• Please log in to reply
602 replies to this topic

teateam

teateam

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

i've already installed mac os lion on my pc. i've lost my flash boot. i just need bootloader. anyway i gonna install snow leopard for temprory solution.

If you try to read, what I advised for you, you'll find the answer to your question.

edgar87

edgar87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
It boots SL, but Lion gives KP on boot with this boot file..
Is there something special that I must do to boot Lion?

-CEOS-

-CEOS-

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
graphics enabler for 8800gts 512 doesn't work in Snow leo.

Time2Retire

Time2Retire

Retired

• Retired Developers
  • 1,012 posts
I'm quite pissed about something. Here's why:

Not only did I found out why, but I also fixed the kernelcache and adler generation bugs. Which nobody did before me! And yes, you can find it in this forum (well documented).

Next to that I introduced /chosen/boot-uuid with RevoBoot so this one is mine too (also well documented).

I also was the first person to solve the __bzero compiler error for Xcode 4 (PM'ed melkort about it).

Now have a look at RevoBoot and the efi changes in Chameleon. Noticed something? Yes. There's even more yet I see no credit in my name?!? Why is that?

So how long do you guys want to wait for real Sandy Bridge support in your boot loader? Oh yeah. You can have a look at my work and see that what I did so far, isn't anywhere available. Not in any boot loader... and now I should accept people to use my hard labor and as thanks I get no credit for my hard work?

Just lame excuses and getting me a big finger won't help anyone. Now take a look at how long the Chameleon branches were in a stalled state.

So are you prepared to wait another year?

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,837 posts
I think the i386 problem was introduced my me porting Andy's patches to Chameleon.

In PC_EFI there's only setupEfiTables in fake_efi.c, and in Chameleon there are setupEfiTables32 and setupEfiTables64, maybe I missed something.

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,636 posts

Now have a look at RevoBoot and the efi changes in Chameleon. Noticed something? Yes. There's even more yet I see no credit in my name?!? Why is that?

I'm sorry if I forgot to credit you!

LION patch credits: All the credits go to the Chameleon team, Andy Vandijck, cparm, netkas, DutchHockeyPro
and all involved in the development in any way.

Fabio

yamcha

yamcha

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Guys, how did you manage to Install OSX Lion? I've tried the latest version of ##### and even XPC and It just doesn't seem to work for me, the GUI doesn't even show up.

So the real question is can I restore this version of Chameleon to USB and boot to Mac OSX 10.7 installer?

Appreciate anyones help, I've been trying for ages with no luck..

Thanks!

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

So the real question is can I restore this version of Chameleon to USB and boot to Mac OSX 10.7 installer?

Install "Extra Lion" and "Chameleon RC5" into USB flash(after restoring the image)
Attached File  Extra_Lion.pkg.zip   6MB   201 downloads
maybe you need to modify OSInstall in System/Installation/Packages

yamcha

yamcha

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Install "Extra Lion" and "Chameleon RC5" into USB flash(after restoring the image)
Attached File  Extra_Lion.pkg.zip   6MB   201 downloads
maybe you need to modify OSInstall in System/Installation/Packages

Thanks for reply, so should I restore Mac OSX Lion onto a USB? and then install RC5 & Extra lion?

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Thanks for reply, so should I restore Mac OSX Lion onto a USB? and then install RC5 & Extra lion?

Yep

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,636 posts
:wacko:

Also the second warnings is gone.

2)
ati.c: In function ‘setup_ati_devprop’:
ati.c:662: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of ‘devprop_add_value’ differ in signedness

diff V3

Fabio

Time2Retire

Time2Retire

Retired

• Retired Developers
  • 1,012 posts
Sorry people. One of my grandmothers died today. Hitting me in the face. I better stay off-line until I can think straight again.

Good job everyone!

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,837 posts

so should I restore Mac OSX Lion onto a USB? and then install RC5 & Extra lion?

Not just restore, you have to do the steps 1-5 under "Install Preparation" in this topic
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=250415

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,837 posts

diff V3

Some changes were committed to the trunk
http://forge.voodoop...rce/commit/753/
patching file trunk/i386/boot0/boot0.s
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] 
patching file trunk/i386/boot0/chain0.s

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,636 posts

Some changes were committed to the trunk
http://forge.voodoop...rce/commit/753/

patching file trunk/i386/boot0/boot0.s
patching file trunk/i386/boot0/chain0.s

Just posted a new V3 of diff file.... for trunk 753...

:D

Fabio

yamcha

yamcha

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Not just restore, you have to do the steps 1-5 under "Install Preparation" in this topic
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=250415

Thanks, I followed those steps exactly before though, sadly It still doesn't work, I don't know what it is..

I've even tried the Extra boot and Chameleon v2.0 RC5, what happens is when I have the usb drive hooked up it doesn't get pass the bios, it just hangs on the logo start up.. when i remove the usb it boots up fine into Snow Leopard..

I've even updated bios, no difference.. I've given up, I will just wait to see what Tonymacx86 will bring, his methods tend to work and are easy to understand aswell..

Goron

Goron

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
In first i have to admit: i didn´t try the given extra.pkg!!!

This branch seems --at least for me-- to be unstable!!! 3/3 installation tries failed!!! With XPC booter, everything was fine ....
I restored Base.dmg to second partition of hdd and installed new Chameleon onto it. Installer boots fine and install starts, but randomly at different stages during install it just crashes "corresponding process: Mac OS X Install", nothin special so far :D

Does any1 have a clue what could cause this phenomenon? Like i said: with XPC it installed just fine .....

Cheers

Goron

Razorbackeve

Razorbackeve

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Well.... Given that my laptop couldn´t boot sucessfully any UEFI bootloader, i have to say i´m very happy with all the people who coded/contributed to this patch, it has work perfectly for me, this is the first time i have boot the installer, install the system and boot the installed Lion system.
Thanks again to all of you. :D
Just remains the boot on 32bits option to be operative with this loader.

flip360

flip360

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
works fine here with the newest preview 2 update :)
thanks to everyone involved!!!

cheers

yamcha

yamcha

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Finally some progress, I put this version of Chameleon on USB and was able to get it to boot, before I was having issues where it would just hang on bios logo, what I did was to resolve this is that i formatted the drive using MBR, GUID was causing hangs..

Anyway thanks for your efforts, I'm going try and attempt installing Lion now.. Hopefully it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy