Mac OS X on Sony Vaio

filipg96

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

Can I install Mac OS X on my Sony Vaio VPCEB2Z1E notebook ? Intel I5 M 430 CPU, 4 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5650 Graphics.

Please help me.

PS: Sorry for my English, i learn yet.

Hi, I have Sony Vaio VGN-FZ21M ... it have some different hardware, but i have succefully installed Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on it.

You can try with Snow Leopard Retail DVD and nawcom BootCD (like EmpireEFI)

http://prasys.info/2010/10/nawcoms-bootcd-...r-to-empireefi/

First boot with BootCD (nawcom) , then insert SL retail DVD and load it.

Then install SL as GUID o MBR (if you have Winzoz on notebook and you want dual boot it).

At the End re-insert BootCD and now load SL from installed HD ...

Now install all the necessary stuffs to make HD bootable without BootCD ( EXTRA Kexts and EFI loader) from BootCD . It's all in a Post-installation Folder.

That's it ...

CPU, ATI Radeon HD 5650, sound card should work OOB.

Wireless Card and webcam should not ...

I mean ( i have Wifi intel PRO 3945 - so there is'n yet any Kext for it ...) do it's depend on what HW you have ...

Give us a feedback of your installation ....

Best Regards :(

Pippo-X0

Thanks for your fast reply.

I live in Poland, so does it make difference, that Snow Leopard Retail would be Polish and in Polish leanguage ?

So I have to buy Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.3 Retail PL ?

Is it sure that Mac os x will work on my notebook ?

Before the installation how do I have to prepare my notebook (for example special hard drive partitions).

I want to still have my Windows 7. Is it possible to leave it ?

If something will go wrong, will I be able to restore my notebook to its earlier condition ?

So I won't be able to surf the net by Wi-Fi ? I have Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter.

And I have one more question for you : Is this Mac faster than Windows on yout notebook ?

Greatings and thank you so much for help.