Installation problem on acer 5740

akshaiv

29 posts in this topic

Hi i have just tried to install hackintosh hazard 10.6.6i on my acer 5740.

core i3 330m, 3 gb ram, graphics of intel hd, atheros wi-fi card etc. Installation is succesful, but after reboot it is stuck at the apple logo. Waiting for something to come up after that does not help, after a few minutes or so some music plays and hdd activity completely dies down. I have tried the ioata family fix patch but it doesnt help. Help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Hi i have just tried to install hackintosh hazard 10.6.6i on my acer 5740.

core i3 330m, 3 gb ram, graphics of intel hd, atheros wi-fi card etc. Installation is succesful, but after reboot it is stuck at the apple logo. Waiting for something to come up after that does not help, after a few minutes or so some music plays and hdd activity completely dies down. I have tried the ioata family fix patch but it doesnt help. Help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

The music means that you have successfully installed OSX and it is preparing to setup your user info. The problem is that your video isn't supported.

Read through the tutorial in this posting to get ideas on how to get video working well enough to finish your installation. Then seek out solutions to completely fix your video problem.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=227414

The music means that you have successfully installed OSX and it is preparing to setup your user info. The problem is that your video isn't supported.

Read through the tutorial in this posting to get ideas on how to get video working well enough to finish your installation. Then seek out solutions to completely fix your video problem.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=227414

Thanks for the reply, i was wondering if steps specified would work with intel hd graphics, anyways i am trying now and would post my progress...

ok now there is a new problem, i used hazard to install the OS, and used to freeze at the apple logo at startup when i used chameleon. now when i used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] the OS asks me to restart the laptop in 4 different languages....now what do i do?

ok now there is a new problem, i used hazard to install the OS, and used to freeze at the apple logo at startup when i used chameleon. now when i used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] the OS asks me to restart the laptop in 4 different languages....now what do i do?

Before selecting the partition to boot, type: -v

This will select verbose mode which will print messages during the boot and help detect what the problem is. This works both with chameleon and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

i think that's a kernel panic. try restarting again but try booting in verbose mode to see what's causing the kernel panic.

i think that's a kernel panic. try restarting again but try booting in verbose mode to see what's causing the kernel panic.

there is a lot of info...but i guess it is not recognizing the graphics hardware...is there anyway i can integrate the intel hd graphic driver in the installation cd of hazard...if there is such a kext?

there is a lot of info...but i guess it is not recognizing the graphics hardware...is there anyway i can integrate the intel hd graphic driver in the installation cd of hazard...if there is such a kext?

ok now i made some sense out of the info i got...i says unable to find driver for this platform \ACPI\ etc etc.....,

Which Intel graphics is it? If 3100, there is an option in Hazard for that. If 4500, then there is no direct option only a few work-arounds.

Using chameleon, try booting with boot flag: -x. This might bypass whatever kext(s) are keeping you from booting.

If you have Intel 4500, you will want to read these as well: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223945 and http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=221394

ok now i made some sense out of the info i got...i says unable to find driver for this platform \ACPI\ etc etc.....,

Make sure your BIOS is set to use AHCI for SATA or try using IDE compatible settings.

Which Intel graphics is it? If 3100, there is an option in Hazard for that. If 4500, then there is no direct option only a few work-arounds.

Using chameleon, try booting with boot flag: -x. This might bypass whatever kext(s) are keeping you from booting.

If you have Intel 4500, you will want to read these as well: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223945 and http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=221394

Make sure your BIOS is set to use AHCI for SATA or try using IDE compatible settings.

It is set to AHCI. Also during the installation process i installed the chameleon bootloader RC5, the usb and the NTFS patch, unfortunately there was no option for hd 4500 graphics driver. The only option in the hazard instllation was gma 950 and x3100. During this installation i never installed any graphics driver. During my previous installation i installed the x3100 and that used to atleast take me to the gray apple logo, and it used to get stuck there with the music playing. This time the kernel panics. But i will try out the fix you recommended.

now i am getting

disk0s2 : ioctl (' ',51,0) is unsupported.

disk0s3 : ioctl (' ',51,0) is unsupported.

disk0s1 : ioctl (' ',51,0) is unsupported.

and then disk activity stops.

using the chameleon bootloader this time.

1 - now i am getting

disk0s1 : ioctl (' ',51,0) is unsupported.

and then disk activity stops.

2 - using the chameleon bootloader this time.

1 - i'm guessing those are msdos partitions. how many partitions did you make? which file system did you select when you repartitioned your HDD? MBR or GPT?

2 - did you reinstall again? does that happen after you've completed your installation?

i think what you need to do here is to try and recreate the condition that you had when you first posted here.

install it again (and you probably will reinstall over and over.... until you get it right)

boot your hazard dvd with these - "-v cpus=1 busratio=16" (cpus=1 might not be necessary but to be safe)

using diskutility, partition your HDD using GPT. make two partitions - one hfs journaled and the other msdos-fat (for windows 7 later i suppose)

select custom install and write down your selected options:

kernels - legacy kernel or none selected (vanila kernel 10.6.6??? not sure about this)

boot loaders - chameleon rc5 (your choice here but select only one)

boot options - none (you can add boot flags when you boot later)

graphics drivers - none

audio drivers - ???? (if you remember your very first selection when you had music playing in the background)

network drivers - atheros_fix???? (not sure if your wifi is supported)

laptop support - voodoops2 trackpad and battery???

cmos reset fix - applertc??? (if your cmos keeps getting erased or corrupted)

sata_ata fix - ahci sata fix??? (try this one first)

patches:

evoreboot or openhaltrestart

fakesmc v.1.0 or unselected (defaults to later version???)

about this mac???

remember, this is not guaranteed to work. it's a pain installing OSX on a branded dekstop pc and even more on a laptop. but if you keep track of you did, it makes it a bit easier (yes, only just a bit!)

1 - i'm guessing those are msdos partitions. how many partitions did you make? which file system did you select when you repartitioned your HDD? MBR or GPT?

2 - did you reinstall again? does that happen after you've completed your installation?

i think what you need to do here is to try and recreate the condition that you had when you first posted here.

install it again (and you probably will reinstall over and over.... until you get it right)

boot your hazard dvd with these - "-v cpus=1 busratio=16" (cpus=1 might not be necessary but to be safe)

using diskutility, partition your HDD using GPT. make two partitions - one hfs journaled and the other msdos-fat (for windows 7 later i suppose)

select custom install and write down your selected options:

kernels - legacy kernel or none selected (vanila kernel 10.6.6??? not sure about this)

boot loaders - chameleon rc5 (your choice here but select only one)

boot options - none (you can add boot flags when you boot later)

graphics drivers - none

remember, this is not guaranteed to work. it's a pain installing OSX on a branded dekstop pc and even more on a laptop. but if you keep track of you did, it makes it a bit easier (yes, only just a bit!)

1)I already had a windows 7 installation. So the partition is MBR. There are three partitions.2 of NTFS and one of MAC Journaled FS. Do i need to format the hdd and install mac first and the windows 7 later? if so i guess i have to partition with GPT.

2)I have tried to install atleast 10 times now, trying all the permutations and combinations, but i guess the disk error apperas all the time. I unselected all the drivers, but i made sure i used the legacy kernel.

i have tried these boot flags when i get into the hazard DVD

-v cpus=2 busratio=16 arch=i386

as i said it installs successfully everytime but after it reboots, it either gets stuck at the apple logo if i do not use verbose mode or at the errors i mentioned above.

audio drivers - ???? (if you remember your very first selection when you had music playing in the background)

laptop support - voodoops2 trackpad and battery???

cmos reset fix - applertc??? (if your cmos keeps getting erased or corrupted)

sata_ata fix - ahci sata fix??? (try this one first)

patches:

evoreboot or openhaltrestart

fakesmc v.1.0 or unselected (defaults to later version???)

about this mac???

I used the kext provided by voodoo for the sound. I guess Realtek is not supported.

I am a little bit concerned about the CMOS getting corrupted, it has not happened until now, so do you think i should use that fix?

could you please tell me what is applertc, evoreboot, openhaltrestart and fakesmc?

thankyou for your time...

A - I already had a windows 7 installation. So the partition is MBR. There are three partitions.2 of NTFS and one of MAC Journaled FS. Do i need to format the hdd and install mac first and the windows 7 later? if so i guess i have to partition with GPT.

B - I have tried to install atleast 10 times now, trying all the permutations and combinations, but i guess the disk error apperas all the time. I unselected all the drivers, but i made sure i used the legacy kernel.

C - as i said it installs successfully everytime but after it reboots, it either gets stuck at the apple logo if i do not use verbose mode or at the errors i mentioned above.

D - I used the kext provided by voodoo for the sound. I guess Realtek is not supported.

E - I am a little bit concerned about the CMOS getting corrupted, it has not happened until now, so do you think i should use that fix?

could you please tell me what is applertc, F - evoreboot, openhaltrestart and G - fakesmc?

A - Yes, format your HDD with GPT file system - one HFS journaled and the other MSDOS-FAT. You can worry about installing Windows 7 and dual booting later.

B - For now, just use the legacy kernel. I don't think that's the issue at the moment.

C - This could be related to E.

D - VoodooHDA sometimes can cause kernel panic. Don't select any audio drivers for the moment.

E - If your BIOS keeps getting corrupted, then probably your SATA setup keeps defaulting to another value other than AHCI. Use either AppleRTC or another one to fix it. You can also patch your DSDT table but I won't go into detail about it.

F - basically either one fixes reboot/restart/shutdown problem of snow leopard. check this link http://www.osx86.es/?p=749

G - check this link http://netkas.org/?p=141

and lastly, always boot verbose mode so you can see what's happening. it would be easier to help you if you take a picture of a kernel panic or when the boot process stops.

A - Yes, format your HDD with GPT file system - one HFS journaled and the other MSDOS-FAT. You can worry about installing Windows 7 and dual booting later.

B - For now, just use the legacy kernel. I don't think that's the issue at the moment.

C - This could be related to E.

D - VoodooHDA sometimes can cause kernel panic. Don't select any audio drivers for the moment.

E - If your BIOS keeps getting corrupted, then probably your SATA setup keeps defaulting to another value other than AHCI. Use either AppleRTC or another one to fix it. You can also patch your DSDT table but I won't go into detail about it.

F - basically either one fixes reboot/restart/shutdown problem of snow leopard. check this link http://www.osx86.es/?p=749

G - check this link http://netkas.org/?p=141

and lastly, always boot verbose mode so you can see what's happening. it would be easier to help you if you take a picture of a kernel panic or when the boot process stops.

new problem it now shows

setWOW_PARAMETERS : wowevents = 2(1)

disk0s3 : ioctl ('',51,0) is unsupported.

disk0s4 : ioctl ('',51,0) is unsupported.

fakesmc: key not found BEMB, length - 1

and here is a snapshot of the error

post-789101-1304427801_thumb.jpg

new problem it now shows ....

setWOW_PARAMETERS : wowevents = 2(1)

fakesmc: key not found BEMB, length - 1

after completing installation, did you boot with "-v cpus=1 arch=i386 busratio=16" which you used to boot the hazard dvd? if not, try it.

if that does not work try it again but with this "-v -x cpus=1 busratio=16 arch=i386".

if still not ok, try this for last "-s cpus=1 busratio=16 arch=i386" (cpus, busratio, i386 might not be necessary to boot into single-user mode but try it anyway)

after completing installation, did you boot with "-v cpus=1 arch=i386 busratio=16" which you used to boot the hazard dvd? if not, try it.

if that does not work try it again but with this "-v -x cpus=1 busratio=16 arch=i386".

if still not ok, try this for last "-s cpus=1 busratio=16 arch=i386" (cpus, busratio, i386 might not be necessary to boot into single-user mode but try it anyway)

i tried all...i did get into the single user mode..i guess it is used to change the files...it still does not work..any other solutions?

i tried all...i did get into the single user mode..i guess it is used to change the files...it still does not work..any other solutions?

i was hoping that at least you'd be able to boot into single-user mode. but are you familiar with terminal commands? because you need to install some kexts, files and whatnot to get your icon13.gif hazard working.

i was hoping that at least you'd be able to boot into single-user mode. but are you familiar with terminal commands? because you need to install some kexts, files and whatnot to get your icon13.gif hazard working.

sure tell me everything...ill do it now....i am familiar with linux...

sure tell me everything...ill do it now....i am familiar with linux...

ok then.

let's hope your problem is kernel related. so we do this one first, which is the easiest.

get nawcom's latest legacy kernel 10.6.7 here http://dl.nawcom.com/legacy_kernel.10.7.0.bz2.

unzip it and copy it to a fat32 formatted usb stick.

1. boot into single user mode - "-x" at boot menu

2. type the following and press Enter after each line

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

cd /

cp mach_kernel mach_kernel_hazard

rm mach_kernel

then insert your usb stick

cd /Volumes/USBLABEL (USBLABEL is your usb stick)

cp legacy_kernel.10.7.0 /mach_kernel

cd /

chown root:wheel /mach_kernel

chmod 644 /mach_kernel

reboot

remember the boot flags! "-v cpus=1 arch=i386 busratio=16"