Here is my pci dump:
00:00.0 Host bridge : Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family DRAM Controller [8086:0104] (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller : Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0116] (rev 09)
00:16.0 Communication controller : Intel Corporation 6 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 [8086:1c3a] (rev 04)
00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 6 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 [8086:1c2d] (rev 05)
00:1b.0 Audio device : Intel Corporation 6 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:1c20] (rev 05)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 6 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 [8086:1c10] (rev b5)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 6 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 2 [8086:1c12] (rev b5)
00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 6 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 [8086:1c26] (rev 05)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge : Intel Corporation HM65 Express Chipset Family LPC Controller [8086:1c49] (rev 05)
00:1f.2 SATA controller : Intel Corporation 6 Series Chipset Family 6 port SATA AHCI Controller [8086:1c03] (rev 05)
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 6 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller [8086:1c22] (rev 05)
00:1f.6 Signal processing controller : Intel Corporation 6 Series Chipset Family Thermal Management Controller [8086:1c24] (rev 05)
02:00.0 Network controller : Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter [10ec:8176] (rev 01)
04:00.0 Ethernet controller : Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8168] (rev 06)
Using the method described, below, I am able to get QE/CI with the onboard Intel HD 3000, 64 bit legacy kernel (10.6.0), unusable sound (scratchy, garbled), full bluetooth, no wifi, no HDMI out, no power management, battery support, speedstep or sleep. I believe that, aside from the wifi card in this machine, it should be possible to get this machine fully operational and I will attempt to do that in this thread. We need to survey various kexts, work on DSDT patches, work on bootloader patches to add support for the 2630QM processor and HM65 chipset, so that we can load the sandy bridge kernel, and so forth.
Others with similar builds based on the HM65 Chipset should join in, as it will be a very similar procedure to get those machines working.
Baseline to get a working system with QE/CI:
1) Use ##### Legacy (google to find this) to install from a retail 10.6.3 OSX disk. You must use the parameter busratio=20 when booting (EDIT: 2635QM is 8 or 9, 2630QM is 20 http://ark.intel.com...t.aspx?id=52219 )
2) Upgrade to 10.6.6 using the combo update (downloaded from apple's website). Restart (boot again with ##### legacy)
3) Make a copy of /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext (put it someplace safe)
4) Upgrade to 10.6.7 using the MacbookPro Early 2011 updater (see http://tonymacx86.bl....arly-2011.html ) To do this, follow these steps:
-- 4.1) Install the AnVAL bootloader ( http://www.insanelym...howtopic=216726 )
-- 4.2) Copy the ##### /Extras directory ( cp -R /Volume/#####/Extra /Extra ) - Please note that this will result in the use of the legacy (10.6.0) kernel and the bundled kexts with ##### legacy
-- 4.3) Update the smbios.plist and edit the System Information (the link above on the tonymacx86 site goes over how to do this as a prerequisite for upgrading to 10.6.7)
-- 4.4) Reboot (start using ##### legacy disk, again).
-- 4.5) Upgrade to 10.6.7 as per the instructions on tonymacx86 site (URL above)
-- 4.4) Don't reboot after upgrading to 10.6.7
5) Move the 10.6.7 IOPCIFamily.kext file to somewhere safe and copy back the 10.6.6 IOPCIFamily.kext, in it's place. This was necessary for me because of lock-ups in the boot process where the log shows "[ PCI configuration begin ]" messages. The new sandy bridge IOPCIFamily.kext file cannot recognize the PCI device ids for the HM65 chipset, or something along those lines and chokes.
6) Install Kyle_C's boot file over the AnVal boot file (see this post: http://www.insanelym...hp...&p=1679200 )
7) Edit the com.apple.boot.plist and change the kernel parameters to "arch=i386 busratio=20 -force64"
7) Reboot - FULL QE/CI on HD 3000, 2630QM i7 SandyBridge
Notes: If you have a different processor, your busratio may be different. Please report your findings here.
PLEASE NOTE: I do not have time to educate on the basics of hackintoshing, if you don't understand parts of these instructions, please google around - all of these things are explained many times over in other postings on this site
I have compiled my own version of Chimera (bootloader with Sandy Bridge support) with modifications to the bus speed for mobile sandy bridge chips, as well as a default smbios that clones the macbook pro 2011 8,2 sandy bridge profile. This bootloader also incorporates Kyle_C's changes to allow Intel HD to work. This is attached.
Unfortunately, I still get an immediate reset when I attempt to boot into the 2011 Macbook Pro Sandy Bridge kernel.