Chameleon v2.1 (Main Trunk)

ErmaC

595 posts in this topic

Ok, I thought you were referring to the issue 71 memory problem http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/71/#ic328 , I guess you're having a different problem.

I just tried r833 and the memory size/speed are reported correctly (but n/a for manufactuer) with my sandy bridge system, whereas no memory information worked in r823. For reference, in r760, the memory was reported (but was the wrong type - ddr2)

It appears to be purely cosmetic but it's still a regression even if only a very low impact one.

I've got a couple of niggly problems with the latest trunk build. It no longer detects the memory manufacturer and just displays N/A even though the manufacturer (G Skill in this case) is listed in the relevant header file.

My only other gripe from the limited testing that I've done so far tonight is that we are rapidly running out of space for a decent theme (I get the bootfile size greater than blah blah error if I used my current theme and try to embed it).

Other than those minor issues I can confirm that it works for snow and lion on a sandybridge with ATI support ;)

If you could upload a .ioreg dump, I'll try to fix it.

Regae - there honestly is no need to use my build anymore. Everything appears to be in the current trunk build and other than my moaning above it all appears to be working fine. At least now it can be maintained and supported properly which was something I was never going to be able to do ;)

with another build, there are no support for ati, not like ur build, i tried with bcc9 build, with GE = Yes my vga card fan running 100% and no display on my monitor. with GE = No, detected as NI40, and dvd crashing.

Does anybody know how to make the latest version of Chameleon svn?

All the best,

NSCXP2005

In your Terminal:

svn co http://forge.voodooprojects.org/svn/chameleon/trunk/

Compile with the Xcode.app version 3.x

Compiled Chameleon 2 RC5 binaries and package installers:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075

with another build, there are no support for ati, not like ur build, i tried with bcc9 build, with GE = Yes my vga card fan running 100% and no display on my monitor. with GE = No, detected as NI40, and dvd crashing.

regae, the ATi support is fully included in the latest builds mate, I'm using it myself :wacko:

regae, the ATi support is fully included in the latest builds mate, I'm using it myself :)

i've got an error with build 832, memory allocation bla bla bla ati.c

but with build 839 yes it is. it works. but no memory manufactur detected, juts N/A, Processor interconect speed detected 25.4 GT/s. everyting else just fine.

and 1 more thing, in geekbench my mem detected 8gb 0 mhz RAM.

post-572014-1305830101_thumb.png

but with build 839 yes it is. it works. but no memory manufactur detected, juts N/A, Processor interconect speed detected 25.4 GT/s. everyting else just fine.

Kabyl is looking into the memory detection issue as we speak. In the meanwhile you are more than welcome to try this boot file that I knocked up earlier to see if it helps at all.

boot.zip

thank you andy, -_-

Something weird is going on with geekbench. Using the build I just sent you the memory is detected properly in system profiler however geekbench still shows 0mhz. Reverting to the build I had of 760 and system profiler is correct but geekbench shows DDR2 800mhz :)

Something weird is going on with geekbench. Using the build I just sent you the memory is detected properly in system profiler however geekbench still shows 0mhz. Reverting to the build I had of 760 and system profiler is correct but geekbench shows DDR2 800mhz :)

oh poor me, forgot to check with geekbench,

yes, geekbench still gimme 0 Mhz. T_T -_-

its purely cosmetic right?

confusing,

oh poor me, forgot to check with geekbench,

yes, geekbench still gimme 0 Mhz. T_T :)

its purely cosmetic right?

confusing,

Well if it wasn't im fairly sure you'd be waiting until the end of time for geeknech to finish lol -_-

Now that would be an invitation to an early grave. Best not :)

Well according to the religious nutballs judgement day is due on Saturday so with only 5 months left before the end of the world I can't think of a better way to go (well I can but I don't want to be banned from the forums for typing it lol)

Sorry all for going way off topic btw, just a bit of fun :P

i've got an error with build 832, memory allocation bla bla bla ati.c

I'm going to need your .ioreg.

Kabyl is looking into the memory detection issue as we speak. In the meanwhile you are more than welcome to try this boot file that I knocked up earlier to see if it helps at all.

Your inbox if full :)

Anyone has a SandyBridge-based Mac's .ioreg?