Help with Dell 1525 Welcome screen loop.

haloman02

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I have installed IPC 10.5.6 onto my Dell 1525 upon boot I get a Welcome Video which lags and after i put all my information it goes back to the video and process all over. So what I read was to press f8 for boot options and to boot with "-s" flag I did so and i did everything I was told now Im in Leopard as Root, My problem lies where my system is very slow/laggy and i cant use any apps not even system preferences so that i may make another account. Terminal works and so does kext helper but thats about it.

Thanks in Advance,

Daily blogged has complete instructions on how to install both Leopard and Snow Leopard. I try not to direct people away from the forums but they not only have good instructions but they answer questions as well. Google Daily blogged and they can help you out. I personally would install Leopard using iDeneb 1.4, I had success with that distro.

Daily blogged has complete instructions on how to install both Leopard and Snow Leopard. I try not to direct people away from the forums but they not only have good instructions but they answer questions as well. Google Daily blogged and they can help you out. I personally would install Leopard using iDeneb 1.4, I had success with that distro.

Thanks for the response, I was following his guide with hopes that I could then be able to Install Snow Leopard following his Other guide but I need to have Leopard first I will try Ideneb instead of IPC and will report back on how it goes. Should I use the same customize options though?

Thanks for the response, I was following his guide with hopes that I could then be able to Install Snow Leopard following his Other guide but I need to have Leopard first I will try Ideneb instead of IPC and will report back on how it goes. Should I use the same customize options though?

Just for an experiment, try booting with -x. This isn't a permanent solution but if it helps it says that there is a kext or two causing the problem.

If you reinstall, in Customize, choose only the options you are sure you will need. Choosing too many may set up conflicts.

I downloaded and Installed IDeneb, the install goes smootly but when I boot up it doesnt go into leopard just get the apple logo with a black box telling me to restart, so when i boot with -v i noticed it sais that there is no os installed. I hope you might be able to shed some light on this thanks.

Just for an experiment, try booting with -x. This isn't a permanent solution but if it helps it says that there is a kext or two causing the problem.

If you reinstall, in Customize, choose only the options you are sure you will need. Choosing too many may set up conflicts.

Thanks, Ive tried that multiple times.

Sounds like you don't have the correct drivers for you chipset. I'll have to check my notes to see what specific options I chose.

If you can, give a pic of the errors you get on the -v boot, and what options you chose under customize. A complete list of the specs of your machine won't hurt either.

One last thing, you can try booting with -v -x -f although that likely won't help it doesn't hurt to try.

Sounds like you don't have the correct drivers for you chipset. I'll have to check my notes to see what specific options I chose.

If you can, give a pic of the errors you get on the -v boot, and what options you chose under customize. A complete list of the specs of your machine won't hurt either.

One last thing, you can try booting with -v -x -f although that likely won't help it doesn't hurt to try.

Sorry, for the late reply I changed my Hard Drive to AHCI and it installed and booted up smoothly. The Main Issue Now is that if it kernel panics for any reason, it becomes really slow after that. The first time I got a Kernel Panics was when I connected a usb flash drive. It became so slow I had to reinstall second time I installed a Driver for my wifi card Intel Pro/set 4965 so im in the process of reinstalling now.

The Only Options Im choosing are :

ICHx Fixed

Network wifi Broadcom 43xx

FireWire Remove

IOUSBFamilyFix

kexthelper

Ive also Noticed my Ethernet doesnt work.