mac OS X natively , im using it in vmware.

:D You have serious anger problems , not everybody haves an Einstein mind like yours , many just want Mac OS cause Windows sux myself included , tired of Windows crashes and Send info this and that , tired of formating , cant buy a Mac Pro cause is too expensive plus my PC is not even a year old.

I know im new in this comunity , but i dont doubt that you were one of the many that helped OSx86 to be where it is now , and Thank You.

And yes i still cant run Mac OS X natively , im using it in vmware.

You don't GET IT.

People like you are the reason everyone has left. You "just want Mac OS", but you never want to put any work into it yourself! This forum has 44,901 members. How many of them have contributed to the OS X hacking efforts?

About 25-30, maybe?

That's less than 1% of the members.

Something tells me that there is something desperately wrong there.

Why has less than 1% of our community built it up?

I'm completely serious here. Why? Why don't more people do work? Learn how to hack a little? Learn how to READ THE F***ING MANUAL?

That's why JaS left. Nobody around here wants to help. They just want results, without lifting their own god damn fingers.

It's disgusting.

Another sad day for hackintosh comunity !!!

First, Tanks Jas - for your beautiful work that you have done until now ! For me, your dvd's have been the best !

Secons, for the people that complayn about not working OSX , buy a real mac, or try Myzar dvd's !!!!! Common guys, this people done all this work on they free time, for nothing, only from passion !!!!! So a little respect it is what they are deserving !!!!!

JaS, hope that you will reconsider your decision, After all, even Steve Jobs have take a breack from Apple, and now is beck, more powerfull that ever !

Anyway, tanks again, and I hope that you will have succes in whatever you will do next !

JaS, retirement not equaling death, i thought i'd tell you about the program below, in this thread, in case you also take a break from IRC.

at the very least you'll peruse this growing memorial thread. i know i would! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------

check this out if you experience withdrawal. :D

ConvertMake, xnu source to xcode project conversion (sounds good yes?)

ConvertMake, is an Open Source, Universal Binary that converts command line builds to projectbuilder/xcode builds.

i used the ppc version long ago. it worked as advertised. this might be a powerful resource for kernel hacking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

sincerely, quixos, denial expert