Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:57 PM
Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:00 PM
I Installed the newer Intel Graphics Kext and It freezes here
Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:06 PM
OR... what kexts do you need to remove to get past the KP
Ok, I got it installed and reinstalled the stuff, Im using the i3's integrated graphics and I got this. What kexts do I need to install
but before that, can you boot in safe mode?
Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:28 AM
Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:16 AM
Try the following:
I can fully boot in safe mode but cant see anything but a bunch of colors and noise on the screen
- boot into single user mode
- do the usual file system check and re-mounting of root directory and all as read/write
- make a backup directory at root
- go to /S/L/E
- move appleintelhdgraphics.kext (and/or the other intel graphics kexts) to the backup directory
- rebuild your startup extensions.mkext
You should be able to boot normally but without any graphics kext. Then start looking for the suitable graphics kext (if there is one).
Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:21 AM
Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:04 AM
No worries mate. What laptop is it? Intel GMA 5700 graphics?
It worked! Appreciate it so much man.
Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:38 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users