Bluescreen after Resolution change?

davidm71

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have SL10.6.7 using Andy's latest P8P67 Pro installation which is Chameleon v750 I think. Anyhow I made gfx hex strings for my three gpus based on Aquamac's guide and made sure that my NVCAP info was correct such that I have hardware accelleration enabled I think. Problem is if I try to change resolution in the config settings section for display the screen will go all blue until I reboot. I just read it could be because my dvi cable is on the top dvi port and not the bottom port closest to the motherboard. Will have to wait until I go home from work to try that easy fix out if it works... but will I have to generate a new gfx string if I move the cable to the bottom plug? Anyone know? Also anyone get the Evga GTX285 drivers working? Describe how?

thanks.

PS: Also ran the Opengl extension checker utility last night and it passed the tests but the gpu fans spin up and don't spin down. So if I could get the EVGA 285 drivers working on my EVGA285's that would be awesome!

I fixed the screen going blue issue after resolution change. Indeed you have to hook up your monitor onto the dvi port closest to the motherboard...

About those drivers I'll go to nvidia's site right now. Hope they install!

Thanks.