11 replies to this topic

calebcaudill

calebcaudill

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Photography<br />Computers<br />
Hey all, I just bought the me a new netbook and I'm wanting to run OSX on it. Does anyone know if it's possible and can point me in the direction to a good tutorial? Any info is appreciated. Specs are below. Thanks (=

Acer Aspire One D255E
Intel Atom N455 Processor (1.66ghz, 512KB cache)
1GB DDR3 Memory
Integrated graphics
Webcam

Getintothegame

Getintothegame

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Hey all, I just bought the me a new netbook and I'm wanting to run OSX on it. Does anyone know if it's possible and can point me in the direction to a good tutorial? Any info is appreciated. Specs are below. Thanks (=

Acer Aspire One D255E
Intel Atom N455 Processor (1.66ghz, 512KB cache)
1GB DDR3 Memory
Integrated graphics
Webcam

Same question here. Any luck? It's been a while since I've messed around with OSX86 installs.

p0llution

p0llution

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Same question here. Any luck? It's been a while since I've messed around with OSX86 installs.

First of all you will need an iAtkos s3 usb (Google is your friend)
Guide: http://konteudos.info/?p=3296

Next you will need to use the Atom kernel provided in the DvD
Use the GMA 950
Apple Ps2
Voodoo HDA
Clamshell display support
Chameleon bootloader
Install WiFi and Ethernet using ##### (http://tonymacx86.bl...stallation.html)

Im not 100% sure just follow the regular d255 guide and things SHOULD work fine.
Always use atom kernel as atom processor does not support atom kernel since 10.6.2

Hope this helps :-) (im new to the forums but not to hackintoshing)

stasguy

stasguy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

First of all you will need an iAtkos s3 usb (Google is your friend)
Guide: http://konteudos.info/?p=3296

Next you will need to use the Atom kernel provided in the DvD
Use the GMA 950
Apple Ps2
Voodoo HDA
Clamshell display support
Chameleon bootloader
Install WiFi and Ethernet using ##### (http://tonymacx86.bl...stallation.html)

Im not 100% sure just follow the regular d255 guide and things SHOULD work fine.
Always use atom kernel as atom processor does not support atom kernel since 10.6.2

Hope this helps :-) (im new to the forums but not to hackintoshing)

Could you tell me where the regular d255 guide is? I searched here and on google, with little luck. Thanks!

airush

airush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi, Yes fully installed and working Snow Leopard 10.6.2 working on Acer D255e.
a few tips - replace the wifi card from ebay $6 {apple wifi airport replacment card wireless n}. {optional upgrade RAM 2GB - from Crucial - 2GB DDR3 PC3-10600}.

Download and install iportable_snow_x86 from pritebay.

And there you go fully functional mac..!

lemat2000

lemat2000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi, Yes fully installed and working Snow Leopard 10.6.2 working on Acer D255e.
a few tips - replace the wifi card from ebay $6 {apple wifi airport replacment card wireless n}. {optional upgrade RAM 2GB - from Crucial - 2GB DDR3 PC3-10600}.

Download and install iportable_snow_x86 from pritebay.

And there you go fully functional mac..!

Hi

I'm stuck with 800x600,
could you give more details of witch extention and manipulation you made to get it fully fonctionnal?

Many thanks

theducks

theducks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi

I'm stuck with 800x600,
could you give more details of witch extention and manipulation you made to get it fully fonctionnal?

Many thanks

This is my install guide for the D255E - http://www.insanelym...howtopic=261356

winterMOO

winterMOO

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i've got a 10.7.1 install working pretty good on the Acer 255e with the latest iAtkos L1 disc (i use an external USB dvd to boot it) and i am trial and erroring kexts and setups.

out of the box (start the installer with the "mach_atom -v" bootflags) the sound, keyboard works. Full resolution support.
Other than default install options checked also check: Atom Kernel, Voodoo Sound (newest only), CPU Throttling, PS2

Got the ethernet working with IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip (attached)

Got battery recognized finally with these kexts (modified for an Asus M51SN Lion of all things!): VoodoPower and battery (attached)

the trackpad i HAD working on a previous install with TRACKPAD.SYNAPTIC-GESTURE.zip i found here: http://www.kexts.com...do=file&id=1448 but i cannot seem to get it working now. I thought maybe it was because the 2nd time around i installed iAtkos with Chimera bootloader instead of Chameleon.. but I started from scratch and I still cant get it back. It was great too, you could multitouch swipe. :unsure:

i gave up on the crappy Broadcom 802.11n generic wifi card..
I bought a little Belkin N300 usb wifi, but I cant get it working. It's apparently supposed to work with with chipset RTL8192SU driver, but it isn't.

So still no wifi. But I may just replace the internal card if I cant get this usb one working.

Bought another generic Wi-Fi dongle usb, Netis WF-2111 (was like $13) - said Mac OS support on the box, came with it's own {censored} wi-fi program.. too bad, I don't get the Airport icon but my wi-fi now works!!

too bad about the GMA 3150 graphics in these d255e netbooks.. After exhaustive research it looks like it will never fully support QE/CI. It's still snappy enough to handle the UI with that extra gig of ram I put into it.

Guess I'll keep everyone posted on my findings.

EDIT: I've added my AppleACPIPlatform.kext, without which those battery kexts don't work.

EDIT: I have added a custom DSDT for the d255e. Rename it to "dsdt.aml", put into your Extras folder, reboot (use -v to verify that it picks up the DSDT, should come up right away on the first page of verbose output) Supposed to help with Sleep, possibly with SleepEnabler.kext after.. but I still haven't had any luck with it. Goes to sleep, but wakes itself up instantaneously back to the login box.

EDIT: After all that, I used the 10.7.2 combo update with no problems http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1459

WHAT'S MISSING STILL: Sleep, QE/CI support on the GMA3150 (haha), trackpad!!! >:angel:

Attached Files

SupaDupaJayden

SupaDupaJayden

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

i've got a 10.7.1 install working pretty good on the Acer 255e with the latest iAtkos L1 disc (i use an external USB dvd to boot it) and i am trial and erroring kexts and setups.

out of the box (start the installer with the "mach_atom -v" bootflags) the sound, keyboard works. Full resolution support.
Other than default install options checked also check: Atom Kernel, Voodoo Sound (newest only), CPU Throttling, PS2

Got the ethernet working with IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip (attached)

Got battery recognized finally with these kexts (modified for an Asus M51SN Lion of all things!): VoodoPower and battery (attached)

the trackpad i HAD working on a previous install with TRACKPAD.SYNAPTIC-GESTURE.zip i found here: http://www.kexts.com...do=file&id=1448 but i cannot seem to get it working now. I thought maybe it was because the 2nd time around i installed iAtkos with Chimera bootloader instead of Chameleon.. but I started from scratch and I still cant get it back. It was great too, you could multitouch swipe. :(

i gave up on the crappy Broadcom 802.11n generic wifi card..
I bought a little Belkin N300 usb wifi, but I cant get it working. It's apparently supposed to work with with chipset RTL8192SU driver, but it isn't.

So still no wifi. But I may just replace the internal card if I cant get this usb one working.

Bought another generic Wi-Fi dongle usb, Netis WF-2111 (was like $13) - said Mac OS support on the box, came with it's own {censored} wi-fi program.. too bad, I don't get the Airport icon but my wi-fi now works!!

too bad about the GMA 3150 graphics in these d255e netbooks.. After exhaustive research it looks like it will never fully support QE/CI. It's still snappy enough to handle the UI with that extra gig of ram I put into it.

Guess I'll keep everyone posted on my findings.

EDIT: I've added my AppleACPIPlatform.kext, without which those battery kexts don't work.

EDIT: I have added a custom DSDT for the d255e. Rename it to "dsdt.aml", put into your Extras folder, reboot (use -v to verify that it picks up the DSDT, should come up right away on the first page of verbose output) Supposed to help with Sleep, possibly with SleepEnabler.kext after.. but I still haven't had any luck with it. Goes to sleep, but wakes itself up instantaneously back to the login box.

EDIT: After all that, I used the 10.7.2 combo update with no problems http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1459

WHAT'S MISSING STILL: Sleep, QE/CI support on the GMA3150 (haha), trackpad!!! > :(

Could you post instructions on how you got iAtkos [ 10.7 ] to work on the D255E ?
Ive been having trouble with this and i dont know why, iAtkos S3 works fine, updated to 10.6.8 no worries etc. but when i try and install Lion [ with the L2 version ] about 15 minutes into the install i get an ' Install Failed ' window . I know its not the disc as i have installed onto an Aspire 7741g without fail. Its getting on my last nerve lol

airush

airush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Okay Tip, Screen resolution only operats at specs 800x600. Change the dock setting for the Dock to hide and all is ok...

After you have working copy of iPortable OSX to USB - OR- iAtkos S3_v2. InBios options change setting hear to AHCI / Ensure boot priority to first boot
USB=HDD / Be sure to use the Right side USB port (main port) to prove more successful/ Load USB; at Chameron load screen enter cpus =1 cpus=1 -v -F; Hit enter and should install.. Sometime it may seem that the install has stoped
running, don’t panic ,,,wait ,,, for Install to finish completly...Cool
Once OSX SL installed go to the Tool app Folder on the iPortable Drive,,, Find hear tool nned to assist with your install,,,
you may have to reboot from USB drive the first few times to correctly step-up the install to run more stable. (Time machine you stable install on to another drive) Done ;). Welcome to Mac world

airush

airush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Nice work WinterMOD,,, Like you,,,, I too had success with installing 10.7.1. USB With the help of iAtkos L1. I used -v -x -f mach_atom -F bootflags to get it going. The atom kernal is available in the customization part.

You need to ensure your using a good brand USB and that the BIOS recognizes it during boot sequence in order for USB install to work.

I would like to point out,, ensure NOT to panic when you arrive to the mac start-up screen at the beginning of the OS start up. As the system will ask for keyboard...??? as at first It doesn’t recognize the keyboard and track pad (this may take up to 20min to be recognized). Unknowingly I plugged in a mouse and keyboard during this step,, when I was about to insatll the kext for the trackpad and keyboard they just start to work before I go around to installing the kexts. I too came across a thread that referred to this occurrence. (OSX keyboard not working)... Have fun :thumbsup_anim:

airush

airush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Ok for stable and reliable install I found this method best 1st: DVD boot iAtkos S3v2 2:nd Customise iAktos install eg: BootLoader \\ PATCHES---> /extra Directory, fakesmc, Disabler,\\Modified Kernels---> Atom Kernel \\ DRIVERS \\ MAINHARDWARE \\ SATA/DIE--->achisata\\ PS/2---> Voodoo PS/2 \\ CPU POWER MANAGMENT---> Voodoo P-States\\ LAPTOP HARDWARE ---> Battery,Card reader, tsc sync \\ Network "Suitable kext" as replacment wifi PCI.
3rd:Install,,,,,,,,,, You'll need a USB kayboard and mouse to continue.... 4th: Boot -v there could be pauses of 7-20min per pauses tapping enter key 2-3time helps quicken the process too,,,,during install. 4th: Once loaded__ Download 10.6.7 combo update from apple web site here http://support.apple.com/kb/ install +30mins DON'T RESTART YET..! Download Netbook installer too,,hear http://code.google.c...book-installer/ Install 1-15min. Once netbook installed is complete Click restart on update. 5th: Boot -v -f -F Happy Now..... :thumbsup_anim:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy