Can't boot after hard disk swap

HerX

2 posts in this topic

I just changed my mac hard drive, I moved from IDE to SATA and now when I try booting I get to the line where it tries to mount old hard drive (some long line with IDE and whatnot in it) and after that I get kernel panic.

I tried searching for the line where the hard drive is specified but no luck. Nothing that even closely resembles that was found on the system. I checked out boot.com.apple.plist, but there is no boot device in it (maybe it's in device-properties, but I don't know what do all those strings mean in the first place, just that it has something to do with hardware info). So has anyone got a clue on how to proceed from here, I'd hate to have to reinstall just to fix this, especially since it was running perfectly on IDE drive (oh and I used Disk Utils restore for cloning the original installation, it ended with an error, so maybe there's something missing?)

If anyone could help I can also provide more detailed info on hardware config, but for now I'll stick to only this info, as I think it should be solvable with a simple edit of some weird placed config file :)

[EDIT]seems I was completely wrong at describing the error, here's a pic that will say everything but a bit more eloquently -_-[/EDIT]

post-160760-1304117991_thumb.jpg