New Dell Portable Workstation arrivals

3 posts in this topic

Details have started to filter out over the past week of the new Dell Precision mobile workstations M4600 and M6600:

http://www.dell.com/content/products/compa...;l=en&s=pad

I am certainly a little interested in the 15" offering and the 100% Adobe RGB rendering is most attactive since I spend most of my time in front of a camera or Aperture.

As you can see from my signature I've some what dated however not antiquated software but definetly been away from this scene for a while....

I guess that this might be the hardware that does need looking in to with respect to osx86:

Chipset: Mobile Intel®  QM67 Express

Graphics Cards:

AMD FirePro M5950 Mobility Pro with 1GB GDDR5 dedicated memory

This should work easily since according to this website this GPU is based on the Radeon HD 6770M which is in the new iMac

Not sure about NVIDIA these days though:

NVIDIA Quadro 1000M with 2GB GDDR3 dedicated memory

NVIDIA Quadro 2000M with 2GB GDDR3 dedicated memory

Wired: Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet

Wireless LAN and WiMax:

Intel Centrino®  Advanced -N + WiMAX 6250

Intel Centrino®  Ultimate-N 6300 3x3

Dell Wireless 1501 (802.11 b/g/n 1x1)

Bluetooth: Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth®  3.0

• 6 months later...

Any updates on this? I have an HP EliteBook 8560w and I'm trying to figure out which kexts to use. It has very similar components to the ones here, including the same Mobile Intel® QM67 Express chipset and AMD FirePro M950 Mobility Pro with 1GB GDDR5 dedicated memory video card.

I was able to get Lion installed using the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method, but no luck on video drivers (I'm stuck at 1024x768). I also have no sound and no wifi among other issues, but I just want to tackle it one step at a time.

If anybody has any insight I would be most grateful!