Acer 532h netbook

pimutje

1 post in this topic

Alright so first off, i am kind off a noob in hackintoshes, i just folow instructions as they are given so if you have any questions what so ever, i will do my best to answer them but i am not a miracle worker like most of you guy's here on the forum.

Specifications of my Acer Netbook:

CPU: Intel Atom N450, 1,66GHz (Pineview M)

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

Soundcard: Realtek ALC272

networkcard LAN: Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)

WLAN: Atheros AR5B95 Wireless Network Adapter

what works and what doesnt?

Works:

- Trackpad, keyboard

- Sound

- Webcam

- GPU (Videocard) on 1024x600

Does NOT work:

- Wifi

i resolved the wifi problem with a little wifi adapter from sitecom, for just 20€ you can have wifi on this machine because the wifi card is not supported what so ever on this machine.

What do you need?

What u need is a external DVD player (or player&writer) to boot the startup disc. I bought a Samsung external dvd writer and player with boot options. So i was sure it would boot up from the actual dvd player.

What u also need is a IAtkos 3 v2 (10.6.3) instalation disc. Just head on over to thepiratebay and grab the right version.

What i also used was Netbook installer, u can pick that one up from merklort's blog.

So first things first,

- Burn the image file (IAtkos) on a DVD, use imageburn or any other ISO burning software

- boot up your Netbook as you normally would but now when it boots press F2.

- in the boot menu make sure the USB CD boot option is on top, so it actually boots in the CD.

- then save and exit.

- Restart you machine but now with the external dvd drive plugged in (with the IAtkos dvd inserted)

The install part 1:

- it will take some time for the dvd to boot up, just give it some time, it took me about 15minutes.

- when the first screen pops up just select your language and proceed.

- then in the top bar u have some options, select the "utilities" option and then select disc utility.

- in disc utility u have some options, first select your preffered disc on the left side of the screen.

- Look in the middle of the "utility" it should have a little button with "Erase" on it. Before you click it make sure mac extended journalled is selected in the dropdown menu, now Click it!

- Then just erase the disc. And to make sure it workes, go to the disc aid option, and verify the disk. If everything goes well, ur disc is now ready.

- exit out of disk utility

The instal part 2:

- Click continue on the install screen,

- select the disk u just erased in the disk utility option.

- click the little costumize button in the lower left corner of your screen.

- now it gets tricky, u need to select the right kexts in order to make it all work.

- keep the defaults active and just add the folowing:

BOOT -BOOT

ASEREBLN

BOOT OPTIONS

32BITS

GRAPHICS ENABLERS

ETHERNET BUILTIN

PATCHES

CREATE EXTRA

FAKESMC

DISABLER DISABLED

RTC

KERNELS

KERNEL ATOM

EVO REBOOT

SLEEP ENABLER

UUID

SATA-IDE DRIVERS

SATA AHCI

SOUND

VOODOHDA

PS2

APPLEPS2

POWER MANAGER

VOODO POWER

LAPTOP HARD

BATTERY

VGA

INTEL

EFI STRING

GMA950 27AE

Now your ready to install!

- this will take about... 40 minutes (or at least it took me 40 minutes, so go wath some tv or go outside for a change ;) )

Further instalations:

- as u might have noticed, the resolution sucks ATM. So we are going to fix that.

- Put the netbook installer on a USB flashdrive and plug it into your netbook.

- open the netbook installer and select the disk u installed macosx on.

- press the run bottun (or install button or whatever, i forgot)

- this will take about 10 minutes and when it is done u need to restart your pc.

Restart and...

- as you might have noticed by now the bootscreen has changed, no biggie that is the netbook installer doing it's thing.

- if you get somekind of weird restart screen, just restart. This is a little glitch i wasnt able to resolve yet.

- now you have your mac with a good resolution!!!

The only thing that isnt working is your wifi, just buy a little external wifi dongle and your ready, but DO MAKE SURE that the wifi dongle is mac osx 10.4(and up) compatible.

at the moment i am very happy with what i accieved as a first class noob.

i hope this helped u ( a little )

i thank you for your time and if you have anything to add, please do so.

Kind regards,

Pimutje