OSx86 boots only once/twice a day - Packard Bell Easynote TJ65

brgmtt

2 posts in this topic

I have a Packard Bell Easynote TJ65 (specs in signature) and managed to install snow leopard onto it, using SnowOSX Universal 3.6. With GraphicsEnabler=Yes the video card works flawlessly, I managed to get the audio working with a kext and everything is ok (apart the wireless card, of course), except one thing: when I try to boot for the first time in a day, it boots almost always; when I try to boot for the second time the same day, it often boots; almost every subsequent attempt to boot fails, without any particular error message.

I get the very same lines that appear when I'm able to boot properly, but at a variable point in the beginning (before any activity on the hard disk) it gets stuck and I have to reset. There are some lines complaining that AppleUSBEHCI was unable to get filterInterruptEventSource, but I don't think they are the problem because the appear event when I can succesfully boot (I have no USB devices plugged in, BTW). I thought that the problem might be overheating, so I got a fan in front of the notebook and waited until it got cool again, but it didn't make any different; using a legacy kernel didn't make any difference, either.

Sometimes a message appears stating that it's waiting for a boot device with a certain UUID (NB this is not "Still waiting for root device"), I thought it might be important because the boot process stops before any activity on the hard disk, even though the same message appears in successful boot attemps.

In desperation, I even modified the date in the BIOS, of course without any result.

I experience the problem independently from the kexts and the subversion of osx I have installed. I don't know what to do, it's really frustrating installing a program that requires reboot and having to wait one day to see it working. Thanks in advance.