DSMOS has arrived

swither

41 posts in this topic

Now that I have relaxed ( you can't believe the agony all day trying to make it work)

I should also say that I didn't use any enabler, just EFI string for my GF9800 GTX+ and works awesomely (btw I can't believe how smooth the animations are, its mindblowing, never seen anything like it!)

Also during the install of Lion, the screen froze and I thought I should reset the PC cause probably it crashed, but then I noticed disk activity. So I let it go even though I had no idea what was happening or what was the installation progress.

And finally it restarted by itself and boom I was in Lion!

So heads up! If your screen freezes during installation and it seems like it crashed, DON'T reset, observe the leds, if there is disk activity, the installation IS happening and it will auto-restart when it finishes.

Hm,

after playing around with it for a while now, I really think we have a bigger problem here.

I don't know exactly what it is but I think it is connected to the IOPCI and Apple made some changes there. That would explain why it sometimes *may* work if you remove the dsdt, and sometimes it *may* help to delete the graphics driver or the efi-string and run in vesa mode, and sometimes it *may* work to take the old kexts or sometimes it *may* work to use the npci bootflag etc. It depends on the setup... puh, that's nasty. :D

Hm,

after playing around with it for a while now, I really think we have a bigger problem here.

I don't know exactly what it is but I think it is connected to the IOPCI and Apple made some changes there. That would explain why it sometimes *may* work if you remove the dsdt, and sometimes it *may* help to delete the graphics driver or the efi-string and run in vesa mode, and sometimes it *may* work to take the old kexts or sometimes it *may* work to use the npci bootflag etc. It depends on the setup... puh, that's nasty. :thanks_speechbubble:

Hey guys, i have tried every solution that you said but they didnt work.

I have a Acer Aspire 4740.

Im still stuck on DSMOS arrived (when I use the -x flag)

and stucked here when I use no flag

110715141807.jpg

Hello!

I'm trying to install Mac OS X Lion GM with DVD.

The installation process stops at «DSMOS has arrived»

Please help me!

post-834672-1310846174_thumb.jpg

Samsung RF 511

Intel HM65

I7 2630QM

Integrated Intel HD 3000

NVidia GM 540M

DSMOS same problem but I found this on a Chinese forum, which proves this afternoon to see if it works, do not miss a thing:

(2)DSMOS has arrived

REMOVE: AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB and AppleIntelSNBVA -s -v

chmod -

R 755 mach_kernel

chown -R root:wheel mach_kernel

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/

rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

reboot

Hey, this does not work for me ;)

I have an Core i3-370M. I think the problem is the IGP 5700. If nothing happens after "DSMOS has arrived", the graphic card could not be initialized. This seems to happen for the new Core i-family.

I tried to install Lion GM. I had no problems with preparing the USB Pendrive till here. I tried several kext's and the fix mentioned above, but nothing changed...

GraphicsEnabler=yes

I hope, somebody can help me ;)

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Keyno

Specs:

HP Pavilion dv6-3103eg

Intel® Core™ i3-370M

4 GB DDR3 (1 x 4096 MB)

500 GB SATA-HDD 7200 U/min

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 (512MB DDR3 dedicated) + shared memory & IGP

• 2 months later...

Finally got past the error. I was actually just typing about how I was still having it when I got past it :).

Found the issue discussed on kexts.com and someone had recommended removing all graphics related texts (appleintel, ati, nvidia) and i got past the issue.

Hardware:

Samsung Series 9 Laptop

i3 370M

Intel HD 3000

2 Gigs of Ram

(I still have to investigate the other hardware)

• 4 weeks later...
I have same problem....

DSMOS has arrived, no panics, it never goes in UI.

I got Geforce 9800 GTX+

I tried everything, 64-bit mode, 32-bit mode, GraphicsEnabler Yes or No, with or without NVEnabler, with or without EFI strings in my boot.plist,

I got the absolute minimal to boot Lion, FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement.

And yes i deleted all extension caches and i boot with -f flag...

It never goes in UI. It just waits there... Keyboard is responsive, i can type stuff (when i boot with -v) but nothing else happens... and I dont get any kinds of errors or messages indicative of the problem

I was fully working in 10.6.8, and the weird thing is, I was able to boot into Lion 10.7 GM installation and install it just fine!

I have the same exact Extensions and same exact Extra folder same exact chameleon that I used to install Lion (which boots with 10.7 kernel)

I have no idea what is going on...

Any help would be appreciated! Please my head is going to explode!

I'm having the exact same problem with an NVidia GT220 and 10.7.2

Anyone come up with a definitive solution yet?