• Please log in to reply
602 replies to this topic

yamcha

yamcha

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
SUCCESS, I LOVE YOU GUYS, BUT, after it reaches the Mac OSX Lion install screen USB doesn't seem to be working, I cannot use mouse or keyboard, anyone know how I can fix this?

EDIT
I don't seem to be getting power on any of the USB's once it boots into OSX Lion Installation screen.. I think I get an error, but I'm not too sure, as it still reaches the installation screen

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,139 posts

SUCCESS, I LOVE YOU GUYS, BUT, after it reaches the Mac OSX Lion install screen USB doesn't seem to be working, I cannot use mouse or keyboard, anyone know how I can fix this?

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=235523

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Install "Extra Lion" and "Chameleon RC5" into USB flash(after restoring the image)

maybe you need to modify OSInstall in System/Installation/Packages

Would you please elaborate on the OSIntall statement?

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,139 posts

Would you please elaborate on the OSIntall statement?

http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1667940

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts
@iReset

About Haiku patch, maybe it should be like this in gui.c?
LOADPNG(device_befs,					iDeviceGeneric);
	LOADPNG(device_befs_o,				  iDeviceBEFS);
The way it is now it requires both device_befs icons in default theme or it fails to start GUI.

Even Mac OS partition uses generic device icon, but it shows both if they are present
LOADPNG(device_hfsplus,				 iDeviceGeneric);
	LOADPNG(device_hfsplus_o,			   iDeviceHFS);

lacoste111

lacoste111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

This is Chameleon trunk revision 752 with Andy's patches for Lion and Snow Leopard

Thanks iReset ;)

All the credits go to the Chameleon Team, Andy Vandijck, cparm, netkas, and all involved in the development in any way.

http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1674711

Sources: http://www.mediafire...8n3r4c0na0gl12s
Binaries: http://www.mediafire...uye6j7aypdyfrzy

why we can't boot in 32 bit mod in LION in trunk 752?
although in SL we can

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,752 posts

@iReset

About Haiku patch, maybe it should be like this in gui.c?

LOADPNG(device_befs,					iDeviceGeneric);
	LOADPNG(device_befs_o,				  iDeviceBEFS);
The way it is now it requires both device_befs icons in default theme or it fails to start GUI.

Even Mac OS partition uses generic device icon, but it shows both if they are present
LOADPNG(device_hfsplus,				 iDeviceGeneric);
	LOADPNG(device_hfsplus_o,			   iDeviceHFS);

No idea...

we can try...
LOADPNG(device_befs,                    iDeviceGeneric);
LOADPNG(device_befs_o, iDeviceBEFS_o);
LOADPNG(device_cdrom, iDeviceGeneric);
LOADPNG(device_cdrom_o, iDeviceCDROM);[/size] _linenums:0'>[size=1] LOADPNG(device_freebsd, iDeviceGeneric); LOADPNG(device_freebsd_o, iDeviceFreeBSD); LOADPNG(device_openbsd, iDeviceGeneric); LOADPNG(device_openbsd_o, iDeviceOpenBSD); LOADPNG(device_fat, iDeviceGeneric); LOADPNG(device_fat_o, iDeviceFAT); LOADPNG(device_fat16, iDeviceFAT); LOADPNG(device_fat16_o, iDeviceFAT_o); LOADPNG(device_fat32, iDeviceFAT); LOADPNG(device_fat32_o, iDeviceFAT_o); LOADPNG(device_ntfs, iDeviceGeneric); LOADPNG(device_ntfs_o, iDeviceNTFS); LOADPNG(device_befs, iDeviceGeneric); LOADPNG(device_befs_o, iDeviceBEFS_o); LOADPNG(device_cdrom, iDeviceGeneric); LOADPNG(device_cdrom_o, iDeviceCDROM);[/size]

I will include this "fix".

Fabio

mboy

mboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Is there any solution yet to the "PCI configuration begin" installation problem for NVIDIA cards ?

Cloudane

Cloudane

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Hmm this is interesting. Not that I really know what I'm doing.

Compared to the version I was using (^Andy^'s or Anval's I'm not sure now, there are so many versions and I think more than one Andy doing Chameleon hacks)

Pros:
Displayport works on boot!! Woohooo!!
Seems to boot up in a higher resolution i.e. the grey apple screen is high res instead of 1024x768 (may be related to the DP working)
Edit: Definitely related. If I turn the GUI off, the grey screen is 1024 again and displayport doesn't work afterwards. Innnnnnteresting....
Prefpane. Neato.

Cons:
New theme / display mode is extremely sluggish - if I'm trying to type in parameters it can't keep up with my typing.. press a key, wait, press another key, wait, etc.
"GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Duckweed" - now results in a black screen and the GPU fan going at full pelt (and without it, apps like DVD Player don't work)
Mouse is choppy again despite the busratio command still being in operation

E2: Got the Duckweed framebuffer working by resurrecting notshy's DSDT method (http://www.tonymacx8...hp?f=15&t=15798) instead of relying on ^Andy^'s (I think) AtiConfig tweakage to Chameleon. Now with Displayport working (yayyy) and mouse possibly responding properly again with this framebuffer (wooo).

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts

No idea...

we can try...

I will include this "fix".

Yes, not actually a fix, just we don't need to have all device icons in theme...

I think iDeviceBEFS_o doesn't need to be there, like the others (except FAT16 and FAT32 that I would change too)
LOADPNG(device_fat16,                   iDeviceGeneric);
LOADPNG(device_fat16_o, iDeviceFAT);
LOADPNG(device_fat32, iDeviceGeneric);
LOADPNG(device_fat32_o, iDeviceFAT);
LOADPNG(device_ntfs, iDeviceGeneric);
LOADPNG(device_ntfs_o, iDeviceNTFS);
LOADPNG(device_befs, iDeviceGeneric);
LOADPNG(device_befs_o, iDeviceBEFS);
LOADPNG(device_cdrom, iDeviceGeneric);
LOADPNG(device_cdrom_o, iDeviceCDROM);[/size] _linenums:0'>[size=1] LOADPNG(device_freebsd, iDeviceGeneric); LOADPNG(device_freebsd_o, iDeviceFreeBSD); LOADPNG(device_openbsd, iDeviceGeneric); LOADPNG(device_openbsd_o, iDeviceOpenBSD); LOADPNG(device_fat, iDeviceGeneric); LOADPNG(device_fat_o, iDeviceFAT); LOADPNG(device_fat16, iDeviceGeneric); LOADPNG(device_fat16_o, iDeviceFAT); LOADPNG(device_fat32, iDeviceGeneric); LOADPNG(device_fat32_o, iDeviceFAT); LOADPNG(device_ntfs, iDeviceGeneric); LOADPNG(device_ntfs_o, iDeviceNTFS); LOADPNG(device_befs, iDeviceGeneric); LOADPNG(device_befs_o, iDeviceBEFS); LOADPNG(device_cdrom, iDeviceGeneric); LOADPNG(device_cdrom_o, iDeviceCDROM);[/size]

rayap

rayap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

although in SL we can

No safe(-x) boot in Lion too!

yamcha

yamcha

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=235523

Thanks, truly appreciate all your help ;), I successfully installed OSX Lion, the only issue I'm having is that the audio doesn't seem to be working..

Anyone know how I can get it going? I was using Legacy889HDA.kext on Snow Leopard..

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,752 posts

Thanks, truly appreciate all your help ;), I successfully installed OSX Lion, the only issue I'm having is that the audio doesn't seem to be working..

Anyone know how I can get it going? I was using Legacy889HDA.kext on Snow Leopard..

try binpatch the bin into the AppleHDA.kext

Fabio

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,486 posts

although in SL we can

No safe(-x) boot in Lion too!

Hi guys ;) Mald0n, oldnapalm and iReset. Plus to fail to load in x32, also reporting here no /Extra/Extensions.mkext reading/loading properly (or /E/E) from r752 and r753 (or Im missed something about cache load), I have installed DP2. Please, keep up the extraordinary work on chameleon :thumbsup_anim: Thanks So Much, Good Luck, and Best for all of You.

magnifico

magnifico

Retired

• Donators
  • 2,557 posts
Installed on the hd clone, a personal information… has the code source for ATI and Nvidia?

It will be optimal also for Lion? Scrax made a istaller me personal for the raid, as I make to replace with this version of camaleon, can pass to you the installer of Alessio?Thank's :thumbsup_anim:

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,752 posts

Yes, not actually a fix, just we don't need to have all device icons in theme...

I think iDeviceBEFS_o doesn't need to be there, like the others (except FAT16 and FAT32 that I would change too)

I'm confused .... :thumbsup_anim:

Posted Image

???

PLS HELP!

Fabio

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,169 posts

I'm quite pissed about something. Here's why.....

Sorry people. One of my grandmothers died today.

Hi DHP
Sorry to hear about your grandmother, and I hope your ideas, progress and development get credited in the source code if these amendments do make it in to Chameleon's trunk. One reason I guess why your marvellous work goes unnoticed by the majority is because RevoBoot is not widely used. As to how to make it more mainstream?.. I'm not sure other than maybe host it at the voodoproject's forge? (which you probably don't want to do).

The modded Chameleon can boot the kernel in 32bit mode.
Attached File  SysInfo.png   62.62KB   127 downloads

I'm confused .... :)

Hi Fabio

The images ending with _o are the optional images for Chameleon RC5's revised GUI used to show the currently selected device.

If a theme doesn't have a _o image for a particular device, then the image stays the same when selected. (Does that make sense?)

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts

If a theme doesn't have a _o image for a particular device, then the image stays the same when selected. (Does that make sense?)

Makes sense to me, that's why I suggested the change, so it won't fail to start GUI if no icon is found for a device.

Parameters for LOADPNG are (img, alt_img), so
LOADPNG(device_befs, iDeviceGeneric); // alternative for device_befs is iDeviceGeneric
	LOADPNG(device_befs_o, iDeviceBEFS); // alternative for device_befs_o is iDeviceBEFS
the same for FAT 16 and 32
LOADPNG(device_fat16, iDeviceGeneric);
	LOADPNG(device_fat16_o, iDeviceFAT);
	LOADPNG(device_fat32, iDeviceGeneric);
	LOADPNG(device_fat32_o, iDeviceFAT);
or it will fail with "ERROR: GUI: could not open *.png" if the image is not found in theme.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,169 posts
Yep. I agree with your change for device_befs, but I think the FAT devices are okay and don't need changing because in function loadGraphic:
• LOADPNG for devices fat16 and fat32 point to iDeviceFAT, which is graphic file device_fat.
• LOADPNG for devices fat16_o and fat32_o point to iDeviceFAT_o, which is graphic file device_fat_o.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't actually tested it out.

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,752 posts
Add V4 diff file for Trunk753 as oldnapalm suggest correction for gui.c

(Is present revision 755 mozodojo branch also include Lion support...)

Fabio

EDIT:
Also add the compiled binaries
boot, boot0, boot0hfs, boot1h
;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy