Can i install iAtkos s3v2 on a Packardbell?

Fibroga

67 posts in this topic

thanks for No-reply!!

In this forum i have Never help!!!

I have a Toshiba Tecra with Intel Core i5-520 and Nvidia 2100m. I tried to use iAtkos S3v2 and LeoHazard Snow Leo but the installation process never got to the language selection. It just went on a continuous reboot. I ended up making a usb installer using retail snow leopard 10.6.3 with a mach_kernel from MBP 2011 update. I used boot loader from Anval 5.1.4. It would really help you install OS X if you already have a working OS X.

I have a Toshiba Tecra with Intel Core i5-520 and Nvidia 2100m. I tried to use iAtkos S3v2 and LeoHazard Snow Leo but the installation process never got to the language selection. It just went on a continuous reboot. I ended up making a usb installer using retail snow leopard 10.6.3 with a mach_kernel from MBP 2011 update. I used boot loader from Anval 5.1.4. It would really help you install OS X if you already have a working OS X.

For the instant reboot i use : busratio=16 ( for my 330m ) ...

it works!

But when i boot up leopard i have only black Screen..

1 - For the instant reboot i use : busratio=16 ( for my 330m ) ... it works!...

2 -But when i boot up leopard i have only black Screen..

1 - thanks for the advice but i don't have any more problem with instant reboot

2 - are you saying that you have completed installation of iAtkosS3v2 but when trying to reboot from your hdd you get black screen?

please use the forum.

you haven't answered my last question.

anyway, if you really want to use iAtkosS3v2, try this:

1. dowloand [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd image and burn it. get it from http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ibo...ac-os-x-on.html
  2. boot up you laptop with your [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd. wait for the boot menu. remove your [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd and replace it with iAtkos DVD. wait until the DVD light goes out before you press F5.
  3. select iAtkos and boot verbose.
  4. hopefully, you'll get to the language selection.... choosing the right drivers is another matter.

please use the forum.

you haven't answered my last question.

anyway, if you really want to use iAtkosS3v2, try this:

1. dowloand [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd image and burn it. get it from http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ibo...ac-os-x-on.html
  2. boot up you laptop with your [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd. wait for the boot menu. remove your [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd and replace it with iAtkos DVD. wait until the DVD light goes out before you press F5.
  3. select iAtkos and boot verbose.
  4. hopefully, you'll get to the language selection.... choosing the right drivers is another matter.

I can have access on Setup.

But maybe i do some errors..

I've selected

NVINJECT

Chameleon RC 4 ( the first install) and RC 5 at the second try.

Audio, Ps/2 , notebook drivers.

But when i boot up leopard i have only black Screen...

I can have access on Setup....But maybe i do some errors....

I've selected...NVINJECT...Chameleon RC 4 ( the first install) and RC 5 at the second try...Audio, Ps/2 , notebook drivers...

try installing again without graphics driver. please follow this guide carefully.

at boot menu, type the following

-v GraphicsEnabler=No

then press Enter

post a picture if the boot process stops

So, i've maded a video to show you what appen :

same result with :

-x

-v

-v -x

-v Graphicsenabler=No

-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No

-v busratio=16

-v -x busratio=16

-v GraphicsEnabler=No busratio=16

graphicsEnabler=No

busratio=16

I've tried with Empire Efi and the iAtkos...

video : Video from Youtube

I've tried with Empire Efi and the iAtkos...

video : Video from Youtube

I think you need to replace the kernel installed by iAtkos. But first, can you modify your first post by removing the everest report. Copy it to a text file and just attach it to your first post. It'll be easier to scroll down without it.

ok , done smile.gif

cheers for that mate.

ok, download nawcom's legacy_kernel. copy it to a fat32-formatted usb.

boot your laptop with empire cd and iAtkos. when the "install mac os x" window pops up, click utilities and then terminal. a terminal window will pop up. plug-in your usb. type the following and press enter after each line:

cd /Volumes/USBLABEL (replace USBLABEL with your actual usb label/name)

cp legacy_kernel.10.7.0 /Volumes/SNOW/mach_kernel-nawcom (replace SNOW with your HFS partition where you installed iAtkos)

cd /Volumes/SNOW

cp mach_kernel mach_kernel-iAtkos

cp mach_kernel-nawcom mach_kernel

chown root:wheel mach_kernel

chmod 644 mach_kernel

ls -l <---- take note

reboot

you should at least have 3 kernels listed - mach_kernel, mach_kernel-iAtkos and mach_kernel-nawcom. if you have done it correctly, the file size of mach_kernel should be the same as mach_kernel-nawcom.

don't forget to boot in verbose mode.

cheers for that mate.

ok, download nawcom's legacy_kernel. copy it to a fat32-formatted usb.

boot your laptop with empire cd and iAtkos. when the "install mac os x" window pops up, click utilities and then terminal. a terminal window will pop up. plug-in your usb. type the following and press enter after each line:

cd /Volumes/USBLABEL (replace USBLABEL with your actual usb label/name)

cp legacy_kernel.10.7.0 /Volumes/SNOW/mach_kernel-nawcom (replace SNOW with your HFS partition where you installed iAtkos)

cd /Volumes/SNOW

cp mach_kernel mach_kernel-iAtkos

cp mach_kernel-nawcom mach_kernel

chown root:wheel mach_kernel

chmod 644 mach_kernel

ls -l <---- take note

reboot

you should at least have 3 kernels listed - mach_kernel, mach_kernel-iAtkos and mach_kernel-nawcom. if you have done it correctly, the file size of mach_kernel should be the same as mach_kernel-nawcom.

don't forget to boot in verbose mode.

can i integrate directly in the iatkos dvd?

can i integrate directly in the iatkos dvd?

integrate it? huh.gif

if you have trouble doing os x terminal commands, i don't think you can integrate it... or maybe you can. wacko.gif i really don't know how to answer your question.

integrate it? huh.gif

if you have trouble doing os x terminal commands, i don't think you can integrate it... or maybe you can. wacko.gif i really don't know how to answer your question.

Same. Black Screen. :moil:

Same. Black Screen. :moil:

are there any hard disk activity after the black screen?

try booting again, with -v GraphicsEnabler=No busratio=16 but with an external monitor connected to your vga port. check the hdd light (LED) again.

are there any hard disk activity after the black screen?

try booting again, with -v GraphicsEnabler=No busratio=16 but with an external monitor connected to your vga port. check the hdd light (LED) again.

no HDD activity.

no HDD activity.

any more details? like "i tried with an external monitor and booted with the flags -v ..."

c'mon man, trying to help you out here but it doesn't look like you're doing exactly what i've suggested so far. from your responses, i'm not even sure you replaced your kernel.

any more details? like "i tried with an external monitor and booted with the flags -v ..."

c'mon man, trying to help you out here but it doesn't look like you're doing exactly what i've suggested so far. from your responses, i'm not even sure you replaced your kernel.

My friend, check your pm.... :)