Chameleon v2.1 (Main Trunk)

ErmaC

595 posts in this topic

Thanks, truly appreciate all your help ;), I successfully installed OSX Lion, the only issue I'm having is that the audio doesn't seem to be working..

Anyone know how I can get it going? I was using Legacy889HDA.kext on Snow Leopard..

try binpatch the bin into the AppleHDA.kext

Fabio

why we can't boot in 32 bit mod in LION in trunk 752?

although in SL we can

No safe(-x) boot in Lion too!
Hi guys ;) Mald0n, oldnapalm and iReset. Plus to fail to load in x32, also reporting here no /Extra/Extensions.mkext reading/loading properly (or /E/E) from r752 and r753 (or Im missed something about cache load), I have installed DP2. Please, keep up the extraordinary work on chameleon :thumbsup_anim: Thanks So Much, Good Luck, and Best for all of You.

Installed on the hd clone, a personal information… has the code source for ATI and Nvidia?

It will be optimal also for Lion? Scrax made a istaller me personal for the raid, as I make to replace with this version of camaleon, can pass to you the installer of Alessio?Thank's :thumbsup_anim:

Yes, not actually a fix, just we don't need to have all device icons in theme...

I think iDeviceBEFS_o doesn't need to be there, like the others (except FAT16 and FAT32 that I would change too)

I'm confused .... :thumbsup_anim:

iconnd.png

???

PLS HELP!

Fabio

I'm quite pissed about something. Here's why.....
Sorry people. One of my grandmothers died today.

Hi DHP

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, and I hope your ideas, progress and development get credited in the source code if these amendments do make it in to Chameleon's trunk. One reason I guess why your marvellous work goes unnoticed by the majority is because RevoBoot is not widely used. As to how to make it more mainstream?.. I'm not sure other than maybe host it at the voodoproject's forge? (which you probably don't want to do).

why we can't boot in 32 bit mod in LION in trunk 752?

The modded Chameleon can boot the kernel in 32bit mode.

post-331032-1304188639_thumb.png

I'm confused .... :)

Hi Fabio

The images ending with _o are the optional images for Chameleon RC5's revised GUI used to show the currently selected device.

If a theme doesn't have a _o image for a particular device, then the image stays the same when selected. (Does that make sense?)

If a theme doesn't have a _o image for a particular device, then the image stays the same when selected. (Does that make sense?)

Makes sense to me, that's why I suggested the change, so it won't fail to start GUI if no icon is found for a device.

Parameters for LOADPNG are (img, alt_img), so

LOADPNG(device_befs, iDeviceGeneric); // alternative for device_befs is iDeviceGeneric
LOADPNG(device_befs_o, iDeviceBEFS); // alternative for device_befs_o is iDeviceBEFS

the same for FAT 16 and 32

LOADPNG(device_fat16, iDeviceGeneric);
LOADPNG(device_fat16_o, iDeviceFAT);
LOADPNG(device_fat32, iDeviceGeneric);
LOADPNG(device_fat32_o, iDeviceFAT);

or it will fail with "ERROR: GUI: could not open *.png" if the image is not found in theme.

Yep. I agree with your change for device_befs, but I think the FAT devices are okay and don't need changing because in function loadGraphic:

• LOADPNG for devices fat16 and fat32 point to iDeviceFAT, which is graphic file device_fat.

• LOADPNG for devices fat16_o and fat32_o point to iDeviceFAT_o, which is graphic file device_fat_o.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't actually tested it out.

Add V4 diff file for Trunk753 as oldnapalm suggest correction for gui.c

(Is present revision 755 mozodojo branch also include Lion support...)

Fabio

EDIT:

Also add the compiled binaries

boot, boot0, boot0hfs, boot1h

;)

Yep. I agree with your change for device_befs, but I think the FAT devices are okay and don't need changing because in function loadGraphic:

• LOADPNG for devices fat16 and fat32 point to iDeviceFAT, which is graphic file device_fat.

• LOADPNG for devices fat16_o and fat32_o point to iDeviceFAT_o, which is graphic file device_fat_o.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't actually tested it out.

I think it should be like I suggested, so if one's theme doesn't have a specific icon for FAT volumes it will use generic one, but I'm not sure, it's a guess based on the other partition types (HFS, NTFS, etc).

Fabio

EDIT:

:(

Nice news, but could you fix 32bits mode too. It's only for 64bits now?

Now, I could boot to 32bits with netkas's boot only, not support Snow. Thanks.

http://netkas.org/?p=745

Fabio

EDIT:

:(

Thanks for the compiled binaries.

With 755, I get an error saying cannot load GUI.... something.png (sry don't remember exact error).

With 755, I get an error saying cannot load GUI.... something.png (sry don't remember exact error).

This was discussed and covered in the preceding posts at the top of this page of the thread.

Nice news, but could you fix 32bits mode too. It's only for 64bits now?

Now, I could boot to 32bits with netkas's boot only, not support Snow. Thanks.

http://netkas.org/?p=745

I'm not a coder! (I'm a copy&paste maniac :()

And we need the knowledge to do that, and I haven't this level of knowledge sorry!

Any suggestion or code tricks are welcome!

(some shot pic or more error info?)

oldnapalm post me a gui.c variant.... I post it soon ... we test and try...

Fabio

Different branches here have different functionality!!

I like to use the option of loading kexts for different versions of OS X, so for example:

/Extra/10.6/Extensions/

/Extra/10.7/Extensions/

The sources posted at the head of this topic (same as those posted by oldnaplam) have the same functionality as the official Chameleon trunk (rev753) which allow loading sets of kexts for the different OS's

The diff V4 posted by Fabio doesn't. Is this because it's based on AnVAL's branch?

Yep. The following line should read as oldnapalm posted:

LOADPNG(device_befs_o, iDeviceBEFS);

Otherwise the theme you use has to have the device_befs_o.png graphic.

@iReset

About Haiku patch, maybe it should be like this in gui.c?

LOADPNG(device_befs,					iDeviceGeneric);
LOADPNG(device_befs_o,				  iDeviceBEFS);

The way it is now it requires both device_befs icons in default theme or it fails to start GUI.

Even Mac OS partition uses generic device icon, but it shows both if they are present

LOADPNG(device_hfsplus,				 iDeviceGeneric);
LOADPNG(device_hfsplus_o,			   iDeviceHFS);

Ahaaa, I didn't see this one.

error: could not open Default/device_befs_o.png

Created a device_befs_o.png and now the GUI loads. Why doesn't it fall back to the generic icon instead of crashing whole GUI?

Different branches here have different functionality!!

I like to use the option of loading kexts for different versions of OS X, so for example:

/Extra/10.6/Extensions/

/Extra/10.7/Extensions/

The sources posted at the head of this topic (same as those posted by oldnaplam) have the same functionality as the official Chameleon trunk (rev753) which allow loading sets of kexts for the different OS's

The diff V4 posted by Fabio doesn't. Is this because it's based on AnVAL's branch?

Hi blackosx!

resuming....

All the diff generated code (lion patch) in diffV4 is based on mozodojo 755 branch

from AnVAL there is:

- the exactly ati.c source (apat the #include "../boot2/boot.h")

- a lot of text correction into /* */ or // (these are comment!)

extra code for FreeBSD/OpenBSD and Artworks from AnVal (credits to him)

extra code for Haiku and Artwork credits to scorpions on voodooprojects

but this extra code no affect the boot... is just a "extra" patch added

Also the modified (cosmetics) makes files no affect the result, is a "elegant" way to show the compiling "log" (inspired on meklort and Slice code)

The big difference is in boot.c file...

All the credits for the coding goto to original author.

Fabio

Ahaaa, I didn't see this one.

error: could not open Default/device_befs_o.png

Created a device_befs_o.png and now the GUI loads. Why doesn't it fall back to the generic icon instead of crashing whole GUI?

Add V5 diff file and binaries...

pls confirm if the "gui" error gone

Fabio

Installed Lion just fine and it booted perfectly, but after installing an update for DP2, boot time increased to like 20 min. i can hear HDD r/w but nothing else..

i get stuck on this screen for 15min(and i can type in whatever i want), then it all works PERFECT..

kexts etc are all same.

what bothers me, this effect seems to mirror with Snow Leo too :/

thanks for all suggestions!

post-666275-1304253021_thumb.jpg

Hi Fabio

Thanks for the confirmation. I've just tried booting with mozodojo's rev755 and it behaves as I mentioned earlier and doesn't load from /Extra/10.6/Extensions/. So that's the point of origin to look at for me.

I did keep my eye on valv's topic when he was developing his branch, although I never actually used it, and I remember valv adding nawcom's code for FreeBSD/OpenBSD because he asked for those icons which I designed. I also remember commenting about the compiling verbose massages to Meklort in the topic here at IM about his branch so I did recognise that when I saw it :)

BTW, shouldn't it be scorpius who posted about the haiku patch? And yep. I know that doesn't affect the kext loading.

So my point here is in this topic we have two different code bases being used. Oldnapalm's posted source and your diff's based on mozodojo's latest branch. This is okay for now, but I guess we just have to wait and see which direction the Chameleon trunk takes with regard to gathering together the best of each branch and the 10.7 masked interrupts trick.

I did read that MacMan has a 'best of all branches' version of Chameleon which I think is being put under the name Chimera?.. but MacMan has yet to post sources to Voodooproject's forge. Maybe that could prove a good base to build on with the 10.7 trick? time will tell....

Regards

Add V5 diff file and binaries...

pls confirm if the "gui" error gone

Fabio

Error gone :)

I do however get random cases where /Exta/Extensions don't load (on 10.6). Have you changed the required directory structure?

I did read that MacMan has a 'best of all branches' version of Chameleon which I think is being put under the name Chimera?.. but MacMan has yet to post sources to Voodooproject's forge. Maybe that could prove a good base to build on with the 10.7 trick? time will tell....

Regards

I'd hold off until that source code is published because so far there are reports that it doesn't work at all with socket 775 cpu's so not sure I'd call it the 'best of all branches' just yet. It also doesn't contain any support for recent AMD GPU's however that should hopefully be fixed soon as i have given them the modified source code that I used to get it working on a sandybridge build based on kabyl and AnVal's code.