Good Bye

JaS

195 posts in this topic

Well After this last release I just can't read another post of ppl complaining about some small issue they could fix themselves.I am just f***ing over this whole thing,

The fun is goneThis was my last release.

Later,

JaS

i can easily understand...in my case the 10.4.6 JAS DVD is really cool : maybe because i have an Intel CPU!

anyway Myzar will take care of 10.4.8 i hope...

Good job my friend!

I hope we will have a AGPart working for our X1600 :))

take care

I can't blame you at all.

I would like to take this chance to say a huge thank you for all the work, effort, time, sweat and errr, well, prolly no tears, you have put in over the last year or so. You have single handedly made the entire osx86 experience easy and a joy. And then, after creating the easy installs, you spent so many hours giving support to every tom, {censored} and {censored} who had trouble. Support no one could get from a company where you paid for their product!

You have given a great service to the community.

Alas, so many people are a) lazy :) morons c) {censored} and have no ability at all to do anything themselves, and its apparent it has taken its toll on you.

Chin up, and remember, so many of us appreciate all you have done. Apple....would be lucky to have you on their team.

Thanks again, and best of luck.

I can understand that but you forget that for 100 guys that don't know what to do and scream, you have thousands of guys that enjoy your work greatly. One screaming guy make more noise then 1000 guys in silence. don't listen to this screaming guy. think about the other 1000 In silence respecting you.

As alwasys thx for your work.

JaS, you're gonna be greatly missed. And I wished it was April 1st... I guess you really mean it.

I'd be super if there were a way to preserve your accumulated "unpublished" knowledge of OSx86.

I myself learned a lot about OSx86 scene and I am trying to figure out on my own how Maxxuss did it to begin with. How you do it. How Semjaza does it, etc. I think it is because of DRM why those stuff aren't published.

Good luck on your new endeavor... (hmmm... Leopard???)

Thx Jas for all the hard work and effort to the OSX project. Wishes you all the best for whatever you wanted to do in your life. Though it had only been 3 months since I joined the Hackintosh community, it had been the one of the best experiment I had in my entire life, once again, thx. :)

JaS

Sorry to see you go. Every single person here is better off for all of your efforts. There are far, far more people who appreciate your work than the few whiners and complainers.

Heck, you are even commemorated in Wikipedia under OSx86.

Take a break, rest up and maybe you will get the urge to return.

Best of luck to you, and thank you!

U make great work and because of your work, i desided to build a Hackintosh, and to buy an ibook.

dont listen to some *****g kids screaming, listen to the big community behind you, accolading your great releases!

anyway, i wish you all the best for you and say THANK YOU!

i will wait for your return...

lg

Mikemad

Come on, JaS, you cannot leave just because of some idiots (who btw have been always around). You cannot really doubt that your work is appreciated - for sure it is (just read all these signatures with your name). And I think you do not do what you do just for being praised - don't you like creating these little osx86-things which have the power to change (digital) life totally for some people?

So if you do not like doing that anymore - ok, then it is time to leave. But if you think you have to leave because of some complaints...no, neither you nor we could win anything from such a decision.

So it is quite easy...stay and carry on :)

oh no

not another one

i cant believe that you go

please take a rest and think to all over again

we lost omni and now you :)

JaS very sorry to hear that. Even though I couldn't get your 10.4.7 release working (I have that lovely x200 chipset), I still thought it was a beautiful install package. Definitly one of the better releases I have seen. Well good luck in your future endeavors, and if you are ever in Orlando, would be happy to buy you a beer...well if you are over 21 that is :-p

aw geez this isnt about the smb thing is it?

come on, nobody is attacking you here, we all love the discs.

if you've genuinely had enough of the scene, or at least making releases, fine, but dont storm off in the huff, man.

group hug?

/copy and paste all of what Spaz wrote here/ :)

JaS you've been a great guy and a huge help to pretty much everyone. Stupid brain dead people (or "non #hackintosh" to use the short term) exist everywhere unfortunately and you've had to deal with and be more patient with them than most for the longest time now. Thanks for all the hard work, bandwidth and personal help with my `temperamental` AMD machine. Feel proud of what you've done. You deserve to.

(Hell I even came back here for this!) :D

All the best. You know where to find us. :D

We were just discussing this sort of thing a short time ago in the IRC channel. I was recalling how I got slammed when I put test3 and Release1 out there with bender's assistance. I took the frontman position, however, and handled the emails, support requests (to the best of my ability) and anything else I could do on IRC or in PMs/IMs, etc.

It just gets to be too much after a while, and I decided to "drop ship" and run, so to speak. I left the community a few weeks after Release1 was finalized and out there, but I couldn't come back for a while - it was just too much signing onto IRC and getting slammed with 40-50 PMs at once. I got put on a ton of people's /notify lists and couldn't even begin to chat with friends or whoever for long periods of time.

I can understand where it comes from, JaS, so I'll just wish you the best and thank you for all the work you put in. I'm running .7 now thanks to your update, no issues that I've noted aside from the QE/CI thing but that's because it's an old POS laptop, what can I say.

If I had the money, I'd buy you an MBP of your choice. Maybe someday I will, who knows. :)

Thanks...

Well this is my first post and i'd just like to thank you Jas for all you've contributed to the OSX86 effort.

i downloaded your DMG ( what was the big deal with it being a dmg instead of an ISO any way) ,burned it

with disk utility and installed it last night. works like a charm .. on a amd4200 x2 64.

It is a shame that those who can do are never appreciated by those who cannot/willnot do.

Thank's for all Jas !

Also thanks for your hard work. I appreciate it very much!

I can understand that you are fed up with negative reactions of people who complain about stupid things. Who don’t take any effort to work out things for themselves.

Hi JaS,

It's a pity if you are leaving cause of some of us.

You've fathered thousands of jMac whom are appreciating a lot your work and stay silencious.

I've really appreciated all your work, your last release is very very fast.

Most of your jMacs are future switchers (they've already switched in their head), may be you are the best Apple seller...

Best regards and good luck,

Lion

i can fully understand him...

He wasted a lot of his free time, to make the images running for most hardware who´s avaiable....

i don´t wanna know how many pm´s he got here in the forum, the statements on the different torrent sides are 50/50 nice/annoying..

I see it on our irc channel..JaS arrives and became spammed by a lot of ppl who are just TO lazy to look the wiki, this forum or just google....

If it works, he´s the Hero 4 the masses, but if not, and this is not really his fault, the ppl became sometimes very unfriendly :blink: ....like JaS HAVE to do something to make it work for them...

but, ppl...he do it as a hobby, i guess the biggest fun for him is to see this hacked OS, nearly perfected by him, running on a lot of Hackis...

Some ppl don´t understand that he didn´t became payed for it, that they didn´t registered or buyed this OS, but they ORDER him sometimes to give support....

This will kill the passion on such big projects...;(

Everyone who made something great for free, know this problem, i´m sure....

if da ppl use to inform first..than try to install, and try to solve their problems for themself FIRST looking forums, google and used her brain...this is the way they have to do...not install, get a kernel panic and order JaS to solve it....(How often i read in the irc logs "Whats this grey screen with the circeling beachball?" Its a damned Kernel Panic...myself gave this answer 100times....

it kills the passion, cause we (i just support, to create something like JaS did, me´s too stupid :whistle: hehe) know..we just work for the lazy ppl..everyone have to do his on work on the Project..and if its just combining some threads here...

Sorry to read it Jas, but i can understand...i hope to see u still on irc...talking about trucks :D or the weather on both sides of the world hehe..

make a holiday, relax as hell...

bye,

codo

Jas, you have done amazing work.

You haven't any obligation to answer to the lot of support requests, complainings, etc.

I suggest you that if, after have thought twice about your decision, decide to keep on doing something for this great community, make a big disclaimer with any of your releases stating :

WARNING : THIS RELEASE IS IN YOUR SOLE RESPONSABILITY. I'LL DON'T ANSWER TO ANY SUPPORT / DOWNLOAD LINK / BUG / WHATEVER REQUEST, IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY RELEASE READ THE FORUM OR GO TO HELL, I DON'T CARE ANY MORE.

If you do that, you'll have peace of mind to work on other projects / appreciate a good beer with errandwolfe, and finally realizing that life and osx86 isn't so bad, after all...

Why let some small minds deter you for creating and helping thousands who really appreciate what you have done for the OSx86 communities. Yours is a work that we will greatly missed if you call it a day. Take a week off to get rid of all the bad feelings.

We really hope that you will be back to continue on with what you have been doing so splendidly.

Hats off to you.