Good Bye

JaS

195 posts in this topic

Well JaS,uve done a great job.I hope u take this time to refresh urself and come back in time when Leopard releases.The Hackintosh community needs u

Dont take the few idiotic jerks seriously....I guess it is a part of Life.For Example see what Bill Gates has to go through..He is definitely one of the father figures of Technology,but is yet ridiculed,even by college kids..!!

All it shows is that ur damn famous...! Lucky guy...I wish I were u...

Anyway,hope to see u active when leopard releases...

Cheers

Subramanyam

You've been a great member of this community and an all around good guy. Even if you don't release anything else, be sure to stick around. You're always welcomed here.

EDIT: While I closed this thread to prevent any noob complaining posts (which tend to happen in threads like this), several people wanted me to reopen it. So reopen it I shall. :blink:

EDIT: While I closed this thread to prevent any noob complaining posts (which tend to happen in threads like this), several people wanted me to reopen it. So reopen it I shall. :D

Thanks Mash.

And anyone who posts anything negative....well...just ignore them. Lets all thank JaS. Yes, everyone can install OSX by following a few...or not so few...instructions, but thanks to JaS' dedication, everyone could install it by just inserting a DVD.

And for anyone who felt that it was pointless, since it didnt work for you...remember, OSX was made by Apple, FOR Apple. Its not supposed to run on anything EXCEPT and Apple. It's amazing that Jas, Maxxuss and the many others who spent their time, were able to get something that would work at all.

Thanks to them.

Cheers!

I can understand your feeling of an overwhelming amount of people complaining...

However I must say because of your work and others here I've learned a lot and can fix or figure out most things...so thank you....

Like other people said, take a break....become a recluse but don't stop doing the work because the work you do is great!

you'll be like the Dave Chappelle of OSx86 :(

Farewell my friend. It was a blast the first few months and you were a great asset to the community. It's sad to see you go, but I know you are on your way to greener pasture. Just don't be a stranger and forget to drop in once in a while and tell us what you're up to and how you've been.

God speed JaS...

JaS, you are simply the best!

Its unfortunate that the good has to suffer for the bad.

BTW, I concur with everything spaz said in his post.

I knew absolutely nothing about OSX and you (and spaz) have thought me everything I know.

You have been patient, understanding and extremely helpful.

10.4.7 installed in a breeze. Thanks a mil for all your time and effort.

I certainly hope you will reconsider.

I wish you all the best in your endeavours my friend.

Amethat aka Arko.

You've been a great member of this community and an all around good guy. Even if you don't release anything else, be sure to stick around. You're always welcomed here.

Hi Jas,

first it would like to congratulate you for its work in helping me

and to other user of hackintosh....

later saying that I understand its point of view, is not easy make a "job" and

strengtheing and to receive you criticize,

what to say and NOT IT DISCOURAGES!

as people exist who speak badly of its DVD, the ones exist that like

and depend on it.

one more time very obliged for its work.... good luck.

yours truly,

One more :P HAPPY user of Jas's DVD :angel:

guedes jr

BTW: i dont talk English, some i use a Sherlock for translate this. here a original msg in Portuguese.

Ola Jas,

primeiro gostaria de parabenizar voce pelo seu trabalho em me ajudar e a outros usuarios dos hackintosh.

depois falar que entendo o seu ponto de vista.

nao e facil se esforçar e receber criticas, o que falar, e NAO DESANIME!

como existem pessoas que falam mal do seu DVD, existem as que gostam e dependem dele.

mais uma vez muito obrigado pelo seu trabalho....

boa sorte.

atenciosamente

guedes jr

You walked on water and some comlain that you got your feet wet. Ignore them. Take a break youv'e earned it.

Good luck at your next venture I am sure you will do outstanding what ever it is.

Hope to see you back some day.

Here's to JaS! Though I don't know you, I know what you've done, and for that I thank you.

I'd wish you good luck in the future, but people like yourself have a tendency to create their own future so here's to you!

Don't be a stranger, though, stick around. You never know... you might actually .... miss us or something.

p.s. You could always change your name on the forum and become a n00b like me, then you'd get to avoid everybody you don't want to talk to, yet you could fill in your friends about your new name.

p.s.s If everybody else is still reading at this point, don't give away my secret tip, that's for JaS only

I wanted to say a few things:

Although I didn't join this forum until Jan 06, I've been reading things in the forum since Oct 05. I started with the deadmoo image on an older Thinkpad T40. I upgraded it with the 10.4.3 userland update. That was fun.

My biggest thrill however, was installing the Jas 10.4.3 8f1111 patched iso. A few things to edit, and the T40 had new life breathed in to it. I also had a 12" iBook which I gave to my daughter for university. With a broadcom pcmcia wireless card, I was happily mobile around the house, for this I offer many thanks to you JaS, and to other helpful members of the community.

I built 2 boxes with Pentium D (830 and 920), and on these I installed the Jas 10.4.3 8f1111 patched iso. Also with a little editing, everything was working well enough that life was good, again thanks JaS.

Later my brother wanted to buy a 20" Intel iMac, so I bought his used 20" iMac G5, because having a real Apple machine around, is a good thing, for me at least.

Then I installed the Jas 10.4.6 to both the built machines, and these machines ran even better, again, thank you JaS.

After many years (too many to count, through System 370 MVS/VM, Unix, Windows, Linux, oops showing my age), with the help of the JaS dvds, I have been able to test and use an operating system, that works, does everything I need, and is fun to use.

To that end, I also purchased myself a macbook pro, and when work offered to upgrade my laptop, I got a macbook, to the disdain of the IT group, ha, too bad.

I now have the 10.4.7 JaS dvd, and am planning to install it on my 2 pentium D boxes. I'm sure it will be even better then the previous releases.

From an old fart like me, to you JaS, many many thanks for all the hard work, and making my computing life a piece of cake.

cheers

It is a sad day when someone in our community who has worked so hard leaves us.

I suppose I can't bring much of anything new to the table when I say I understand your reasons, and yes, the newbie’s becoming very unfriendly can easily derail any development effort.

JaS, you will be missed, and we hope to still see you around IRC talking about things not even remotely related to osx86. I have personally enjoyed talking with you a great deal over the last 6 months or so.

I think I can say this for the entire team here at OSx86 Project, and on behalf of all of the users who have benefited from your releases, "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"

group hug?

Fully agree, Jas, you made my dream come true to run natively mac os on my pc, thank you very much for that. It would be sad, if you really leave the seen, i can understand thats quiet hard, when lots of people asking annoying questitons over and over again or even grouch at you, because they're too lazy to read the wiki or use the forums search. i know such people from university, they're very annoying, so please, stand over them, and stay...

dump the lazy people!

Jas,

I'm sorry to see you go. Thank you for all the hard work you put into getting things working for us, I don't know if I'd have been able to get a working Hackintosh without your releases. I hope you will be able to come back some day when what ever precipitated this has been dealt with!

--bornagainpenguin